Nov
2010

Gingersnap S’mores…For Dippin’

Tags: , ,

Desserts

Don’t gingersnaps just get you in the holiday mode?!  They are spicy and fabulous, so I decided to make them even more fabulous by turning them into s’mores you can dip in your hot chocolate or other hot drink of choice!

This  is a quick and simple recipe that is adorable too, they look so pretty sitting on any festive plate.  If you can find some gingersnaps that aren’t so crunchy, you don’t even need to dip these, just gobble them up as is.  They were terrific in hot chocolate though!!  Enjoy!

Here’s your line up…4 whole ingredients :)

Mmmm!

Place your marshmallows on top of your cookies and time to broil :)

Now time to get your chocolate melted.  Here’s my make shift double broiler set up.  Heat proof bowl set over a saucepan with a little water at the bottom.

Ready to melt!

Getting puffed….

Perfect!

Press another cookie on the puffed marshmallow.  Push hard enough so that the cookie sticks to the marshmallow.

Chocolate dip…

Love this!

Add a little sprinkle and….done!  Now, get that hot chocolate!

Gingersnap S’mores….For Dippin’

20 gingersnap cookies

10 large marshmallows

1 1/2 Cups chopped chocolate or chocolate chips

White non pareil sprinkles

1.  Preheat oven’s broiler.  Place 10 gingersnap cookies onto a parchment or foil lined baking sheet.  Top each cookie with a marshmallow.  Place under broiler and watch very carefully until marshmallows start to puff up and brown slightly.  Remove and top with remaining 10 cookies pressing down to seal.

2.  Place chocolate into a double broiler (heat proof bowl over saucepan filled with water) over medium heat.  Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.  Take cookies and dip half in chocolate.  Place back onto foil or parchment and sprinkle with white sprinkles.  Let chocolate harden then ready to dip!

10 cookies

___________________________________

Have a great new week!  See you soon!

Comments

yum! these look great but simple and tasty!

Smores is my all time favorite flavor combo, so I am all over this! So creative.

I agree – gingersnaps are definitely a holiday food! :)

I don’d have enough words of praise for you over these….brilliant for sure!!! WOW I’m making these!!!

These are so adorable!

Yummy!! This is such a fabulous idea…ginger snaps and marshmallows!? Genius!

Love these! Great photos too!

Liz says:

Another simple yet extremely creative one. S’mores are a favorite of mine, love a holiday twist on them!

Those are SO cute! I’m hosting Thanksgiving/Christmas festivities for my husband’s family this year, and these are definitely going on my list for the kiddos!

Susan says:

Wow! These look so good! Way better than graham crackers – I could get really fat from this post!

Lauren B. says:

Such a smart idea! So cute dipped in chocolate!

i knew i shouldn’t have looked at this when i saw it in my reader…now i’m going to have to make them ASAP!

Jamie says:

What a great combination. I love gingersnaps and melted marshmallows…yum! And who doesn’t like anything dipped in chocolate.

Eliana says:

what a fun twist on smores! love how easy they are to prepare too.

Tracy says:

What a cute and quick snack!

Love these Jenny! So fun, seasonal and perfect for hot chocolate!

Jen – you put me in the mood for the holidays and to feature these on babble family kitchen – and a usual, gorgeous photos

I am totally going to make these as a snack for everyone to dip in their hot chocolate before heading out to the Santa Claus parade this year! Thank goodness it is novemeber, starbucks holiday cups are out, and everyone can start thinking Christmas!!!

Kerstin says:

What a great idea and super yummy treat! I love the chocolate covered graham crackers they sell at Starbucks during the holiday season and this just takes that idea to a whole new level.

Also, congrats on your upcoming cookbook – SO exciting!!

Mads says:

At first I was like “no way am I going to make homemade gingersnaps and then mallow it up with a chocolate dipping sauce…TOO HARD”. But then I realized it’s like a Sandra Lee Semi-homemade thing (minus her annoying personality).
    Bravo! These look delightful.

CookiePie says:

Adorable!!! Love these!!

Punken says:

easy yet yummy looking treat! I am gonna fave to try that!

UrMomCooks says:

Who wouldn’t luv to eat these? The “holiday” take on smores is adorable! I am going to give these a try!

Sharlene says:

So simple but surely a treat. I imagine this is a wonderful crowd pleaser!

What a great treat, Jenny! I love the picture of the marshmallow-topped cookies in the oven, all lined up like soldiers.

Katrina says:

Holy cow, Jenny. I’m trying to get caught up on your blog, but you’re killing me here. I really love ginger and chocolate together, I’m sure these are fantastic.

MegSmith says:

These sound like the most wonderful dessert ever created. Seriously delicious! I think I will be enjoying a few of these this holiday season :-) (probably a few more than I should but who cares!)

Wow…these look amazing!

[...] Gingersnap S’mores We love the simple but pretty presentation of these spiced s’mores from Picky Palate. Come wintertime, the kids will love dipping theirs in hot chocolate. [...]