Jul
2011

White Chocolate S’mores Gooey Cake Bars

Tags: , , , ,

Desserts

Ok, these newest gooey bars might just be my favorite yet!  I had the idea instead of traditional chocolate s’mores why not play around with a white chocolate s’mores bar….and make it gooey and cake like :)

You will absolutely not be disappointed with this one, they are perfect to transport to a party, enjoying on family night or who am I kidding, any night!

Hope you enjoy!

Here is your line-up…Yellow cake mix (plus 1 stick of butter and 1 egg), a bag of white chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, graham crackers and some mini marshmallows.

Place your stick of butter, egg and cake mix into a large bowl.

Anyone else love the smell of yellow cake….I mean love it?!  Makes me so happy, lol!

So, you’ll mix, mix, mix until you get this fabulous dough.  Use your hands, much easier.

Press 1/2 of that dough into the bottom of a foil lined, 8×8 inch baking dish.  Make sure you spray the foil generously with cooking spray.

Top with a layer of graham crackers :)

Top with a bag of white chocolate chips.

Next up….the mini marshmallows!

Place the second half of the dough on top of the marshmallows.

Press evenly, does not need to be perfect :)

Drizzle on about 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk and pop into the oven for about 30 minutes!

These come out golden and beautiful.  I perfer to cut off all edges about 1/2 inch, however save those edges for snacking :)  It just makes the squares perfect and pretty :)

Starting from the bottom you have cake, graham cracker, white chocolate, marshmallow and more cake!  Can’t tell you how good these are!

White Chocolate S’mores Gooey Cake Bars

1 box yellow cake mix

1 large egg

1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened

4 1/2 full graham crackers

10 ounce bag white chocolate chips

2 cups mini marshmallows

1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking pan with tin foil that’s been generously sprayed with cooking spray. Make sure foil goes all the way up and over the edges for this one. It will be a full pan :)

2. Place cake mix, egg, and butter into a large mixing bowl. Mix with hands until a nice dough forms. similar to a cookie dough. Press half of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Layer with graham crackers, white chips then marshmallows. Top with remaining half of dough pressing evenly. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over top then bake for 28-33 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown on top. Remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes then take a plastic knife and run along edges to loosen marshmallow (this will make your life easier when pulling foil out of pan to remove bars :) Let cool completely then remove bars from pan with foil edges. Cut off all edges if desired, about 1/2 inch each side. I save the edges to snack on too. Cut bars into squares and serve. They are delicious room temperature or chilled.

12 to 16 servings

___________________________

Have a great new week, come back soon!

Comments

Oh, wow! This looks amazing! What a fun treat! I will definitely be making this! Maybe I’ll try it using milk chocolate. I’ll be sure to attach your link on my blog post when I create it! Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
    Christi

christischirps.blogspot.com

Tracy says:

Love white chocolate! Yum!

julanne says:

Oh My ! Do these look yummy :o) I just checked my pantry, and have everything I need to make these tomorrow. Can’t wait…..thanks :) I have made several other Gooey Butter cakes…as per Paula Deen. They are all good and so much fun to experiment with. Good Job!

Elly says:

Made these tonight! I used regular chocolate chips, since that’s what I was in the mood for. You weren’t kidding when you said the pan would be full! Those marshmallows sure rise. =) Next time I’ll bake these bars on a baking pan, as they hinted and wanting to spill over. (Was lucky!) I loved how easy this recipe was, how quick it came together and how few dishes I had to wash. Love that! More recipes like these, please! Happy eating!

Oh my–can’t wait to make these and maybe take them camping. :) They look so gooey and yummy!

pam says:

just made these and they taste great… yum yum

Taylor says:

I made this for a party with colleagues, and they were a biggest hit! I am a new follower, and this was my first picky-palate recipe, but certainly not my last! =) Thank you!

Love love love love this idea!!
    hugs,
    Heather

rita in mi says:

I made four pans of these this weekend for my sister’s birthday party (four different flavors too) and they were a hit. Both with me (so easy!) and with everyone who ate some. Thanks for posting!

Courtney G. says:

I just made these for beach play date. They are delicious. I couldnt pack them up without trying one. Thanks for another wonderful recipe!

I had to follow up on my first message. Remember, I was going to make these bars for my daughter’s housewarming?! I did and they were a hit with the 80 guests, along with hamburgers, hot dogs and all the usual picnic stuff. Made two 8×8 pans, then cut them so each piece fit in a mini baking paper. That made a lot of pieces. Very rich so the mini size went fast. Kids liked the small size too–just pop the whole thing in your mouth. At the end of the day, there were some leftovers and away they went, to new homes!

BTW, love the way the top bakes up to resemble marshmallows browned over a fire!

Michelle says:

I made these this weekend with my boys and had a great time! They turned out sooo delicious, too! We used half white and half milk chocolate chips for a little twist. I love your fun dessert ideas.

cool says:

I enjoyed the cool posts and bookmarked a couple for later. Thanks.

[...] White Chocolate Cake Bar S’mores (recipe from Picky Palate) [...]

[...] White Chocolate S’mores Gooey Cake Bars: Picky Palate [...]

danielle says:

Just stopping by to let you know that I featured this on my “What I Bookmarked This Week” post today. Stop by and see!

Lindsey says:

These are amazing. We made them (along with at least 10 other desserts) for a party, and they were the first to disappear. Huge Hit!!! Thanks for sharing.

Colleen says:

…This is one of those recipes that should be illegal. It looks so decadent and delicious! I am a s’mores adict. The combination of the crunchy graham, the creamy chocolate, and the fluffy marshmallows is just heavenly. I never thought of throwing white chocolate in there. White chocolate just happens to be my favorite! Can’t wait to try this:)

Lorraine says:

Amazing! The pictures are beautiful and the recipe sounds delicious, however…..you must experience these first hand. Life will never be the same! Thanks for sharing your great ideas!

Leah says:

I made these last night – they took forever to cool off, so I had them for breakfast today! VERY RICH – and VERY EASY! Thatnks for the reminder to use the tin foil and spray it well!

What a great combo of dessert! They look amazing!

Made these last night for my fam and they were a HUGE success. Easy to make, tasted decadent and perfect warm or the next day with coffee. . . . ooops did I just say that? ;)

[...] found this recipe via the super genius Picky Palate blog (official way to make these yummy morsels here), and knew right away that I had to try [...]

Page says:

Just made these! Holy YUM!!! Huge hit! Thank you!

[...] Whole wheat honey bread, chocolate strawberry mousse cake, white chocolate smore gooey bars Like this:LikeBe the first to like this post. from → Uncategorized ← meal [...]

Donna says:

Someone made these at a party I was at this weekend and OMG I had to google the recipe. Just scrumptious that’s all I can say.

Gina says:

OK, mine just went into the oven! Except I was in such a hurry to make them, I left out the whole part about foil!!! Buttered the heck out of my glass pan, so we’ll just have to see how they turn out. Do you think I’m in trouble? We’ll find out in 30 min…

I made them for the housewarming (Comment 47) and they were a hit! Since they were so-o rich, I cut them into bite size pieces and put each in a mini-cupcake paper. Was thinking the cut-off edges would be yummy broken up on vanilla ice cream.

Next week I’m making them again for a local fundraiser. Think I’ll try them with regular chocolate chips, just for the color contrast. This time I can’t eat so many myself ☺

Tracy says:

These are like crack, I told my boyfriend that the fact that I shared them with him was a true sign of our love haha. Thank you for this recipe I can’t wait to try your others!!!

Tiffany says:

I made these when you first posted the recipies now everyone asks me to make these for them!!! i make these like 2 times a month because the recipie is a no-brainer! you cant mess up!
    i have a question though… can you just grease the pan well and not use foil?

Alexis says:

I have had these pinned on my pinterest for a while now and I’m finally making them today. They look incredible…. thanks!!!

Sheila says:

To die for soooooo good.thank you
    Question for you have you ever done 1 box cake mix for top and I box for bottom. Does it still come out? And oh of course calorie free

Jason says:

I’m making these this weekend for my nieces baby shower! She’s having a baby girl so I’ll use pink strawberry cake mix instead of yellow and cut them into cute little bite size triangles, how fun is that?!

[...] of my favorite recipes – one that gets devoured quickly – are the gooey cake bars; both the white chocolate smores and the chocolate [...]

Stacy says:

I just made these today- they are heavenly and delicious! Thank you for another great recipe!

Suzanne says:

These are so good! But then, of course they are, they’re one of your creations!

Lisa Haby says:

Oh my goodness, these look awesome! Can’t wait to try them.

Adria says:

These are super delicious. I made them this week for my daughter and her friends. Thank you for the great treat!

[...] recipe was inspired by this and this recipe from Picky Palate <–she’s [...]

These are in the oven right now! We’re having a big party tomorrow night and I can’t wait to show these off :) Thanks for the recipe!

Stacey says:

Made these this past weekend and took them to a party. They are DELICIOUS and so easy to make. Thanks for the great recipe!

Lis says:

These are AMAZING!!! My friend found these on Pinterest and brought them for dessert during our Pinterst Dinner night! She used milk chocolate chips instead of white and they came out awesome. She will be baking them with white chips as well. I just pulled mine out of the oven…made a batch for my co-workers! My kitchen smells AMAZING!!! Thank you for sharing your recipe!!!

Niona says:

Looks good. I plan to make this.

[...] … I’m loving this awesome new recipe I tried out last [...]

[...] WHITE CHOCOLATE S’MORES BARS (recipe from Picky Palate) [...]

[...] Gooey S’more Bars (slightly adapted from Picky Palate) [...]

Georgia J says:

These look so delicious! I have them in the oven now, a the condensed milk kind of settled in the middle I hope thats not a problem…I can’t wait to taste them!

Emil says:

This. is. amazing!!! Sinful, but amazing like I have never seen something like this before.. The sweetened condensed milk… wow….