Dec
2010

Kiss Pies

Tags: ,

Desserts

Only 5 days before Christmas!  Woohoo, is everyone ready?  What a great time of year.  This really is the best…..even if I feel like I’ve gained 50 lbs the last month!

I’ve got such a fun little pie to share with you today that really couldn’t get any easier.  I am talking 2 main ingredients people :)

I decided to use the rest  of my Mint truffle Kisses, but ANY Hershey kiss will work beautifully here.  Go grab your favorite flavor and get baking!  You are really going to love these, they are adorable and you can pop em’ right in your mouth :)

Hope you enjoy!

Here you have it, some refrigerated pie crust and any Hershey Kisses :)

I used these bad boys!

Unroll your pie crust after it’s been thawed and place the first group your kisses around like so.

You’ll cut a 2 1/2- 3 inch circle for each kiss.  Does NOT have to be perfect.  A few of mine were different sizes and they were all great.

You’ll brush a light egg wash over each little pie….

….and sprinkle with sugar.  Try not to dump it on like it shows on my picture :)  Trying to do this with one hand while taking the photo=dumping of sugar, lol!

Here they are, I seriously love these!  Ready to bake!

Awhhhh, look at these little Kiss Pies :)  Little cuties.

One of my readers who lives in China sent me these adorable mini forks!  How cute are they?  Thank you Terra!

Kiss Pies

1 refrigerated pie crust, thawed
14 Hershey Kisses of choice, I used Mint Truffle today :)
1 egg white whisked with 1 Tbsp water
Powdered sugar for dusting
Granulated sugar for sprinkling before baking

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Roll out pie dough onto a lightly floured counter top.  Place 10 kisses around the edges of pie dough, about 2 1/2 inches apart (as in the photo above).  Take a knive and cut a 2 1/2-3 inch circle around kiss.  Fold half of pie dough around top of dough and pinch edge around top of kiss.  (See Photo, step 1).  Now, fold up both sides of remaining dough up to the tip of the kiss pinching edge.  (See Photo, step 2).  Now press together edges and form criss cross as shown in photo, step 3. * *Continue cutting dough around kisses until all dough is used up.  I got about 14 rounds cut when I re-rolled my scraps :)**

2.  Brush all little pies with an egg white wash then sprinkle with granulated sugar.  At 350 degrees, bake for 20-28 minutes or until little pies are golden.  Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.  Dust each with powdered sugar and serve.

about 14 little pies.

Comments

Great idea for party food, especially with kids in mind. I am experimenting with different fillings – after eight mints are good to. Look forward to new postings

what a cute idea! how could these be bad?!

These are so cute and look FUN to eat!

Your creativity amazes me! These are the cutest :)

Amanda says:

I love this! I featured it on my site today! Come grab my NEW button – it’s so pretty! :) Hope you have a blessed day!

Amanda
    todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

Julie Boyer says:

Easy as Pie!! I am saving this recipe for future use…Genius!
    Merry Christmas
    (~~)
    Julie

Kelly says:

I LOVE your cake plate! Where do I get such a treasure!?!?

such a cute idea! You come up with the most creative things :)

Cute and so easy! Love it!

you make the MOST ADORABLE things! i’m making these with my nieces and nephews this weekend!

Oh my goodness, cuteness overload! I need to finally buckle down and bake something today for my neighbors- maybe I’ll do these, they’re darling! (Also, had to laugh at the comment about talking a picture while sprinkling sugar with the other hand. Totally been there! lol)

The things we do to try and get our photos! Lol! Hope you have a great Christmas!! When are we planning our N’awleans trip? I wanna go so bad :)

very nice. that is creative and DANGEROUS! lol

These ‘lil kiss pies are precious Jenny!! Happy holidays to you and tour sweet family. Hope you guys all share tons of kisses. XO

Georgie says:

What a great idea! Perfect for the unexpected guest too!

These are soooo cute! You always amaze me with your delicious creations!! :)

Janet says:

Oh these are fab!!! I was looking for an easy treat to make this week, and this fits the bill perfectly! Girl, you are a genius, LOL!

Kare says:

To channel Ina Garten, how cute are these? :) Love them. And easy, too … gotta love the easy treats at Christmas time.

linda says:

these are just the sweetest…cannot wait to bake these!
    happy, joy filled holiday season!!

linda says:

can you please, please find out where those cute mini forks come from…perhaps they can be ordered online!

Lori Finch says:

What a perfect idea! Chocolate anything is perfect. I’ve been wanting to use those pie crusts in my fridge…thanks for another great idea! On my way to bake them now!

Rachelle says:

Darling, like little pillow kisses! You need to get yourself a round cookie cutter for this kind of job. =)

Meredith says:

LOVE THESE!!!!

Cherrie says:

This look so yummy. I know if I make some for the hubby he wont care how long I blog hop…..

Tracy says:

These are so cute! What a great idea!

These are precious. I just stumbled upon your site… but you had me at the adorable cake pedestal with the Hershey kisses on it!

Easy AND adorable?! These are fantastic =)

Jennifurla says:

Fan flipping tastic idea, doh! Why didnt I think of this. The possibilities are just endless

What a cute and easy idea with endless variations. I think I will have to try these with chocolate, Nutella and caramel fillings as well. Really clever.

Heather Bell says:

Adorable and fun too!!

Susan says:

Adorable! But woman – you NEED a biscuit cutter. Seriously? A knife to cut out all those circles?
    Beyond that, you could stand to gain 50 pounds or so. Just sayin.
    Great post!

[...] is Hershey’s … at certain times, nothing else will do which makes these adorable little Kiss Pies from Picky Palate so [...]

cherrie says:

Ok, I just had to make some of these tonight and I have to say they were great.

Stephanie says:

Seriously- you’re the greatest. I’ve been pondering what to do with my leftover holiday kisses. This is absolutely PERFECT and exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!!!

Heather says:

These are too cute Jenny! Love them!

Those are SO cute and not to mention soooooo good looking. I love the you used mint truffle kisses. I’ve been wanting to try those. What a perfect way to use kisses. YUM! :)

Michaela says:

I just made these (second batch is still in the oven. I used the chocolate meltaway kisses, and OMG they are sooo gross! I’m going to have to eat them ALL myself… can’t bring myself to subject my family to those! (Kidding of course! They are so good, I’m going to make a trip to the store for more pie crust!)

I’m pretty sure these couldn’t possibly be any cuter!!

Eve says:

Just finished our first batch! Used regular kisses and a few of the candy cane Kisses, and they came out great! I LOVE pie crust so the chocolate on the inside is a total bonus! =) Thanks, I love these quick easy recipes!!

[...] of baking…. I was making these little Kiss Pies today. I saw the recipe yesterday, and HAD to make a trip to the store to get the ingredients. [...]

Oh My Gosh. Those look so good, my mouth is watering just looking at them. I will have to try them out for our Christmas party. Mom would love the recipe as well.

HoneyB says:

LOVE these! I am definitely going to try this myself!

Katie J says:

Love this recipe — it perfectly melds my love for chocolate for my boyfriend’s love of anything in a pie crust! Definitely making this tonight.

One question — Did you dust the pies with powdered sugar or granulated? It looks like granulated but I think powdered is listed in the ingredients list.

Thanks!

Gemma says:

UGH! I had the hardest time making these =/ i am def going to try again, but I used the carmel filled kisses and it leaked out of the pie and onto the pan. i think i might try it again with either regular or filled ones that are so liquidy in the middle =) they did taste pretty good though lol

You are all about the mint-truffle kisses! Love it!! These cookies are cute, clever, and adorable and I want to try them!!!!

sanz says:

wow wow wow wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marly says:

What a fun and easy idea for holiday parties!

Kim says:

These look so yummy! I have left over kisses and leftover pie crust, so I definitely have to try these. Thanks for sharing!

Andrea says:

I made these tonight with caramel kisses and they were great. Not too sweet but just right. Thank you!