Mar
2011

Mozzarella Stuffed Homemade Meatballs

Tags: , , , , , ,

Dinner

Mozzarella Stuffed Homemade Meatballs by Picky Palate www.picky-palate.com

Bringing more delicious dinner ideas your way!  Anyone else think they could eat these meatballs everyday next week and be completely happy?!  Heaven knows my family could and practically did last week, lol!  My boys devoured these gorgeous beef balls and are very sad they are gone now.

I’ve created a simple homemade meatball that is stuffed with those gorgeous marinated Mozzarella balls you’ll find in the refrigerated section of your grocery store by the fresh Mozzarella.  They are a bit on the pricey side, but worth every single penny according to my family :)

Hope you enjoy!  On another note, did anyone see Adjustment Bureau over the weekend?!  We loved it!  I couldn’t be more thrilled that my sister and her family are visiting from AZ!  We are off to Disney today, let’s hope the weather cooperates with us!

Here’s your line up :)

Little Mozzarella balls straight from heaven, love these blasted things.

Let’s make the meatballs, add your seasonings…

…..your milk

….add a little Tabasco

…some Worcestershire sauce.

Bread crumbs…

mustard…

add your egg…

….Mmm Parmesan Cheese

…don’t forget your onion!

…and the garlic.  Give it all a big mix until just combined.

Time to stuff em!

Don’t they look like little nests?  Too funny :)

Make sure the cheese is fully enclosed and it’s time to bake.

These are so good, hope you enjoy!

Mozzarella Stuffed Homemade Meatballs

1 tablespoon yellow mustard

1 teaspoon hot sauce, like Tabasco

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1/4 teaspoon garlic salt

Ten 1-inch Mozzarella balls

1.  Preheat oven to 35o degrees F. and grease 9×13-inch baking dish with oil.

2.  Place beef, egg, onion, bread crumbs, Parmesan, milk, garlic, Worcestershire, mustard, hot sauce, salt, pepper and garlic salt into a large mixing bowl, stirring until just combined.  Take 1/4 cup beef mixture and press into center with your thumb to make room for cheese ball.  Place cheese in middle then with hands enclose the cheese with the beef, making sure the cheese is completely covered.  Place meatballs into prepared baking dish and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until cooked through.

3.  Serve over top your favorite pasta or inside a warm roll for delicious meatball sandwich.

Comments

These look delicious! I’ve stuffed burgers but never meatballs. Looks like I’ll have to try this soon!

Jenny my hubs would adore these! I don’t eat meat or cheese or bread…lol…so these are not on my radar screen but what is…is your amazing photography!

I would love to learn from you! I just got a new lens (Marla has it and I think she said you have it) and so far I’m in love. But clearly have a long way to go before my pics look like yours :)

Enjoy that new lens! I live it, be patient with yourself, it takes lots of practice to figure out those fancy camera settings :)

Oooh my man will absolutely love these!

Lauren says:

This is one of my fiance’s favorite recipes. I haven’t made them in ages, and I know he would be pleasantly surprised if these showed up on his plate some night this week. Thanks for the reminder!

i’ve always thought to stuff mozzarella into meatballs but never actually saw it done…it sounds AH-mazing!

Nonna Beach says:

Wowzer, that’s heaven alright. I’m going to put some Mootz in my meatball recipe next time I make the !!!

yum! I love the little mozzarella balls. I will definitely be making these. Enjoy Disney today!

Shana says:

What a great concept since you can not go wrong with CHEESE! I will be trying these but just changing them to accomadate my Gluten Free Life!

Camille says:

My hubby and boys are crazy for meatballs. They will LOVE these!!

I love the cheesy inside!

I just someone make this on Food Network yesterday! :) It looks fabulous, I love how the mozzarella seeps out after baking :)

These look DELICIOUS!!! YUM! Can’t wait to give them a try! :)

Erin A. says:

Oh my goodness, these look delish!!!! Wonder how they would be if made with turkey? We recently gave up red meat in an EFFORT to be more healthy LOL….good luck right? We love good food and I love to cook and blog about it too (new blogger but hey..). Oh man, I must try these! YUMM! I love those little cheese balls too. Great in a caprese salad with tomatoes, some basil etc. YUMM!

I’m a huge meatball fan, but I’ve never tried them stuffed with cheese. Now I can’t imagine why I never would have thought of something so obviously meant to be! You’re a genius! Thanks!!

These remind me of deep-fried risotto balls, stuffed with fresh mozzarella. What a fun way to shake up meatballs a little. Have a great time at Disneyland!

Delicious little bites! Perfect idea to tuck the cheese inside there all melty and everything. Yum!

Jocelyn says:

This looks delicious!!!!!

EatLiveRun says:

Stuffed cookies…stuffed meatballs. I’m down.

Meatballs, cheese, pasta…pretty sure all bases are covered!! Is it too early for a plate of this right now?

Stephanie says:

These look amazing! Yum!

I’m hoping our next date night involves seeing The Adjustment Bureau. It looks like a great movie.

Those look amazing!!!! I know just the person who would love those…. ME!!!! The oozing cheese makes my heart melt :-)

Kathryn says:

I was just thinking to myself that I have some ground beef I need to use up this week. This is perfect! Thank you!

Also, I LOVE your napkins!

Lisa says:

Did you watch Iron Chef America last night? Mozzarella was the secret ingredient and someone made mozz stuffed meatballs. Yum-o – thanks for posting!

What a fun dinner idea! These look delicious, Jenny. I’m sure your family enjoyed them so much, and I know my husband and I will, too! Thanks for sharing.

Instead of stuffed cookies – cheesy stuffed meatballs. Love this Jenny! My whole family would be all over that beautiful bowl of spaghetti and meatballs. Gotta get some mozzarella pronto!

Briana says:

Wow! These look delicious! Perfect way to spruce up spaghetti night! It is amazing how cheese makes everything better! ;)

betsy says:

looks beautiful and tasty! great instructions.

Jennifurla says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this! truly, what a fabulous meal.

Melissa S. says:

Love, love, love this!! I will be making these for dinner one night this week!!

LOVE this! Cheesy and gooey and all tucked so nicely in a meatball :)

Amanda says:

Gorgeous! Bet these are delicious!

[...] Picky Palate’s mozzarella stuffed meatballs. Jenny is stuffing everything from chocolate chip cookies to meatballs. And I love it. [...]

sibylle says:

Looks like a very yummy dinner!!!

Honestly, I can’t even handle these. I’m in love.

Christina says:

I have a recipe very similar to these. They are SO good!

What a great idea, love that cheese oozing out from the center! YUM!

Oh wow! I’m not even a big meatball fan, but these look amazing. And my husband would be so happy if I made these, so I am definitely bookmarking this page!

Amelia says:

Wow, I am so glad my husband doesn’t read food blogs (besides mine of course)…because he would seriously be dying for these right now…and then I, Mrs. Pregnant-with-no-will-power would end up eating them all. We’ll have to make these for an upcoming party–yum!!

Celeste says:

I just saw this post and screamed to my husband in the other room about how excited I am to try these. What a great idea! Thank you for sharing!

My husband would LOVE these!

I love those mozzarella balls, and putting them inside meatballs is just genius!

Tracy says:

What a great idea, yum!

Mindy says:

These look great! Saw a Chef last night on Iron Chef America make a version of these(mozzarella was the secret ingredient). Looking forward to trying these balls.

Erin A. says:

This looks SO good to me that I literally was telling my husband about this as we enjoyed a delicious bowl of Jambalaya with Andouille Sausage with Shrimp that I made for Fat Tuesday…made it a day early so I could blog it LOL. Anyway, when we get off this healthy kick (made a lighter jambalaya but omg so good)…I am MAKING THESE!

Rice Kernel says:

You are queen of stuffed! Another recipe to put on the list to try after my next shopping trip. Thank you for sharing and for the inspiration!

jackie says:

I made these last night for supper, but didn’t have mozzarella balls, so I cut up some pieces of string cheese (I know, right?) and used that…along with a few other modifications to make them to my family’s taste. They were AWESOME! Thanks for the great recipe!

stuffing meatballs sounds like a great idea to me.

I love this idea! Cheese makes anything better – especially if it’s hidden inside ;).