May
2011

Salted Chocolate Covered Fluffer Nutter Wafers

Tags: , ,

Cookies

There’s really no excuse for these naughty little cookies other than I completely love them!  You’ve got it right, you are looking at 2 Nilla Wafers stuffed with peanut butter and marshmallow cream topped with salted chocolate.  They are that good :)

What’s not to love about a treat that takes only minutes to put together?!  They are too fun to resist and as messy as can be!  Break out these few ingredients and have some fun :)

Hope you enjoy!

Left:  peanut butter, fleur de sel sea salt, marshmallow creme, Nilla Wafers, and chocolate chips.  Easy right?

Turn those Nilla Wafers upside down and….

Spread 12 with peanut butter…..

like so :)

….and the other 12 with marshmallow creme.  Mmmm!

Tada’.

Here you have it, try not eating them just like this!  But wait, it gets better :)

Close em’ up.

Like little fabulous sandwiches.  In all honesty they are killer just like this, but come on let’s add the chocolate please.

I place my chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl over simmering water in a sauce pan to melt.  You can also melt them in the microwave.  Take a spoon and spoon chocolate over the tops of each cookie sandwich.

Ok, I LOVE the salt on top.  Try one and make sure it’s your thing, otherwise you can absolutely leave it out :)

Grab your prettiest little cake stand and set them out.  Eat one and try to not eat all of them before the kids come  home :)

Salted Chocolate Covered Fluffer Nutter Wafers

24 Nilla Wafers

12 teaspoons creamy peanut butter

12 teaspoons marshmallow creme

1 cup chocolate chips

Fleur de Sel sea salt or Kosher salt

1. Place Nilla wafers with bottom sides facing up. On 12 wafers spread 1 teaspoon peanut butter on each then on the other 12 spread 1 teaspoon marshmallow fluff. Close peanut butter and marshmallow fluff together making a sandwich.

2. Melt chocolate chips over a double broiler or in the microwave until melted and smooth. Spoon chocolate over tops of cookies then sprinkle with a touch of sea salt. Place in refrigerator to set chocolate.

Makes 12 servings

Note:  Best if eaten within 1 hour.  The marshmallow creme slides the top cookie around when left out too long :)  Enjoy!!

___________________________

Have a great new week, come back soon!

Comments

These would make a good breakfast! ;)

What a fun little snack!

Gah perfection! Such a fabulous idea…and we have all the ingredients on hand…yippee!

omg Jenny. The BEST! I love nilla wafers, fluff, PB, and choc. I mean who doesnt but I REALLY do!

This is the perfect 4 year old snack. Or mommy snack :)

Thank you for always making easy yet awesome goodies and I love all the no bake stuff! Busy moms = nobake wins every time!

these are so cute! perfect for parties, and i think if you did white chocolate with a bit of food coloring it would be great for baby showers!

Cute little treat!

Eileen says:

Those are such cute little cookies. Love the flavor combo – yum!

These are so adorable! Love the combo!

How easy are those cookies! And so stinkin’ adorable too!

This is every kid’s dream. I’d even considering making these fun little treats for a birthday party in lieu of a cake.

I love you.

Just seeing the peanut butter on the knife makes me drool.

So simple, but look so delicious. I get really upset when people don’t know what a fluffer nutter is… a bit of childhood delight. Can’t wait to try this new version!

I love this idea! So fun and simple :) Sometimes those really are the best recipes :)

Melissa S. says:

Love this! I will definitely be making these. Where would I find the sea salt you use?

Hannah at FleurDeLicious says:

I love when something so simple is so genius. We used to make fluffednutter sandwiches all the time in college. I would definitely add the salt. I might even find a way to sneak some nutella in there too!

Erin A says:

People think I’m making it up when I mention Fluffernutter sandwiches. This posts proves I’m not crazy.

Jennifurla says:

genius! and oh so adorable.

Kate says:

These look delicious! I might have to make these when I get home from work! Such a good looking treat!

EatLiveRun says:

these are beautiful!! I want three right now!

oh man… these look DANGEROUS! i love anything with chocolate, salt and peanut butter!

well this covers all the food groups right?
    ;-)

These cookies are so low maintenance and fabulous Jenny! I had to read the recipe title like 5 times to realize how many amazing goodies are tucked inside these babies! Gorgeous clicks :) xo

Bee says:

Oooh, I made a really similar thing with nutella a bit ago, and made “mock-a-roons” with chocolate ganache another time. The uses for Nilla Wafers is endless!

Love these!! They sound like the perfect thing to cure a sweet/salty craving!

Emily says:

Anything with peanut butter and vanilla wafers has me sold! WOW!! These looks soooo good!

Recipes Fashion Marriage

Tracy says:

What a fun little snack!

They look so cute! Mini snacks are my favourite…you can eat lots that way!

Jessica says:

You are an evil, evil, evil woman. And I fully expect you to bring some of these with you to BlogHer next week to share with me! Yum!!

Kristin says:

YUM! I’ve been searching for something cute, finger size and full of sweetness for my girlfriends baby shower next month. Totally stealing, thank you!

kimberlycun says:

omg this is so good. my mouth is salivating!

These are trouble. I can tell! And I can’t wait to make them! Love easy semi-homemade treats like this! Great idea, as always!!

Beth says:

These are the cutest! They would be great at a baby or bridal shower!! Thanks for the idea.

Slice of Southern

Jessica says:

Oh, so yummy! I recently got some Himalayan pink salt from Sustainable Sourcing https://secure.sustainablesourcing.com and I’m going to have to use it in this recipe. YUM!

[...] Jenny’s Salted Chocolate Covered Fluffer Nutter Wafters [...]

What a fun little snack! Super cute :)