Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Oct
2010

Oreo Truffle Surprise Cookies

Tags: , , , ,

Cookies

These Oreo truffle hidden cookies were such a hit last week.  What a treat to bite into a soft cookies and cream center.  Wait until you get your hands on these.  Buttery edged chocolate chip cookies just got  a whole lot better :)

Last week I was in NYC taping 2 episodes of a new cooking show called “From The Test Kitchens of….” for the Cooking Channel with Pillsbury.  The show was filmed inside of Food Network Studios and the set was in an adorable little kitchen.  I was there with a host (who is adorable) and we demonstrated about 8 different Pillsbury recipes for the 2 shows.  What a cool experience to see how much work goes into filming a half hour show and how many people!  It really was incredible to see.  The new show airs on the Cooking Channel later this year, probably sometime in November, I’ll keep you posted :)

For now, enjoy my latest fabulous cookie!  Oh and give me a vote for the BH&G Cook-Off would you?  You can vote once a day!  Thanks a million :)

You know the drill…cream your butter and sugars then add you eggs :)

Dry ingredients next…

Salt and baking soda!

Add your favorite chocolate chips.

Cookie dough!  Grab a little taste….my favorite part :)

Next, whip up your Oreo Truffle centers.  2 yummy ingredients :)

Place Oreos in food processor to get the crumbs.

Now add your cream cheese and mix until dough forms.  Don’t mind the pretzels in the background :)

Form dough into little balls!

Scoop a nice big scoop of cookie dough to get ready for the filling.

Now stuff those Oreo Truffles in center of cookie dough, mmmm!

I pressed a hole into center of dough, placed Oreo truffle in center, then covered truffle with dough.  Nice and easy.

Get a load of these!

Oreo Truffle Surprise Cookies

2 sticks softened butter

3/4 Cup granulated sugar

3/4 Cup packed brown sugar

2 large eggs

1 Tablespoon pure vanilla

3 1/2 Cups all purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 Cups chocolate chips

21 Oreos

3 oz softened cream cheese

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a stand or electric mixer beat butter and sugars until well combined.  Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined.

2.  Place flour, salt and baking soda into a large bowl; mix.  Add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips.  Mix until just combined.

3.  Place Oreos into a food processor or blender, mix until finely ground.  Place into a bowl and mix with cream cheese until dough forms.  Take 1 Tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball.  Continue until all dough has been rolled, you should get 36 balls, enough for all of the cookie dough.

4.  With a large cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.  Press a little hole into center of dough and put Oreo Truffle inside, cover cookie dough around Oreo Truffle so it’s hidden in the middle.  Bake for 13-15 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to turn golden brown.  Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.  Now…..eat up :)

36 large cookies

_____________________________________

Have a great new week!  See you soon :)

Click HERE to vote :)

Comments

oh my word – these look amazing! Surprise indeed! :)

I would not be able to stop eating these!

i absolutely need to make these cookies!!! so exciting about the food network show

DomestiChick says:

Love these! They look so good!

Also, I have those measuring spoons and LOVE them.

So delish – and so clever!

OMG…genius! Absolute genius!

You did it again! LOVE these cookies!

Holy Oreo heavenly cookie masterpieces. Dang girl, these do rock the cookie world. Love those Oreo surprises tucked inside.

Traci says:

These look so good! Excited to try them!

I seriously would not be able to stop eating these, they sounds AWESOME!

I have a daughter who would love me again if I made these cookies for her (just joking but shooting for independence mid twenties can make Mom feel that way!).

I LOVE those measuring spoons; mine are supremely practical but your are also supremely beautiful.

SMITH BITES says:

wowzuh! i bet these are rich, but oh so good with a nice cup of coffee!

Heather says:

Oh Jenny, you’ve done it again! Wow! I have to say I’m glad they are at your house and not mine. I would probably eat them all.
    So exciting about your trip to NY, can’t wait to see the show! I know you were amazing! Keep us posted on the debut. :)

Oh my! I’ve been making Oreo Truffles for years and they are always a huge hit….this will be a fun spin on a familiar treat for my friends and family! Great idea ;)

Pat says:

These look over-the-top good! Yum!

katie says:

you spelled surprise wrong in your big huge graphic! *twitches*

What is better than biting into a delicious cookie, only to find another cookie/truffle hiding inside?

Nothing, that’s what.

You are so dang creative!!

These are so awesome!!! You come up w/ all the great ideas :)

all i can say is my husband will DIE…he’s going to love these!

Love surprise cookies – yum!

Oh my…..those look amazingly delicious!

Jihane says:

I LOVE this! LOVE! :)

Pam Shank says:

these cookies look awesome. I have been voting daily..we gotta get you up there to #1!!

Allison says:

Woweeee can’t wait to try these!

Camille says:

I love surprises!! These look amazing!

Wenderly says:

Looks fantastic! And I *adore* those measuring cups by the way!!!!

Katie says:

These look absolutely amazing! I hope you don’t mind…I had to share them on my blog too!

Jamie says:

Oh my goodness. This looks insanely good. You need to publish your own crazy cookie creations cookbook. Or get a cooking show : ) Were you snacking on pretzels while making these?

Amanda :) says:

These look soooo yummy, Jenny! Love the cupcake teaspoon shot! :D :D I cannot *wait* to see you on Cooking Channel!!! :)

leslie says:

Ohhh Jenny! These are right up my alley!

Jennifer says:

I’ve been looking for a new inspired cookie recipe to try and I think I just found it! Two cookie favorites collide!

Marie says:

STOP IT!! Those look awesome.

Becca says:

Oh my GOODNESS… I must make these…IMMEDIATELY! Yumalicious!!
    Now I must go cast my daily vote for you at BHG :-)

Michelle says:

Ahhhhh…love the surprise chocolate center!!! Great idea!

completely amazing idea! gotta try this one for sure!!

Tracy says:

These are so fun – I’m all over these!

JoeyfromSC says:

WOW those look amazing! lol-Love your pics too! Found you through someone’s tweet on twitter lol

I’ll be back to check out your awesome blog soon!

These look so stinking delicious, I wish I had one right now… Cannot wait to see you on the Cooking Channel, I know you were great! :-)

Sharlene says:

These remind me of the pillow cookies I saw on Joy the Baker once! I’m loving the idea of a stuffed cookie and Oreos are often in my pantry because they’re a serious guilty pleasure of mine. Love this!

Oh yes, I’m making these soon!

holly says:

These look fab!! I made the brownie ones from Bakerella awhile ago they were delish!! Now I’ll HAVE to try these too;)

I can’t wait to see the shows, Jenny. I’ll bet you did a fabulous job. What a treat these cookies would be – I would need a big glass of milk for dunking.

Are you serious? You just took the Oreo Truffle up another notch! How fun!

Yafit says:

You are amazing as always !!!!!!!!!
    Great Recipe !!!!!!!!!!!
    Great idea !!!!
    and they are so so so so sweet :-))))
    Kisses !!!
    Yafit

Nutmeg Nanny says:

Wow these look amazing! I love the little oreo surprise :)

i love this! they look amaizing:) thank you for sharing this.

Robyn says:

What a great idea. I know my son will LOVE these.

Jenna says:

They look sooo beautiful! I went try and get all the ingredients last night, but the oreos were too pricey! Ima try another store today!

Eliana says:

These are so clever and cute! I love them.

Abbie says:

I just finished making these and they are awesome. There is an error in the instructions however…you make the Oreo balls with a teaspoon, NOT a Tablespoon. Thought everyone should know the correction (although you figure it out since there wouldn’t be enough for 36 cookies).