Oct
2010

Shortbread Candy Corn Kissed Brownies

Tags: ,

Desserts

Oh my, this brownie may go down in history as one of the best most sinful treats ever!  This shortbread layer at the bottom makes for a buttery delicious addition that is just too good to pass up.  AND how cute are the kisses hidden inside.

Ok, just stop and go make a batch, you are going to love these this weekend!  Hurry and grab a bag of Candy Corn Kisses before they are all gone!  If you absolutely cannot get your hands on them, any of your favorite kiss flavor will do :)

Happy baking!

Break out your handy brownie mix :)

You know the drill, eggs, oil and H2O :)

Whip up your shortbread layer, just a few basic ingredients, then press in bottom of baking dish.

YES!  Come to mama :)

Looking beautiful today.

xoxox

Layer these babies over your shortbread layer then…..

Pour on your brownie batter!

Nice!  Now bake for about an hour :)  Wait patiently.

Just before serving melt your remaining kisses, they make a lovely chocolate topping for your brownies!

Now time to eat!  Enjoy :)

Shortbread Candy Corn Kissed Brownies

1 family size brownie mix (9×13 inch size)

2 sticks softened butter

1/2 Cup granulated sugar

2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar

1 3/4 Cup flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 bag Candy Corn Kisses, or any flavor you like, unwrapped

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Prepare brownie mix according to package directions, set batter aside.  In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars until creamy and light.  Slowly add flour and salt until combined.  Press shortbread dough into a 11×7 inch baking dish lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray.  Top shortbread dough with 50 kisses then pour brownie batter evenly over top of kisses.  Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes clean from center.  Let cool completely before cutting into squares.

2.  Place remaining kisses in double broiler to melt.  Spread melted chocolate over brownies, sprinkle if desired and serve.

12 brownies

___________________________________

Come over to Smithfield.com and see my Graveyard Brownies along with some full Halloween talk!  Leave a comment and say hi!  Thanks!

Have a great rest of your week and weekend!  See you soon :)

Comments

sibylle says:

They look yummy! very moist!

OH how cute are these?! They are just adorable. I love those kisses!

these are so cute! i’ve never seen the candy corn kisses

Those are just too beautiful! What a presentation. I’ll save this recipe and hopefully I can make them this season.. I better go get the kisses now though, they won’t be on the shelves for very long!

Adorable! Completely adorable! Where can we get our hands on these kisses!? They’re so cute!

Lora says:

These are adorable! Love.

These look so adorable. I love the orange!

The Mrs. says:

That is so cute! Great idea!

Melissa says:

These look great and SO cute with those kisses peeking through! I have to ask, though…do the candy corn kisses taste like candy corn or are they just colored white chocolate?

Melissa,
      I have to say, they don’t exactly taste like a traditional candy corn, but they are sooo good. They don’t taste like just white chocolate either, lol! You’ll have to try them and let me know what you think :)

Dawn says:

Adorable…love them!

I have never seen those kisses- they are gorgeous! Jenny this idea is brilliant. Love how you placed them on the bottom of the pan & they held their shape in these treats. Perfect! xo

Samantha says:

Those look so good!!! I would love to make those but do the kisses taste like candy corn or chocolate?

Hi Samantha,
      Tastes mostly like white chocolate with a little candy corn kick :) The nice thing is, you can use any flavor kiss you like! I already want to try the chocolate mint ones next!

You are a baking genius!

bunkycooks says:

These are so fun! I wish I had little ones that could eat up all of these Halloween treats. I sure don’t need them, but they are fun to look at!

Denise Lane says:

These look beautiful and yummy! I am going to have to go out and find these kisses….was thinking the white chocolate/peppermint ones would be good for the Christmas season with a white/peppermint frosting!

Lauren B. says:

I haven’t seen Candy Corn Kisses around, but I’ll have to get some! Those are so cute!

Kara says:

This is such a fun idea! I hope I can find some of those cute kisses.

Heather says:

These are great Jenny! Love that you can see the candy corn when you cut into them. What a great treat for Halloween too.

Dorothy says:

OMG these look AWESOME!!!! So want to try them…any maybe substitute the peppermint Hershey’s kisses at Christmas!!

Camille says:

I’ve been waiting for your recipe using these kisses! I bought a couple bags a few weeks ago. I can’t wait to whip these up!
    I made your pumpkin butterscotch brownies and they were a huge hit! Have a great day, Jenny and thanks for another awesome recipe! :)

Oh how cute! Those would be a great addition to a fall party!

Pat says:

Theses are just too adorable. I’m off to my local grocery store to see if they have these Hershey candies!

these colors together are PERFECTION!

Amanda :) says:

Jenny, you have totally outdone yourself!! :) Shortbread, brownies, plus a candy corn kisses chocolate topping?? *applause*

Kristen says:

Oh, I have to find those kisses – I haven’t seen them before, this recipe looks fantastic

Sues says:

These are amazing!!! So, so cute. I cannot even believe I didn’t know Hershey Kisses came in that variety. Must find immediately! And then crash a Halloween party so I can make these :)

michelle says:

WHAT?! I didnt know candy corn kisses existed!? I was just at Walmart too! I WILL be making these; can’t wait!

Lindsey S says:

i dont like candy corn but i believe these would be delish with the pumpkin spice kisses you introduced me to last season! :) yum

Oh my goodness, those look absolutely amazing. So I’m guessing the candy corn kisses just taste like white chocolate?

Becca says:

OMG… Those are the most adorable brownies I’ve ever seen! I looked at 2 Targets, 1 CVS, and 3 Walgreens and couldn’t find those adorable kisses ANYWHERE, though :-( I’m thinking that candy corn will work on the INSIDE, but I have no idea how to make orange frosting… ideas?

Stacey says:

I am pretty certain I do not have a 11 x 7 inch baking dish. Can I just use a 9 x 13 inch one? And if so, how would I change the baking time? I really don’t want to go buy another pan and I don’t have room for one anyway. :)

Hi Stacey,
      I think the 9×13 inch would be just fine. Your shortbread layer will be pretty thin and I would start checking it after 40 minutes of baking time. Keep your eye on it, it won’t take an hour like the smaller dish. Let me know how it turns out :)

• Stacey says:

I made a 1 1/2 batch of the shortbread part of the recipe so it wouldn’t be so thin. They are in the oven right now and I’m not sure if the brownie mixture is going to completely cover the kisses but I really don’t care. :) I think they’ll be cute anyway and it won’t matter what they look like when they taste so dang good.

Shannon says:

*GASP*!! How cute! I love it! I love the colors of candy corn, so festive!!!

Kati says:

hmmm, I wonder what the pumpkin kisses would taste like?! I might have to make two batches!

Liz @ Blog is the New Black says:

Gorgeous!

Sweets2share says:

Look so goooood :) we dont have candy corn kisses here, but the idea I will try with simular candy :)

Kayce says:

We ran to our local grocery store and there on the shelves were these tasty little guys! I threw the recipe together and it smells SO good! We are patiently waiting until after dinner to dive in! Thanks for such a cute idea!!

We also decided they sort of taste like cotton candy flavored ice cream with white chocolate.. random? yes.

Kelly M says:

Love all the recipes you are posting. But, getting annoyed I am excited to try them and cannot find the kisses you are using. Cant find these or the pumpkin spice. Everywhere I called said they were sold out or never carried them :( Tried 3 Target’s and Farm Fresh (a local grocery store). Any other ideas?

Ginny says:

Made them. Ate them. Love them! Thanks for sharing this recipe. I never would’ve considered the combination.

Sarah says:

The Target by my work is sold out of all seasonal Kisses so then I have to hunt them down when I get home. I got 2 bags of pumpkin spice and 2 bags of candy corn Kisses! Hopefully that will last me! :)

These are adorable, so festive for Halloween! Love the orange and yellow peaking through from the hidden Kisses.

So cute. I never think to go to Target. You always do!! I’ll be better about that at Christmas-time when those yummy Candy Cane kisses come out!

Jamie says:

How cool are those candy corn kisses. It’s like a hidden treasure in the brownies. They look crazy good.

Sonya says:

HOLY WOW!!!!!!!!! these look amazing. I had no idea there was even such a thing as candy corn kisses. I MUST FIND THEM AND MAKE THESE BROWNIES!!!

Megan says:

These are amazing! So creative!

Deborah says:

I am obsessed with all things candy corn right now, and these are too cute!!

Barb in FL says:

Oh my gosh! What an awesome dessert! I’m going to have to make this and bring it to a dinner party!!! Thank you for sharing *clap, clap, clap* :D

Tiffany says:

Jenny my dear, you are amazing! LOVE IT!

Those look incredible!!!! What a creative idea! So festive!

get out, this is a-mazing! I didn’t even know they made candy corn kisses – must.find.now. happy halloween!

These are adorable! The brownie layer looks like fudge. I’ve been too busy to bake lately, but I’m heading to the store for these ingredients now. All my teacher friends will be so happy on Monday! :)