Jul
2011

White Chocolate S’mores Gooey Cake Bars

Tags: , , , ,

Desserts

Ok, these newest gooey bars might just be my favorite yet!  I had the idea instead of traditional chocolate s’mores why not play around with a white chocolate s’mores bar….and make it gooey and cake like :)

You will absolutely not be disappointed with this one, they are perfect to transport to a party, enjoying on family night or who am I kidding, any night!

Hope you enjoy!

Here is your line-up…Yellow cake mix (plus 1 stick of butter and 1 egg), a bag of white chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, graham crackers and some mini marshmallows.

Place your stick of butter, egg and cake mix into a large bowl.

Anyone else love the smell of yellow cake….I mean love it?!  Makes me so happy, lol!

So, you’ll mix, mix, mix until you get this fabulous dough.  Use your hands, much easier.

Press 1/2 of that dough into the bottom of a foil lined, 8×8 inch baking dish.  Make sure you spray the foil generously with cooking spray.

Top with a layer of graham crackers :)

Top with a bag of white chocolate chips.

Next up….the mini marshmallows!

Place the second half of the dough on top of the marshmallows.

Press evenly, does not need to be perfect :)

Drizzle on about 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk and pop into the oven for about 30 minutes!

These come out golden and beautiful.  I perfer to cut off all edges about 1/2 inch, however save those edges for snacking :)  It just makes the squares perfect and pretty :)

Starting from the bottom you have cake, graham cracker, white chocolate, marshmallow and more cake!  Can’t tell you how good these are!

White Chocolate S’mores Gooey Cake Bars

1 box yellow cake mix

1 large egg

1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened

4 1/2 full graham crackers

10 ounce bag white chocolate chips

2 cups mini marshmallows

1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking pan with tin foil that’s been generously sprayed with cooking spray. Make sure foil goes all the way up and over the edges for this one. It will be a full pan :)

2. Place cake mix, egg, and butter into a large mixing bowl. Mix with hands until a nice dough forms. similar to a cookie dough. Press half of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Layer with graham crackers, white chips then marshmallows. Top with remaining half of dough pressing evenly. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over top then bake for 28-33 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown on top. Remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes then take a plastic knife and run along edges to loosen marshmallow (this will make your life easier when pulling foil out of pan to remove bars :) Let cool completely then remove bars from pan with foil edges. Cut off all edges if desired, about 1/2 inch each side. I save the edges to snack on too. Cut bars into squares and serve. They are delicious room temperature or chilled.

12 to 16 servings

___________________________

Have a great new week, come back soon!

Comments

Jenny these look AMAZING!

And it’s sort of surreal. Just this weekend I made something and posted pics of it to my blog as sort of a teaser (haven’t posted the full recipe) but I posted pics of it on Saturday..anyway the things I used: yellow cake, sweetened condensed milk, white choc chips, and marshmallow creme were all in it. The SAME things in this recipe of yours.

I think we were living a parallel kitchen life or something! Crazy!

Your bars look….SO GOOD!!!! When I saw the teaser pic on instagram, I about peed my pants :)

Another easy but amazing looking recipe, I love it!!

oh.my.goodness. These complete me. I cannot WAIT to try these this upcoming weekend (if I can wait that long). Thank you for this divine recipe!!!!

Katrina says:

These are dreamy. Love the look of these!

HOLY. GOODNESS. i need this now!

So delicious looking! I don’t know what is more torturous, the heat wave, or the heat wave preventing me from baking these!

With each layer, these bars get better and better. I too love the smell (and color!) of yellow cake. It just makes me smile!

S’mores anything is delicious! These look SOO moist and chewy! I am craving these right now…at 6 in the morning :)

Clare says:

It really does not get any better than this :)

Wow! Looks like you’ve baked up a piping hot batch of heaven! :)

I love bar treats and these look incredible!

Mona says:

Oh my!!!! What a treat to wake up to LOL.

That is one decadent looking bar. It looks perfectly gooey and tasty.

I cannot stand looking at these pictures and not eating one!!!! I am bookmarking these beauties! Thanks for sharing :)

Love these! Who doesn’t love variations on S’Mores Bars, right??

Erin says:

I love white chocolate! I never thought to put it in a s’more!

Omg! I love S’mores! This white chocolate version is brilliant!

Sue says:

I believe you:) These look every bit as good as you say they are!

Shelbi says:

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING! I CAN NOT WAIT to try this! Thank you so much for posting!!!

carlyklock says:

These just look absolutely divine! Added bonus that they’re so simple.

Ooooh my! My poor thighs are going to suffer after I make these but I know it’ll be worth it ;) YUM!

Yes I am pretty much sure that I just blacked out. OMG

Risa says:

This looks great!! Can’t wait to make it!

~Cindy says:

Get out of my way! I’m going to the grocery!!!

Oh my, do these look scrumptious :D I’m allergic to cocoa [milk or dark chocolate] (Did I just hear a collective gasp?), and am always looking for alternatives to traditional recipes. This will be made today! So much for the diet.

Wow – white chocolate smore- that sounds wonderful!

Brenda Morton says:

I always love coming to your site!! The recipes are delightful and I love the pictures and step by step procedures!! The pictures Makes it easy to see if I’m doing it the right way!! Thanks so much!!!!

Sheila says:

wow these look great! I bet using chocolate cake mix would be good too!

Kim says:

what are you trying to do to us? kill us? wow. i put 5 pounds on – just looking at it.yummmmmmmmmmm

Wow – those look great! I’ve been seeing s’more recipes pop up a lot lately, but this is the first white chocolate one I’ve noticed. I bet the extra sweetness if fabulous with the mini marshmallows!

Liberty says:

Cannot wait to make these — I was in need of a new dessert for tomorrow… I think this is the winner! Thanks :)

These really do look gorgeous! and i bet people wont believe what ingredients make them up, lovely recipe :)

Amanda says:

So excited to see another gooey cake bar recipe from you, I am loving these! :) Can’t wait to see you in San Diego, less than two weeks! :) xoxo

Wow this looks decadent!
    My favorite picture is the one with you pouring the condensed milk I would like to eat it all!
    Love your blog and your pictures are super pretty :)

Looks like the perfect one bite treat.

Lisa Maise says:

These look delicious…i’m going to try it with the yellow GF mix for my hubby.

Suzanne says:

Oh my goodness…these look amazing! My 14 year old just got braces, so I’m going to have to wait to make these. Marshmallow + braces = big big mess ;-.

Mrs. L says:

OMGee I think I’ve died and gone to heaven. Must make these!

Lisa says:

It’s official. You are my dessert goddess.

Amanda says:

Stumbled, pinned, tweeted… I could not spread the word fast enough!! These are AMAZING!!!

Mamie says:

These look so good! Definitely going on my to make list.

Marty says:

They look crazy delicious! Would pair perfectly with a cold glass of milk!

Gail B says:

Wow that looks sweet! Definitely one I’d have to take to work for the girls before I eat it all!

Oh my, these look so amazing! I love all of your concoctions.

Kim says:

I made this wonderful treat tonight, it turned out really wonderful… I did make one change, I crumbled the graham crackers. Thanks again for the great ideas. The wonderful and helpful instructions are very easy to follow.

You can find my post at

Wow! These look insanely delicious. I would never have thought of all combing all these ingredients to create such a concoction. Gorgeous pictures!

Alida @ Alida's Kitchen says:

YUM! These sound incredible and your pictures are amazing. Definitely going to make these!!

You’re a lifesaver. I was stumped at what to fix for my daughter and her family’s housewarming, an outdoors event on what is expected to be a hot, humid day. She’s planning hamburgers, hot dogs and s’mores. Mom (that’s me) brings cakes. Your s’mores cake bars are exactly what’s needed to fit the theme, particularly if there’s a thunderstorm, God forbid! I’m doubling the recipe, and thank you for knowing what I needed when I need it!

Jeanette says:

Wow, those look so awesome!! I am going to make them soon!!!

jenna says:

these look amazing! i love white chocolate. lol I also love the smell of yellow cake! my sister used to eat the dry clumps out of the box when we were younger! ;)

valerie says:

I think I will make these today. do you happen to have any recipes to use up the rest of the sweetened condensed milk??

thanks!

kate says:

@valerie…i actually just used the entire can by drizzling some in between all most layers and top layer too. makes it extra delicious! :)