These Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Shortbread Magic Bars are sinfully delicious. They’re such a gooey, tasty and comforting dessert for any day of the year!
The Best Shortbread Recipe
I had this bright idea last week to make a gooey shortbread recipe. One thing lead to another in my science lab I mean kitchen and I ended up with these fabulous marshmallow topped sweetened condensed milk smothered shortbread magic bars. They are literally one of my favorite treats yet. I know I say that all of the time, but these really are to die for. Try these for yourself and let me know what you think of my magic bars!!
How To Make Shortbread
Shortbread could not be more simple. I am talking butter, sugar, flour and a pinch of salt. Love!!
Mini chocolate chips for good measure 🙂
This dough is buttery heaven let me just tell you.
What Is Shortbread?
Shortbread is a type of crumbly, sweet cookie which is commonly produced in Scotland, a nation with which the dessert treat has become associated. Traditionally, shortbread is made with three ingredients: butter, sugar, and flour. These cookies are made all over the world, and often appear as a winter holiday treat in the United States. Dense, sweet, and highly rich, shortbread is adored by many consumers and bakers for its excellent and crisp flavor and ease of manufacture. It has been made since the 1700s, when butter as a cooking fat began to enter common use, especially in dairy-heavy areas like Scotland.
Press dough into an 11×7 inch baking dish.
Marshmallow Magic Bar Recipe
Oh for the love of sweetened condensed milk. does it get better than that?! I think not 🙂
Another layer of mini chocolate chips please!
Top with halved large marshmallows or a layer of mini marshmallows would work just fine too.
Enjoy! One of our favorite desserts!
Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Shortbread Magic Bars
- 2 sticks softened butter unsalted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips divided
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 10 large marshmallows halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 11×7 inch baking dish with parchment paper or foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place softened butter and sugar into a stand mixer, beating until creamy. Add flour, salt and 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips beating until dough forms. Transfer dough to prepared baking dish and press evenly. Bake for 30 minutes then remove from oven. Drizzle evenly with sweetened condensed milk then remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Top with halved marshmallow then bake for an additional 10 minutes. Remove and let cool completely, for a good 2 hours before cutting into squares.