Desserts

How fun is this Mummy Munch?!  I couldn’t help myself when I found these cute little Halloween cupcake liners and Autumn Mix at Target.  This is a quick and simple snack that the kids go nuts for.

Go find yourself some fun Halloween Cupcake liners, some Autumn Mix and have fun “munching!”  Sometimes quick and simple snacks are a must!

Take a peek :)

Here is your trusty line up of ingredients.

Break out your Honey Nut Chex Cereal….

….your pretzels…

…don’t forget your Autumn Mix which is basically candy corn and pumpkins :)

…toss in any ol’ peanuts, mix and….

Melt your vanilla candy melt….

Pour and stir!

Double Yes!

Once cooled, break apart and put into your cutest Halloween cupcake liners….Target throws in the cute picks too :)

Mummy Munch

4 Cups Honey Chex Cereal

16 oz package vanilla candy melts

1 Cup Autumn Mix (candy corn, little pumpkins)

1 Cup dry roasted peanuts

2 Cups mini pretzels

1.  Place cereal, Autumn mix, peanuts and pretzels into a large bowl.  Mix to combine.  Melt vanilla candy melts according to package directions then pour into cereal mixture.  Gently stir until well coated then pour onto wax paper or a silpat lined baking sheet to dry.  Once dried, break up into pieces and put into cute Halloween cupcake liners or into little bags.

About 8 Cups

___________________________

Hey guys, I was also chosen as a BlogHer Compensated LG TextED  Ambassador.  The focus of the program is to help educate parents about texting and ways to combat negative behaviors like bullying, gossip and inappropriate content being shared.  This weeks topic is “Talk the talk….Decoding your teens texting lingo.  Every comment left on our posts donates $.50 donation to DoSomething.org.  Come see all the bloggers involved and comment to donate :)  Thanks!  I know I don’t have teens yet that text, but boy when I do…..I’ll be ready for them!  I’m getting good at decoding texting lingo :)  How about you?

Have a great day!  Come back soon!

Comments

rakhshanda says:

Hey that looks so yummmmmy!! Love your blog!! It’s really yum.He He!

There is no way I’d be able to keep out of this!

Eliana says:

What a fun snack! I would be so dangerous around a bowl of this.

Adorable! What a great idea to serve the snack in cupcake liners! Love the mummy cupcake toppers!

You are so talented and amazingly creative! These look adorable – I’m guessing that kids love them!

Ashlee says:

Wow!! This looks amazing. I cannot wait to make these with my children one day. Do you like the silpat lined baking sheet? Saturday I made some Chicken Tortilla Soup in my crock-pot and used a liner for the first time. This made clean up so easy, all I did was throw it away. Thank you for your post. Have a great day.
    Ashlee.

this is adorable! i’m totally making this for church on sunday…the parents might kill me if the kids eat all that sugar, but it’s too cute!

Jocelyn says:

This looks dangerous…pretty sure I would eat it all! Loving the liners and mummy picks:-)

Anna says:

I make this every year, but I always add in the Halloween M&M’s. Reindeer Mix at Christmas is also a favorite.

Shannon says:

What a great and very cute idea!! I love Halloween!!!

Misha says:

perfect for the school’s halloween party!! Thank you so much for the idea!!

Becki D. says:

I *love* the little mummy picks!!

This is so cute – kids would love it!

Cereal is so much better when it’s covered in candy!! I love treats like this.

I bet this is addicting!

cute! My kids will love these

Yum! I told myself I couldn’t buy candy corn ’til October – luckily that’s just a few short days away now!

Andrea Gunnell says:

Looks yummy! I love all your creative Halloween ideas to do with kids. So fun!

Jamie says:

My husband would not be able to keep his hands off this mix. Candy corn and Autumn Mix is his favorite. Don’t you just love that white chocolate candy coating? I do!

Nikki says:

This looks fun and easy. I love the mummy picks!

I think that would be gone in one day. Looks delicious. I am a sucker for the salty sweet combo. :)

Heather says:

So cute! I love the cupcake liners and mummy picks! And this would be eaten up very quickly in my house. Thanks Jenny for another great recipe!

Mmm! So festive – looks delicious!

Kylie says:

adorable presentation! so cute & looks so yummy!!

This is so awesome! I cannot wait to make this for Halloween. Everyone will go crazy, but I will tell them it was your idea. :)

Michelle says:

What an adorble snack and I know the kids would just love it!

holly says:

I saw these at Target too! This looks nummy, mummy, nummy;)

Kelli says:

You have some of the cutest ideas! I loved this one. I usually make a mix sort of like this at Christmas but with M&Ms. However, the pumpkins and candy corn just appeal to me like nothing else right now. Really great idea! Will have to try soon!

Tracy says:

So cute and spooky!

Love this idea! I make a Candy Corn Bark every year, but I think this would be an even bigger hit with the kiddos….I’ll have to file it away for the Little Monster Bash this year ;)

your creativity never ceases to amaze me! I love anything with candy corn…yum!

Mandy says:

great recipe and an even better cause! Hoping you get lots of comments/dontations!!

Emily says:

this looks wonderful! hope you get lots of comments for many many donations!

Camille says:

So cute! I love the liners and picks! They make eating the treat even more fun!

Robin says:

All I can say is MMMMMMM….looks so good! This is one of my favorite cereals!

jackie says:

I look forward to Halloween not because of the candy … ok it’s because of the candy! Anything with CANDY CORN must be good, thanks for sharing and good luck!

Gail B says:

So this is the stuff you give to other kids and then send them home right? LOL Looks fun!

[...] Mummy Munch. This would be a fun treat to bring to work! [...]

Jess :) says:

Babysitting on Friday and can’t wait to put this recipe together!!

These are just adorable and would be perfect for a Halloween Party!!
    As a veteran of “texting teens” it all comes down to knowing your kids and who they “hang” with (and confiscating phones periodically to check!!) Happy to say so far so good!!!

Your mummy munch is way too cute! Those little guys are were a great find. My kids would love these treats! xo

I just stumbled across your blog and I’m irrationally in love. Actually, I think it’s completely rational. Plus, I wait all year for candy corns =)

Jessica B. says:

Oh love it! Valentine’s Day sometimes has Heart shaped candy corn…could be cute for school parties etc.

Tiffany says:

This is a great recipe! I am not a huge sweet eater, but this time of year, it’s good to make an exception!

Janelle says:

These are so cute!!! Love the Mummy’s!!!

You are so creative! This is such a fun recipe that I know kids will love to devour as Halloween approaches!

Love the NAME of these, too! How fun!