Mar
2011

Chewy No-Bake Nutter Butter Bars

Tags: , ,

Desserts

I usually don’t post a new recipe on Saturday, but had to share this variation of the chewy cookie bars!  You know I wasn’t stopping with just Oreos right?  Lol!

Same exact recipe, just used a package of Nutter Butters instead of Oreos and…..yah they were equally delish!

Also, before you go, I did a little face lift around here at Picky Palate.  I get to upload bigger photos and I love my updated header! You can also scroll through my navigation bar and see some new features under my recipe index.  It’s much more organized into a few more categories.  A big thanks to Emily from Swank Design for doing this for me!!

Here’s your 3 ingredient check list :)

Peanut buttery delicious!

Place cookies into food processor until ground.

Here you have it :)

Pour your cookies into puffed up marhsmallows that have been cooked in the microwave with the butter.

Give a good mix.

Mmmmm.

Let set up for 10-15 minutes (for a short cut put in the freezer for 5 minutes)

Cut into bars and serve!

Chewy No-Bake Nutter Butter Bars

One 1 pound package of Nutter Butters

5 cups Large Marshmallows

4 tablespoons butter

1. Place Nutter Butters in food processor and pulse until ground. Melt marshmallows and butter in microwave until puffed, about 1 1/2- 2 minutes. Remove and pour in ground Cookies. Stir to combine then transfer to a foil lined 8×8 inch baking pan. Let set up for 10 minutes. Remove bars out of pan with edges of foil and cut into squares.

Makes 9-16 bars

Comments

Every day I think, there’s no way she can top her last:
    No Bake
    Easy
    Uses cookies/items from my childhood that I LOVED…

…and then…

You do! You pull these amazing little rabbits out of your hat, Jenny!

I love the looks of these!! YUM!!!

To be made, soon :)

Katrina says:

These look loevley! Mmm I love Nutter Butter’s!

These look so tasty and easy! The flavors involved remind me of a peanut butter an d mini marshmallow no-bake slice that my grandmother used to make. Can’t wait to try it and find out if nostalgia comes rushing in.

These look amazing! And the new site looks awesome! Glad you kept the heels. :)

Mrs Horn says:

Both this and the oreo bars remind me of college. The cafeteria in my college would take whatever cereal was almost stale and make “treats” out of it. We had fruity pebble bars, cheerio bars, and cinnamon toast crunch bars. They were always super tasty, even if they were just trying to use up old cereal.

Anne Marie says:

These look absolutely divine!! I love them :)

barb says:

Wow those look sooo good.

Janet says:

These are some if my favorite cookies ever! I’m thinking these even sound GABS worthy!! What a fab idea… and it looks awesome over here btw ;)

I love peanut butter and marshmallow! Looks yummy Jenny!

I recently rediscovered my love for Nutter Butters! These sound great – thanks for sharing on a Saturday. :)

AMAZING recipe, Jenny! Love, love, love it!

nicole says:

can you tell me how many cups of mini marshmallows to use instead? thanks!

I swear all of us girls think alike. I made something with Nutter Butter Minis yesterday!! Nothing like this, but it’s still funny that we were both thinking of Nutter Butters! These are perfect!

yum!! i bet these would also be good with Do Si Do peanut butter girl scout cookies!

Kim says:

I say Nutter Butter and Oreo cookies in the no-bake bar together! Chocolate and PB HEAVEN!

Nutter Butters are my favorite! Yummmmy!

Jessica says:

Cant decide which is more tempting, the oreo or nutter butter bars, guess I will just have to make both, LOL! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I cant wait to try it. So glad I stumbled onto your blog!

These looks fantastic! They’re going to be perfect treats for me to take to work. I’m really tempted to mix your last 2 recipes and make some Oreo-Nutter Butter chewy bars. The customization possibilities for these bars are exciting! Thanks for the great idea!

kate Jones says:

Looks fantastic! I am going to try them pronto!

I fondly remember my dad destroying many a package of Nutter Butters growing up. This would be a great birthday treat for him!

Yum! Nutter Butters are my favorite cookie. These look great!

Erin A. says:

Mmm would be good with chocolate. Wish I’d seen these when I did my National Peanut Butter Lovers Day…would have been a good thing to reference :)

Yumm

Hmmm, any treat that is a variation of a Rice Krispie bar is going to get 2 (maybe 4) thumbs up. Just love, love, love them!

These look so awesome! Makes me want to make some right now!

[...] Picky Palate’s Chewy No-Bake Nutter Butter Bars look like something we’d munch away fast! [...]

I was salivating over the Cookies and Creams Bars, but now I want to run to the store to Nutter Butters! I have some girl scout cookies in the cupboard. Hmmm….

[...] I TELL YOU – to see recipes over at Picky Palate for Chewy No-Bake Cookies and Cream Bars and Chewy No-Bake Nutter Butter Bars. I can’t wait to try [...]

Gee’s Jenny, you’re such a genius! Those sound good on my empty stomach this morning. I just wanted to tell you I’m off f.b. and put my blog on private (which is a pain I know…sorry). You probably don’t even have time to read blogs but if you want an invite just email me at thesearethedaysmail@yahoo.com

I just didn’t want you to think I was shutting you out. :) Hope the O.C. is treating you good!!

Mace Avam says:

Looks tasty!
    I’m in Canada where Nutter Butters don’t exist. Oh no! And dairy products, like butter, are expensive on my university-student budget. So my question is: do you think I could use a vanilla sandwich cookie instead, and substitute peanut butter for the butter?

Note to self: Go to store and get Nutter Butters.

Oooh – love Nutter Butters! These look amazing!! :)

An easy and delicious treat! Yum!

Susan says:

Why do I even bother buying multiple ingredients, when you keep coming up with these 3 ingredeient recipes?

Great job on the site facelift! This is another recipe that my kids would adore.

What I’d like to know is… how the heck do you come up with this stuff. You should write a cookbook or something ;)

Tracy says:

Loving these no-bake desserts!

Debbie B says:

I made these along with a batch of the oreo ones last night to bring to work today. SUPER YUMMY and easy! I had to keep a couple for the kids and the hubby but most of them made it into work with me today.

Megan says:

We made these yesterday and there are no words for how fabulous they were!! Thanks for the wonderful idea! Oh PS we drizzled melted chocolate over the top :) mmmmm

Jenna says:

These sound AMAZING. Then I scrolled down and saw the oreo version. I’m much more a peanut butter person, but my coworker LOVES chocolate and Oreo’s. After sharing these recipes with her, she suggested that it’d be good to MIX the Nutter Butter & the Oreo’s. I have not tried, but I think that’d be a great combo!!

T says:

Uh oh, I think I made a mistake. I used the whole bag of regular sized marshmallows. That was too many wasn’t it? It tasted like homemade peanut butter marshmallows which was great and would be perfect with chocolate fondue. BUT, that wasn’t right was it?

[...] ground up Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and eggs.) It’s not healthy, not even close, but what a way to go! Make this one for the men in your [...]

[...] No-Bake Nutter Butter Bars contain peanuts (warning to all with peanut allergies). This recipe is quick and easy and not to be [...]

nicole k says:

Oh my goodness! I never have bought Nutter Butter cookies until yesterday and I happened to run across this recipe and tried it. It’s amazing! So much better than regular Rice Krispy Treats! This will be a huge it when I go back home to visit. Thanks! Planned on making the Biscoff White Choc cookies, but forgot to buy the White Chocolate morsels yesterday. Boo! Another day though.
    Thanks a bunch!!!

Cupcake pods says:

That is really fascinating, You are a very skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and sit up for seeking extra of your wonderful post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks

I have read a few excellent stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much attempt you set to make this kind of magnificent informative web site.

Simply wish to say your article is as amazing. The clearness for your submit is simply spectacular and that i could assume you are an expert in this subject. Fine with your permission let me to clutch your feed to keep up to date with impending post. Thank you a million and please keep up the gratifying work.

My brother recommended I would possibly like this blog. He was totally right. This put up actually made my day. You can not imagine just how so much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!