Feb
2011

S’mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tags: , , , , ,

Cookies

I know, I know, enough stuffed cookies already, lol!  Please allow me to get just a couple more out of my system and I will put these bad boys to rest :)

This version however, is one of my very favorites, it’s an inside out gooey s’mores wrapped in butter crisp chocolate chip cookie dough.  If that doesn’t sound to die for, I don’t know what does.  Hope you’ll enjoy taking a peek at my “S’mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies!”

Graham crackers, marshmallows and Hershey’s Chocolate bars, mmm.

Couldn’t help it :)

I cut my marshmallows in half to stay on the graham crackers better.

Like so :)

Instead of full size s’mores, I separated the graham crackers into fourths to fit inside the cookies.  Trust me, they are still massive, lol!

If I had 8 more hands I could have shown you this step.  Now, note this gets a little finicky.  Your graham crackers want to move around, but just place it and the dough in your hands to enclose it the best you can.  Trust me, they do NOT have to perfectly stuffed.  Once you get the 2 scoops of dough on top and bottom, you’ll need more on the front and back, do this while holding it in your hands.

Now that is a cookie!  Time to bake.

This is quite the sight to see, they are so gorgeous!

Let them cool for at least 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack or serving plate.

How gorgeous is this?  The marshmallow melts and puffs right inside the cookie for a gooey texture.

Yes, they are as good as they look folks :)

S’mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks softened butter

1 Cup granulated sugar

3/4 Cup packed light brown sugar

2 eggs

1 Tablespoon vanilla

3 1/2 Cup all purpose flour

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 Cups semi sweet chocolate chips

24 graham cracker quarters or 12 full sheets separated at perforations

3 Hershey Bars, broken into rows of 3 bars

12 large marshmallows cut in half lengthwise

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silpat liner.

2.  In a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla, continue to beat until well combined.

3.  Place flour, salt and baking soda into a bowl; mix to combine then add slowly to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips.

4.  Layer a graham cracker quarter with 3 Hershey chocolate squares and 2 marshmallow halves.  Close with another graham cracker.  Top s’more with a large scoop of cookie dough.  Place in hands and place another large scoop on bottom then front and back sides as needed.  Form dough around s’mores.  Will get messy, but stick with it, it does not have to be perfect.  S’mores will move around but it’s no big deal.  Place large cookies onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges are golden and centers are cooked through.  Let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack or serving plate.

Makes 12 large stuffed cookies.

Comments

sibylle says:

wow! so yummy! I’m sure without tasting!

Smores and cookies are two of my favorite things. So I’m certain my husband and I would devour these! :)

They say that necessity is the mother of invention. Oh so true. Love this:
    “I cut my marshmallows in half to stay on the graham crackers better.”

Jenny these look awesome!! I want to make them! And for as puffy as they start out, they really shrink down tons…which is good. Just means I can eat more :)

I LOVE marshmallow anything and smores…oh boy. Awesome!

Okay, now you have totally outdone yourself Jenny!! S’mores is my favorite flavor combination!

You officially have taken stuffed cookies to another level!

stringy, melty, delicious marshmallows and chocolate…what more could you ask for?!

Love these Jenny – with all that gooey marshmallow. My kids would be unstoppable with these treats! xo

Oh.
    My.
    Gosh.

This. is. genius.

Fallon says:

YUMMY! How wide are they?? I’m sure that was a small plate but still!

You amaze me with all your great creations! Love this!

Amanda says:

Seriously amazing!! And gorgeous!! Well done!

Oh my goodness! That looks SO divine!

You can share as many stuffed cookie recipes as you want! I ToTaLlY DONT mind :) This one for sure looks TO DIE FOR!

girl i am not tired of the stuffed cookies–keep going! LOL

Another fantastic cookie!

These are crazy unbelievable! I can see these in some fancy bakery…

EatLiveRun says:

I just showed these to my boyfriend and he asked me to make them today..right now! Of all your stuffed cookies, I think these might be my favorite!!

Wow, you are great at coming up with these stuffed cookie recipes. this is perfect for a snow day like today here in Michigan!

Stephanie says:

Wow! These are the most amazing cookies I have ever seen.

Heidi says:

Wow! I didn’t know you could improve the famouse smores….but you did!

So, when will Cookie Stuffing with Jenny be debuting on the Food Network? ;)

I am sooo making these…

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Janet Rudolph, Jenna Weber, Jenny F., Lauren Brennan, Becca Heflin and others. Becca Heflin said: All of the sweetness flying around has me swooning! @PickyPalate had me at… S'mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies! http://su.pr/2jYt3i [...]

Katrina says:

Holy moly, Girl! That is one big cookie and sounds divine!

Girl! I can say is “glory be” you know how to make a cookie!!!
    Loving it!

Robyn says:

You are killing me. We love smores!

Cynthia Turner says:

If you want to be lazy, can you use store bought cookie dough:)

Craftyshe says:

These look great! I want to know how you stay so thin when you bake all the time?

Amanda says:

Oh my gosh, girl, your creative recipes continually make my jaw drop!! How incredibly huge and delicious do these look?? :)

Erica says:

You are so darm creative. I tried your oreo stuffed cookies last night. I could have ate everyone of those. These look awesome!

doughmesstic says:

You are a wicked, wicked woman.

Danielle says:

Just wanted you to know these amazed me so much I included a repost on my blog (with a proper link back to you, of course ;) … THANKS! and, YUM!

I made quickie smores this weekend for my teens and was planning on blogging them as a Simple Saturday, but now I’ve shown this pic to my son and he said, “Mom, can you ‘finish’ yours like that next time?” These are over-the-top fun looking!

Well don’t those just look amazing!

[...] I’ll pay someone one thousand dollars to show up at my doorstop in five minutes with these. I’m not even joking. 2.  I don’t love Nutella. I mean… it’s okay. But I [...]

Woah…Jenny…you’ve taken the stuffed cookie to a whole other level! :) Love it!

Judimae says:

This recipe is just amazing. What could be better than Smores and Chocolate Chip Cookies. Wow, I am very impressed and can’t wait to make them. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Sarah says:

Nice! There are no words to describe how good these look.

Oh.my.word! These look sinfully delicious. I love it!

Tessa says:

Oh my… these look like they’d be perfect when they are gooey right out of the oven. Yum!

Sharlene says:

Every time you have a new recipe for a stuffed cookie I cannot believe how I’ve never thought of the very same thing before. These look outrageous!

Monica says:

I’m pretty sure these would make my life complete – You rock!

Tracy says:

Yum! What a perfect snack to bring to a campfire – or to remind you of one in the middle of winter!

Cat says:

ooooh wow that looks yummy, and big!!

Emily says:

WOOOOOOOWWWW, amazing. My mouth is officially watering. Must make these.

Nicole says:

What WON’T this woman stuff in cookie dough?? LOL! :) I love it! Happy exploring – can’t wait to see what’s next!

Cara says:

Those look amazing! I cannot wait to try them!

WOW! These look amazing! They’re HUGE!

I love smores! I especially love smores made with a Reese’s cup in the middle.
    I made your brownie stuffed chocolate chip cookies and took them to work today. Everyone thought they were da bomb!