Jan
2011

Candy Bar Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches

Tags: , , , , , ,

Cookies

Candy Bar Cookies?  Have I gone mad?  Well, no but was craving some chocolate….sorry for those of you who are so good and still dieting :)

I used the same technique I’ve been using with those giant Oreo Stuffed Cookies and am just loving it.  Ooey Gooey on the inside and perfectly buttery crisp on the outside, just how I like it!I would highly recommend that you use the exact cookie dough recipe I have written below.  It holds it’s shape perfectly for these giant cookies.  Grab some milk, endulge…..then go workout tomorrow.  Enjoy!!

I used 3 of my favorite snack size candy bars as pictured above.  Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers and Kit Kat.  I believe you could use any of your favorites here :)

First up, Reeses Peanut Butter Cup….my absolute favorite :)  Place a nice big scoop on top and…

…..a nice big scoop on the bottom :)

Use both hands to press and seal edges.  You’ll get this giant head sized cookie.

Do the same with your Snickers, one giant scoop on top, one on bottom…press and seal edges!

Same story for your Kit Kat Bar.  I shaped it a bit oval which worked great.

Ready for the oven.

Bake at 350 degrees F, 14-16 minutes!

Can you just die?!  Here’s the inside of the Snickers Cookie.

The inside of the Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Cookie, mmm!

…and the fabulous Kit Kat Bar Cookie.  Love every single one of these bad boys!

Candy Bar Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches

Candy Bar Chocolate Chip Cookie 8Ingredients

• 2 sticks softened butter
  • 1 Cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 Cup brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
  • 3 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 10 oz bag chocolate chips
  • Variety of snack size Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers and Kit Kat

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until well combined.  Add eggs and vanilla until well combined.
  2. Place flour, baking soda and salt in large bowl; mix then slowly add to wet ingredients.  Add chocolate chips to combine.  Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of snack size candy bar.  Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of candy bar.  Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until candy bar is enclosed with dough.  Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until cookies are baked to your liking.  Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.  Serve with a tall glass of milk, enjoy!

Makes about 24 LARGE Cookies

Comments

Oh geez. So much for not baking today. These look amazing.

Oh my! I started craving a glass milk just reading this post! These look delicious!

VeggieGirl says:

My GOODNESS do those look amazing.

Ok, I absolutely NEED to make these!!!!

i think i just died and went to heaven…seriously, i don’t think my life should go on without trying these!

Jenny, these look fabulous! Seriously, how come you don’t weigh 600 lbs??? Gotta try these soon. :)

Erin says:

Mmm the Reeses filled ones would probably be my favorite.

I bet the Snickers is so good! Love these cookies!

Oh my goodness, Jenny. Just look at that caramel oozing out of the cookies. What a treat!

Katie says:

Seriously these look amazing! And SO not nice to post in the middle of January when people (ahem, me) are trying to shake the weight!

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Lauren Brennan and Lisa McCoy, Liz Latham. Liz Latham said: Oh MY! RT @PickyPalate: {New Post} Here's a way to perk up any Monday…Candy Bar Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches! http://su.pr/6ShdhX [...]

mrsblocko says:

These are a great way to use up Halloween candy. You can also freeze the formed dough balls and cook them as needed. YUM!

Michelle says:

Ohhh my goodness, these are on my to make list today!!!!!! I thought the chocolate chip oreo cookie was so awesome, I made these twice now since you posted them, now I am trying these!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Michelle Torres
    decorater4life@aol.com

Tracy says:

What a decadent treat – and a great way to use up leftover candy!

Oh gosh, I love these more than the oreo cookies! Did you know it’s national candy month?!

Rich, rich, rich! These would be perfect for the Valentine’s parties at the school. The kids will go crazy for them!

Janie says:

OMG!! You’re killing me! Now I have to go get some candy bars!! These look awesome!

Lisa says:

These look so good…my kids would love them!

Leanna says:

These look amazing, you are brilliant! I cannot wait to try these out!

Maggie says:

Wow…you never cease to amaze me with the treats you dream up! I want the Reese’s one right now.

I never think you have gone mad – I love your creativity & passion for baking. These stuffed cookies look amazing girl! xo

Rachel says:

These look sinful!

I’ve recently started a blog similar to “Love and Olive Oil” Please come and take a look, and give some feedback.

Thanks!!!

Christina says:

A Reeses filled cookie?! Yes please.

Fallon says:

WOW this look fabulous!!! So gooey and soft. Great cookie. Can’t wait for my boyfriend to try these out. I know he will like these with a big glass of milk.

Sharlene says:

This is sinful! Everyone loved the cookies stuffed with oreos so I’ll have to try this one out too!

I’m ready to go off the diet for the Reese’s cookies. Yum!

niki says:

I have been doing this with peanut butter dough for years. It’s always a hit!!!!

Lauren says:

oh.my.crackers. I think I gained 6 lbs. just reading the recipe. these are the most amazing things I have ever seen.

Monica says:

WOWSERS! I. must. make. these. cookies. I don’t think you’re crazy – I think you are a genius =)

Caroline says:

Did anyone try using the mini size candy bars and reese’s cups? I have some leftover I’d like to use but only if they turn out ok!

Oh.My.Stars. I cannot believe how GREAT those look! We’re about to have sweet and sour chicken for supper in, like, five minutes – and I’m totally excited about it – but I would totally eat these instead…if they were only here, right in front of me. Sigh! Gotta try ‘em.

Eileen says:

These look absolutely amazing! I am making them tomorrow along with the oreo stuffed cookies! Can’t wait to try them. I love all of your creative ideas, thanks so much :)

Genius! What a great way to use up leftover Halloween candy!

This is SO clever. The kids will go WILD over this, and I suspect the adults will too. Can’t wait to try this.

Jill says:

You are KILLING me!!! I’m trying so hard to stick to my diet, but you keep posting such yummy looking recipes. Can you try to give us some low cal/fat ideas?

Leslie says:

Okay YUMM!! You are NOT helping my plan to try to eat better because that Reese’s one looks divine!

Ginny says:

This is my first time to your site and I can see that you are a very evil woman! Stuffed Oreos and Candy Bar Chocolate Chip Cookies. What’s a girl to do but jump in the car and go buy all the ingredients immediately!!

Mads says:

Look at the gooey goodness seeping outta those cookies! Or are they candy bars? Who knows and who cares.
    Love it

jenn king says:

i’m so scared to make these! they’ll be the death of me!!!!

Erica says:

Tried these last night. LOVE them. Thanks for the recipe!

Jennifer says:

I love your recipes. They’re so fun. I wish you had a cookbook with all of these!

I’m sure I’ve said this many times before, but you’re a genius, girl! What else can we stuff inside those chocolate chip cookies??

Casey L. says:

I have died and gone to cookie heaven! these are on the list of things to bake this weekend! Oh my husband’s guys are gonna love me and all the leftovers!!

beatrix says:

Oh boy…I’ve died and gone to cookie heaven.

Melissa says:

These look incredible!

Wow,I think I just gained 5 lbs reading your post! This is my first time visiting and looks like you have lot’s of fun creative recipes. My boys would go crazy over this! We still have Halloween candy left over this is a great way to use them in a yummy new way!

Dessert time could not be any easier, and I agree the 5 lb. weight gain from just looking at them.

Oh goodness, these look addictive!

carrian says:

Those sound too wonderful!!!!!!!!