Dec
2010

Brownie Covered Oreos

Tags:

Cookies

Can it really be December 6th?  I LOVE this time of year, but wish it would SLOW down just a little!  Mama’s got lots of shopping to do still :)

To help the you in the kitchen this Holiday Season I have whipped up an ULTRA simple cookie that is not only the cutest little thing I’ve seen but is absolutely delicious!  I mean come on, can’t you just imagine how good oreos wrapped in fudgy brownies are?  Well lucky for you this recipe only involves a couple ingredients and is done in record time!

These will be so cute on any Christmas plate or cookie exchange, have fun and enjoy!!

Can you even stand how cute these are?  I can’t :)

Here’s your line up.  Don’t worry if you can’t find the Holiday Oreos, any ol’ Oreo will do :) ….and if you can’t find the icing writer by Wilton, feel free to melt white chocolate to drizzle on top.

Whip up your brownie mix….

Time to dip!  Yes, your hands will get messy….the more for you to lick :)

Place your dipped Oreos in muffin tins that have been sprayed with cooking spray.  Here is the exact muffin pan I used.

Drizzle with icing, sprinkle and you get these little cuties!  Wait until you take a bite, the Oreo gets kind of cake like…mmmm!

Brownie Covered Oreos

• 1 Brownie mix (or use your own brownie recipe)
  • 1 package Oreos, I used the Holiday ones
  • White chocolate, melted for drizzle, or Wilton White frosting pen works great
  • White nonpariels Sprinkles

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Prepare brownie batter according to package directions.  Leave in mixing bowl.  Dip Oreos in brownie batter then place in bottom of cupcake tins that have been generously sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake for 12-15 minutes, until brownies are cooked through (doesn’t take long).  As soon as you remove, take a plastic knife and run along edges, (this is VERY important so you get the cookie out with brownies not stuck to pan :)
  2. Let cool for 5 minutes, remove drizzle with melted white chocolate or the Wilton White icing pen, sprinkle with nonpariels and EAT!  Enjoy :)

Makes entire package of Oreos

1. **Some are having a hard time getting theirs to look just like mine, so here is the exact muffin pan I used.  Apparently all muffin pans are shaped different!!

____________________________

Happy Baking!  Come back soon :)

Comments

Esther says:

Oh these we will make on Tuesday with granddaughter. What temperature do you bake them at?? I am assuming maybe 350* ?? please let me know, thanks for sharing !!!!

These are genius!! And so cute too!

I’m making these for a holiday party this weekend :) Thanks for the recipe!

these are such a good idea, i wish i had time to make them before work this morning!!

OH my goodness!! Definitely making these for Christmas. Love the idea.

Lady you’re a genius! These look ridiculously amazing and delicious…!

Raejean says:

This sounds like the perfect bribe / refreshment for my meeting with my Scout leaders! Thanks for sharing!

Danielle says:

I need to make these!

Michelle says:

Oh my gosh, you are brilliant! These are awesome and they are definitely making an appearance in my kitchen asap!!

Oh My! :D You are a genius! :D I LOVE oreo’s (and brownies!)…now these will HAVE to go on my cookie trays this year! ;D Thank you so much! :D

Merry Christmas!
    ~Miss Rachel~

Ahh! These are so perfect! I love brownie Oreos and these seem to be the perfect combo. I may even drizzle melted mint chocolate chips when I make these. so excited.

SO CUTE! Love these for as kids holiday party!

Karly says:

I LOVE those! Such a cute idea!

Jenny, such a wonderful & festive idea for the holidays!! Love those RED Oreos & the way you think outside the box. XO

Cheryl Newton says:

Oooh. These look yummy. I think I’m going to try them with golden Oreos. Gonna look way less Christmasy, but as much as I love chocolate, I don’t like chocolate cookies. Brownies I got no fight with, thank goodness!

Nick says:

Those look ridiculous. Are the oreos still crunchy and delicious? Or do they get mushy like fried oreos (which frankly, I can’t stand)?

What a fantastic treat for the holidays!

What an amazing idea! I will have to try these! (Amongst the other hundreds of things I still want to make)

i didn’t even have a fighting chance…these are being made immediately. IMMEDIATELY i tell you! :)

Sonya says:

these look delicious!

Ashley S. says:

These look so good. I can’t wait to make them. I think I might try them with the peppermint oreos. Thank you for sharing this recipe!!

cherie Z says:

Oh these look delish!!! is it OK to post this on my recipe blog and link it back to you???

Stacey says:

~~~As soon as you remove, take a plastic knife and run along edges, (this is VERY important so you get the cookie out with brownies not stuck to pan

Ok so we should take them out of the pan right away or just loosen up the sides?? I am a horrible baker haha I can cook any dinner but baking is not my specialty but I would like to make these for my xmas party next week :))

Hi Stacey,
      You loosen then about 3 minutes later, do it again and they’ll pop right out :) Have fun!

• JennyBH says:

I saw this recipe this morning & had them in the oven before my husband got home from work around 4!! (He’s since eaten THREE…LOL.)

I ran a knife around the edges & still had a tough time getting them out, so I just put my cooling rack on top of my pan upside down & flipped it until they all fell out.

DELICIOUS!!
        p.s. Mine look like miniature cakes (I used a regular sized muffin pan) should I have used a mini-muffin pan?

• Kimm Geria says:

Mine came out like cakes too. Mine don’t look anything like the picture. Same question, I used a reg size as well.

• Stacey says:

I used regular pans too, they were delicious!! Mine did look more like mini cakes not perfectly round like the pic but wow are they good!

• kara says:

My first batch looked like mini cakes too, I discovered it’s because I covered them with too much batter. I don’t think they would fit into a mini muffin pan. Pillsbury makes a spray with flour in it (blue can), nothing sticks to that.

Courtney says:

I had a super hard time with getting them out of the pan too. I sprayed the pan really good, I loosened and then tried to remove, but still ended up with sticking. Out of the whole package of oreos, only 11 came out decent enough to serve at a party. The crumbs of the rest of them were good though…

boom says:

I am speechless!! INCREDIBLE!

I don’t think I’ve ever met someone who can so many things with Oreos! What a fun holiday treat.

Wenderly says:

You clever, clever girl! I *adore* these! They are simply *perfect*!! Can’t wait to dazzle all the gals with these little gems!

Brooke says:

Okay, dumb question, and I’m sure I could figure it out if I just looked at an oreo and then looked at the pan, but is it a regular-sized muffin pan or a mini-muffin pan?

Leslie says:

I asked the Same Thing!!! hahahaha I am at work and I am so making these tonight so I was just making sure I didn’t need to pick one up as well… I could just seem me in the middle of the store measuring an oreo in a pan!

Leslie says:

Do you use a regular size cupcake pan or the mini-muffin pan? I have one but I am worried the size is too big for them to turn out right… Please advise!

Jane says:

Oh man! That looks like chocolate heaven! :)

Sanjeeta kk says:

Wow! Never thought that the Oreo can be transformed into such exotic and gorgeous looking recipe. Nice to be here, best wishes.

Sara says:

Wow, I love this idea! So, simple and yet, I’m sure, so delicious. These will be making an appearance on my cookie tray this year.

Susan says:

I could cuss out loud these are so genius, Jenny! Having a party tonight – these may make it into the lineup!!

Such a fun idea, and so easy. Hope your holidays are wonderful, too!

Karen C. says:

I was curious, where did you find that adorable cake plate? Thank you! And, these look delicious. They are on my christmas cookie list to bake. :)

Paula says:

I love your cookie recipes and have used many of them. I think this will top the list. What a great combination. I love your site and visit it every day. You are the best!

Cindy says:

Where would one find that cute cake plate?

I could see making these for my kids when they were young or for friends with kids but I would not normally use a purchased cookie for a holiday treat. Til now! My daughter is an Oreo FANatic; it has always been her favorite cookie so making a batch today to surprise her and co-workers with. Thanks…such fun!

Paula says:

I, too, am curious about your darling plate!

Wini says:

I think you are an absolute Genius!! I love Oreos and am always looking for more ways to use them!! Thank you so much for this yummy recipe! Guess what I will be making tomorrow afternoon?

jules p says:

I have to say that when I saw this recipe I knew I HAD to make them. Girl…I literally stood, looking in my oven waiting for them to finish cooking. I let them cool a bit and devoured one. You would be proud…I saved some for my family!!:)

Amanda :) says:

I. Am. Speechless! These are absolutely, jaw-dropping incredible!! :) Jenny, you are a genius!! :)

holly says:

What a great idea!! Must make!!;)

Chantel says:

Didn’t even think it could be possible! You definitely are very creative! love the idea!! I really want to make the oreo pops too!

BRILLIANT!!!!!! I have coated Oreos before with different things but never brownies, baked!

Laura says:

These look amazing! Making them ASAP….darned work gets in the way of my fun all the time…sigh

Thanks for being a genius!

Traci says:

These would be delicious with the mint holiday Oreos!

Tracy says:

Looks like major chocolate overload – which means I’m totally there! ;-)

natalie says:

OH YUM! two of my favorite things!! can’t wait to try these out!

Sara E says:

you are sooooo dangerous! I love your ideas … and soooo loving that I now have a new fabulous treat to make for the teachers this year…
    thanks!

Angela says:

Pure Genius! I called my husband and he agreed, we HAVE to make these tonight. Thank you!