This baking season, surprise your family and friends with my simple and delicious Salted Nutella Shortbread Bars!
I am a bit obsessed with shortbread. It is so buttery delicious that it’s hard to resist. If you haven’t tried making shortbread before, you are in for a treat. Minimal ingredients with maximum flavor. There are no eggs or baking soda, just flour, sugar, salt and butter. Lots of butter, lol! Teaming up with Gold Medal Flour today to bring you my decadent bars that are worth every calorie 🙂
Break out your ingredients and don’t miss this great bar recipe!
Here are your line up of ingredients. Simple and fabulous!
Start with your butter and sugar. Beat until combined.
Add your lovely Gold Medal All Purpose Flour plus a pinch of salt!
Beat in the mixer until combined, like so.
Transfer your dough to an 8×8 inch baking dish lined with parchment (preferred). I ran out so used my foil which works fine too. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until baked through. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Spread a thin layer of Nutella over your cooled bars and sprinkle with a touch of salt. The sweet and salty combo makes your tastebuds do a little dance. Enjoy!
Salted Nutella Shortbread Bars
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 35 min | Total time: 1 hour
- 2 sticks butter, unsalted and softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper or foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place softened butter, sugar and brown sugar into a stand mixer, beating until creamy. Add flour and salt beating until dough forms. Transfer dough to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until baked through. Let cool for 20 minutes then remove bars from pan. Spread with Nutella and sprinkle with salt if desired. Cut into squares and serve.
Makes 16 bars
This is a sponsored post for Gold Medal Flour but thoughts and opinions are my own.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.