Dec
2010

Soft Chocolate Gingersnap Cookies

Tags: , , ,

Cookies

I am feeling the Holidays coming in full swing with all the festive baking I am doing!  I LOVE gingersnap cookies and do you know what I love even more?…..Chocolate Gingersnap cookies!  This cookie experiment was a huge sweet success :)

These chocolate-y divine soft almost melt in your mouth cookies go great onto your holiday plates coming up right around the corner.  Let’s bring on the cookies!  Need some more ideas….I’ve got more than a few in my recipe index for you to browse through :)

Happy baking friends!

Line up of ingredients I use.  I am LOVING the McCormick Gourmet Spices…Roasted=lots of flavor!  Yum!

Love breaking out the molasses, this means the holidays are getting here!  Love :)

Great spices, keep your eyes out for these :)

After you beat your butter, sugars get your dry ingredients ready :)

Add some beautiful cocoa powder.

Roll your dough into a bowl of sugar

Press and ready to bake!

Wait until you try these!  Yum!

Soft Chocolate Gingersnap Cookies

2 sticks softened butter

1 Cup packed light brown sugar

1/4 Cup molasses

1 egg

1 3/4 Cup all purpose flour

1/2 Cup cocoa powder

2 teaspoons baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Roasted Saigon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Roasted Ground ginger

1/2 Cup sugar to roll cookies in

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.   In stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Slowly add in molasses and egg until well combined.

2.  In a separate mixing bowl mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.  Slowly add to wet ingredients, beat on low until just combined.

3.  With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough and roll into sugar then place onto silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.  Press each cookie with the palm of your hand to about 1/2 inch thick.  Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes or until cooked through.  Remove and let cool for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.  Now, time to eat!

4-5 dozen cookies

_______________________________________

Happy Baking, see you soon!

Comments

Amanda says:

Those look delicious and so fudgy! Just tried my McCormick’s cinnamon today, love it! :) Merry Christmas!

I love those spices so much, especially the roasted cinnamon. Just had to go get a second bottle of the season already!

chocolate gingersnap sounds delicious! i also love chewy cookies

i love chocolate and ginger…and NEVER thought i’d hear myself say that!

Paula says:

I love soft ginger cookies and these chocolate ones, while new to me, certainly look delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Heather says:

These sound delicious! I love soft ginger cookies. I actually made a similar recipe this past weekend. Love chocolate and ginger together.
    Have a wonderful Christmas Jenny and Happy New Year!!

I have to make these! Getting out the butter now:)

lindsay c says:

these look amazing! love this blog!

HollyL says:

This look and sound so good!

Fallon says:

MMM ginger and chocolate combo could not get any better!!

Jean Gottfried says:

Do you do your own photography? Absolutely fabulous.

Oh how I LOVE ginger and chocolate together. Although I have yet to make choolate gingersnap cookies. They look sooooo good!

kathy says:

You make everything look and sound so glamorous. How do you get it all done? Yours is one of my top 3 blogs.

Shaura says:

Our family loves your “food” photography, however my boys pointed out to me a funny thing about where you sliced the butter for the ingredient list! :-) Where would a person find the gourmet roasted spices? Merry Christmas! THANK you for posting such delectable recipes!

I LOVE the combo of sweet spicse like gingernsap and chocolate together. They look great!! I just made gingerbread brownies.

vanillasugar says:

making these for sure! i LOVE thick, soft molasses cookies. and you added chocolate? love it girl.

Marla says:

These cookies look like a great snack. I am a fan of those roasted spices-delish! Jenny, you are an awesome inspiration! xo

These are adorable! I love both chocolate AND gingersnap cookies, so these are the perfect combo!

Valerie M. says:

I think my mother would love these so I’m gonna make them for her. I like chewy cookies and they look good to me too!

Suzy Leopold says:

Making gingersnap cookies is a Christmas favorite in our home. I look forward to trying this receipe with the roasted spices. Yum! Thank you for sharing.

ginger, cinny, molasses…and chocolate.

Are my fave 4 food groups!

Excellent work..and they are soft and chewy. That is above all else, critical :)

LimeCake says:

Those cookies look absolutely delicious! Tender and chewy! Yum! Happy holidays!

Angela says:

I made these with the spices I had on hand. My local grocery store didn’t have the roasted variety. They turned out so chewy and chocolaty and spicy…so so good! My entire family loved them. These will definitely be on the holiday cookie menu from now on!

[...] love the idea of Chocolate Gingersnap Cookies.   What a fun combo of flavors, and a fun twist on [...]

Meghan says:

Jenny, I’m having a hard time deciding between these and the “Blue Ribbon Gingersnap” recipe. I’ve never made gingersnaps, but they seem so perfect for Christmas I want to try them! Which would you suggest trying first? Only one other cookie I’m making has chocolate, a chocolate peppermint bark–shortbread topped with dark chocolate and candy cane pieces. So either gingersnap would work! Need your expert opinion :)

Duby says:

hi!
    i just wanted you to know that i made these cookies last week and froze them for our family Chanukah party tonight…. WELLL……. i was careful and didnt pig out on all my baked goodies, but at the end of the party i decided to have ONE cookie to see how they came out, if i should keep the recipe / make it again…

WELLLLLLL…. these cookies were BEYOND amazing !!!! i loved how soft and chewy they were …. and the flavor of the classic gingersnap with the chocolate – was incredible! love love love !!! i am DEFINITELY making these again…

So, i just wanted to say thanks for this recipe – its officially going into my recipe binder.

Happy Holidays!!!

Morgan says:

I made these today. Mine did not turn out fluffly like the ones above, but were flat. Despite that, they were still very tasty and soft! They have a great taste. I will make these again.

[...] Chocolate gingersnap bars – These were very interesting. Some of my West Coast co-workers loved them, but I wasn’t such a [...]

[...] Chocolate gingersnaps – You’ll have to forgive me if I can’t recall exactly what these cookies tasted [...]

[…] Chocolate Gingersnap Cookies ~ Picky Palate […]