Sharing our favorite rice krispie treats today! This rice krispie treat recipe could not be more drool worthy and perfect for parties! Packed with peanut butter cups…it’s a huge hit with guests!
Rice Krispie Treats
You’ve got to make these perfect rice krispie treats for your next party!! If you are a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup fan like we are in this house, then you will want to make these asap! The kids will love helping with this one, it’s great for the whole family, hope you enjoy!!
Try my Toffee Rice Krispie Treats Recipe too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Ingredients for Rice Krispie Treats
Simple ingredients for this delicious treat!
Time to melt your marshmallows, either in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Once melted, add to your rice krispies cereal.
Gooey fantastic! Tip: Butter your mixing spoon, it’s much easier to stir. Don’t forget to mix ingredients quickly before mixture starts to set up.
Prepare the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Layer
Place the peanut butter into a heat proof bowl and microwave until melted and thin. Add chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups to your peanut butter.
Gently stir and pour over krispie treats.
Let the chocolate peanut butter layer set up then cut into squares and serve!
Tips For Making The Best Krispie Treats
- Use fresh marshmallows and cereal. If your marshmallows are old and stale, your treats won’t be great. Brand new bag of marshmallows and cereal recommended.
- Careful when melting your butter, if you brown it, krispie treats tend to be dry.
- By adding slightly more marshmallows, you’ll get a gooey-er krispie treat.
- Add pure vanilla extract or even vanilla bean to your melted marshmallows. So good!
- Butter your pan generously before adding krispie treats to set.
- Butter your hands before pressing krispie treats into pan. Lifesaver.
- I even butter or spray my mixing spoon with cooking spray to stir mixture. Helps big time.
- Add your favorite chocolates to the mix. Chocolate chips, M&M’s….sprinkles. Get creative. Lots of fun options.
Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 Cups rice krispie cereal
- 1 large bag mini marshmallows
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 2 Cups creamy peanut butter
- 50 mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups quartered
- 1 1/2 Cups melted chocolate to drizzle
- Place cereal into a large mixing bowl, set aside.
- Place marshmallows and butter into a large bowl and microwave until puffed up, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the marshmallow mixture from the microwave and pour into cereal. Mix to combine, then pour into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish and press to make even.
- Melt peanut butter until nice and runny, about 45 seconds. Pour in quartered peanut butter cups, stir gently then pour over treats.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over top and refrigerate to harden. When set, cut into squares and serve!
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board!
Looks so delicious and would make a great afternoon snack to make with kids!
wow : thanks
I have to tell you how much I LOVE this recipe! I’ve made it so many times because I keep getting “requests” for it! I’m such a huge fan and so appreciate all of your work in sharing your skills with the blog-world! I just linked up to this recipe on my new blog – it’s the first recipe I’ve shared because it’s such a favorite! Thanks again!
I used Nutella instead of peanut butter, and a chopped up milk chocolate hazelnut candy bar in place of the Reeses cups and it turned out great! Perfect for Nutella Day 2001!
Yummy! I made these, and they went quickly at their destination. I just blogged about them tonight! Thanks for the recipe. 🙂
Oh. My. Lanta. These were to die for! Haha being a teenager, i have a pretty fast metabolism; however, I’m also an only child and knew if i didn’t give these away to neighbors i would devour them all:) The family I gave them to fell in love the minute they saw them. I’m a definate chocoholic, so i used cocoa krispies:) Thanks so much for the recipe!
I just threw my diet out the window! I couldn’t resist – I had to share this with my readers, so I featured you here. YUM!
Hi Jenny, You ispired me and made me hungry so I had to try to make these. I posted the results on my blog, Of course I put my own spin on it and I gave you credit for having the original recipe. I gave my family review at the bottom of the Pics. They were good, but sinful. Check them out here: http://creativetizzy.blogspot.com/2010/07/reeses-peanut-butter-cup-rice-krispie.html
That looks delicious!! As soon as this new baby of mine is not so darn sensitive to chocolate I’ll for sure give this a whirl!
Ok..I just put these in the fridge! It was super easy. I made them to take to my friends picnic this evening. Don’t worry, they won’t melt in this 95 degree weather…all food will be inside! Did I mention that I took a rubber spatula and scraped the remaining peanut butter/meltedey Reese’s cup mixture and licked the spatula clean! Can’t help it…my two favorite things..peanut butter and Reese’s cups! Great recipe!
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!! I can’t even find words…I’m in love…you are a GENIUS! 🙂
I made these for a bbq with friends and the ENTIRE pan was gone. Seriously- I didn’t think rice krispy treats could get much better but these are AMAZING!! Love your blog! I made the Ice Cream Sundae cake last BBQ that was so good too! Thanks for making me look like a pro! 🙂
Okay I am gonna need to make these, my picky eaters will be pick-ing these apart and devouring them. Thanks for the post, drooling….
These are making me drool! Just shared then on FB and ready to do the same on Twitter. YUM!! I am also on batch #3 of the ice cream cookies. Wow! What a fun site 🙂
Oh my goodness! This looks utterly fantastic! I am definately going to make this. I love Reese’s peanutbutter cups! My kids and hubby will gobble these up for sure! I am new to your blog…I found you by way of Summer Harm’s blog. I clicked on her new post for Smithfield and found you there as well. I am so happy I found your blog, and congrats on the Smithfield posting as well!
Great to have you Bonnie! I am excited to meet the other Smithfield bloggers, LOVE Summer’s picture she posted, so cute!!
Thanks for stopping in 🙂
I adore rice krispie treats! I’m sure the addition of peanut butter cups puts them over the top. Wonderful idea.
My little boy just looked over my shoulder and asked if I could make these for him. These are on my list.