Apr
2011

Bakery Style Cookies and Cream Cookies

Tags: , , , , ,

Cookies

Ok, so remember those ugly cookies from a couple weeks ago?  Well, I couldn’t let that good idea go to waste could I?  I re-developed the recipe idea, added flour and voila, gorgeous chocolatey cookies and cream cookies!

I was so excited to see these come out of the oven, I thought I lost my cookie touch, lol!

You will not be disappointed with these cookies, they are fudgy and Oreo-y :)  Hope you enjoy!!

Here’s your basic cookie ingredients, nothing too out of the ordinary.

Ground up your oreos in a food processor or blender.  Trader Joe’s “Joe Joe’s” work too :)

Cream your butter and sugars :)

Add your flour, Oreos, and chocolate chips.

Add your cocoa powder too.

Here’s what you’ll get, wait until you try this dough!

Time to bake, 9 to 11 minutes at 350 degrees F.

Yum is all I have to say about this :)

Grab some milk…you’ll want it with these bad boys :)

Bakery Style Cookies and Cream Cookies

2 sticks softened butter

1 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup packed light brown sugar

2 large eggs

1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, I used semi-sweet

1 cup cocoa powder

15 whole Oreo Cookies, finely ground

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.

2. In a stand or electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until well combined.

3. Place flour, crushed Oreo crumbs, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl. Add to wet ingredients along with cocoa powder, and chocolate chips, slowly mixing until just combined. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet, about 1 inch apart from each other. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve with milk.

Makes 3 dozen cookies

_____________________________________

Have a great week, come back soon!

Comments

Jenny, these look amazing!!! How could Oreos and more cocoa powder and chocolate chips really be a bad thing though!

Glad you tweaked the recipe a bit from last week’s version and came up with this masterpiece! DELISH!

Going to make these today for sure!

Your cookies just keep getting better and better!

Ok you had me at the title “Cookes and Cream Cookies”. But the pictures sealed the deal. I’m making these this weekend!

I’m so glad you didn’t give up on this recipe – these look delicious! I’ll have to try them! I might use mint oreos – I’m a big mint girl :)

Patti says:

My thoughts exactly. I’ve got a package of mint Oreo’s at home, screaming to be the star of these cookies!

• Patti says:

I just pulled these out of the oven. I used the mint Oreos, and they are perfect! I added about 3 T. of sour cream to make the dough a little less stiff (I live in Salt Lake City- the altitude is quite high). They spread just the right amount, and they are devine. Thanks for a great recipe!

Oh WOW these sound amazing! I think my belly is getting bigger just thinking about making them! I am so excited to try these!

I’m having a chocolate melt down just looking at these! Want one right now!

Jane says:

OMG! Mouthwatering! :)

Oh my! An ice-cold glass of milk would be absolute perfection with these cookies! YUM!

Love the way you styled the pictures. Sounds like a great cookie.

Liz says:

Yum, glad you decided to remake those cookies! I love cookies and cream everything!

Omg this is amazing! I love oreos but I can’t buy any because I’d be pretty dangerous around them lol

WOW – those look delicious :) May have to give those a go!

I love all your treats made with Oreos! Yum!

Amy Johnson says:

Okay, I can’t wait to try these!! I just had my fav Oreo Pazookie at BJ’s Brewhouse last night and was wondering how I could make it at home in our skookie pans. Here’s my answer!!! Thank you!!

Mindi says:

Can’t wait to try these! They look amazing!!

Angien24 says:

These look divine! It looks like the perfect PMS cookie! LOL. I would love them dunked in coffee! I’ll be putting this on my ‘to-make’ list for sure. =D
    Angie

Lisa says:

These cookies look amazing! I was just wondering, the recipe says 2 sticks of butter, but the picture looks like half sticks. Do you use 2 full (8 Tablespoons each) sticks? Thanks!

EatLiveRun says:

yay! those cookies are definitely not so ugly anymore ;)

These look yummy. I made a vanilla version of these a few weeks back.

Amanda says:

Oh yum, these are even more gorgeous than the cookies we saw at Levain! :) Must try these with peanut butter chips

Nathalie Smith says:

Oh now were talkin!! I might substitute it for white chocolate chips to have the white “filling” appearance! Thank you, Jenny! I love all your creations!

Katrina says:

One of the many reasons that I love you is that you bake with oreos! These look awesome.

I’m glad you didn’t give up because these look delish!

Thank you for sharing!

Wenderly says:

Oooooooh those look simply gorgeous love! Fabulous creation!

I think my heart just stopped beating for a moment! Yay for perseverence!!! Yay for us all! lol

Annalise says:

These sound amazing, going to have to try them for sure! Thanks for sharing!

QueenMother says:

First, glad to see there was a whoops! last week. Makes you much more human! Second, a-maze-ing looking and I am sure tasting too! yep, even though Mr. Wonderful doesn’t care for chocolate, I am gonna have to make these!

Stephanie says:

Jenny, these look amazing! I am in love with any recipe that includes Oreo’s. The possibilities are endless!

Lauren says:

I was actually going to make that suggestion and/or try it myself. I’m glad to know it works so now I’ll have to try it.

My little son is standing next to me wishing he could dive into my screen. Glad to hear you got the recipe down, these cookies look great!

Sues says:

Wow! These look like some of the best, most chocolatey cookies ever! I love the milk bottle and straws, too :)

WOW! You had me at “bakery style”! On my list :)

Amanda says:

I’m baking these today for company tonight, and I have to say they aren’t turning out like yours. Did you really use a whole cup of cocoa powder? That really seemed to dry out my dough. It was VERY dry, and they’re not flattening as they cook. I’ve been upping the time by 3 minute increments, and they never really flatten. I tested the first batch, and they cooked through, so maybe that’s okay. What are your thoughts? Was your dough super dry? I double checked all my ingredients and they’re all correct. Thanks for your help. I want to impress with these cookies! :)

Cameron says:

I made these last night and brought them in to work. They were a huge hit! Made dough as directed. It was soooo good! I’m surprised that I actually had dough left to bake any cookies!

Small cookies (2 tsp scoop) baked for 8 minutues. Medium cookies (2 TBS scoop) baked for 9 min. I found that if I flattened both sizes of cookies slightly they actually spread out better during baking. Otherwise they remained in a mound when baking.

I live at 4500 ft and they baked great! Perhaps would have added a tablespoon of cream just to loosen the dough and allow it to spread just a bit more.

Tracy says:

Chocolate plus more chocolate…I’m in heaven!!

Nicole says:

I thought these were better the second day :) They seemed to mellow a bit after the first day, I used Ghiradelli cocoa. I was thinking Hershey’s cocoa might have been less intense. Great recipe ! beautiful food styling in the photos too.

I love that you stuck it out and came up with a recipe that worked with the oreos!

Abby says:

I just finished making these and I have never put something more amazing in my life! Excellent recipe! Thank you!

Abby says:

I meant put something more amazing in my mouth in my life…

Kat D.R. says:

Those look so good!

Nicole C says:

I made these yesterday for our family’s Good Friday gather, they are so yummy:) A huge hit with all the kids! Thank you so much, I am definitely making these again:)

Cameron says:

Made a second batch of these today. Still amazing and so easy to make! In response Amanda’s question about a dry dough…it possibly depends where you live on how dry the mix will be. When I lived on the coasts or humid areas my flour and cocoa picked up more moisture from the air and my cookie doughs were not as dry. I now live in Salt Lake City (4500 ft.) and it is a desert here…very dry air, flour, cocoa, etc. In today’s batch I added 3TBL cream to the wet ingredients. My cookies were sooo much happier and spread just lovely in the oven. Still gave them a small pat to flatten prior to baking. Once the cookies were mixed I divided the batter in two…baked half just like the recipe calls for. In the second half I added the zest of 1 orange and 1/4 cup candied ginger. Delish as well!

British Mum says:

These really look amazing. I’m going to have to make them for my kids, they would be a HUGE hit.
    mary

Sarah says:

I made these on Sunday (followed recipe exactly). Yummy! They were a bit too-chocolatey for me (I couldn’t eat more than one at a time, but maybe this is a good thing), but I brought a bunch into work and they were a huge hit. Thanks for the great recipe!

Julia says:

WOW – these look amazing! I’m kicking myself for not seeing this recipe earlier – I JUST took some cookies out of the oven! Maybe next week…

mindy says:

I was looking forward to tasting these since the cookie dough was awesome! There was something ‘off’ about the cookies. The flavor was great, so it took me a little while to figure out that the cookies were gritty, due to the ground Oreos. A little better the second day, but I think I would rather eat regular chocolate-chocolate chip cookies. What a creative way to use those Oreos!

jackie says:

These are the best chocolate cookies ever, like a cross between a brownie and chewie on the inside perfect on the outside cookie. My husband was sold from the moment he licked the batter and has had 8 cookies since! THanks so much for the awesome recipe!

[...] too. Anyways, after 2 hours of searching today, I found it again! Thank Goodness! It’s from Picky-Palate There are some really great desserts AND dinner suggestions for all ages! Check it [...]