These peanut butter rice krispie treats could not be more drool worthy and perfect for parties! Packed with peanut gooey marshmallows, crispy cereal and butter cups…it’s a huge hit with guests!
Table of Contents
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
You’ve got to make these perfect rice krispie treats for your next party!! If you are a peanut butter fan like we are in this house, then you will want to make these asap! The kids will love helping with this one, it’s great for the whole family, hope you enjoy!!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s easy to make with just a few ingredients!
- These treats make the perfect goodie for any occasion.
- They make great neighbor gifts and bake sale treats!
What You’ll Need
Let’s take a look at the ingredients you’ll need to make the best rice krispie treats! See the recipe card located at the bottom of the post for full instructions.
- Rice Krispies Cereal– Make sure you get the Kellogg’s brand, not the off brand.
- Mini Marshmallows– Mini marshmallows can be found in the baking isle of the grocery store.
- Creamy Peanut Butter– Use your favorite brand of creamy peanut butter.
- Chocolate– If you have a Trader Joe’s close by, I use the milk chocolate block and chop myself, it’s wonderful.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups– Use regular size or minis and chop.
How To Make Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Cereal Into Large Bowl. Place cereal into a large mixing bowl, set aside.
Melt Marshmallows. Place marshmallows and butter into a large bowl and microwave until puffed up, about 3 minutes.
Combine Marshmallows and Cereal. Remove the marshmallow mixture from the microwave and pour into cereal. Mix to combine.
Transfer Treats to Baking Dish. Pour into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish and press to make even.
Melt Peanut Butter/Add Peanut Butter Cups. Melt peanut butter until nice and runny, about 45 seconds. Pour in quartered peanut butter cups, stir gently then pour over treats.
Pour Melted Mixture Over Treats. Drizzle melted chocolate over top and refrigerate to harden. When set, cut into squares and serve!
Tips For Making The Best Peanut Butter Krispie Treats
- Use fresh marshmallows and cereal. If your marshmallows are old and stale, your treats won’t be great. Brand new bag of marshmallows and cereal recommended.
- Careful when melting your butter, if you brown it, krispie treats tend to be dry.
- By adding slightly more marshmallows, you’ll get a gooey-er krispie treat.
- Add pure vanilla extract or even vanilla bean to your melted marshmallows. So good!
- Butter your pan generously before adding krispie treats to set.
- Butter your hands before pressing krispie treats into pan. Lifesaver.
- I even butter or spray my mixing spoon with cooking spray to stir mixture. Helps big time.
- Add your favorite chocolates to the mix. Chocolate chips, M&M’s….sprinkles. Get creative. Lots of fun options.
How To Serve
Serve these peanut butter krispie treats for any occasion where dessert is needed! They’re great for bake sales and neighbor gifts too.
Store leftover treats in an airtight container sitting at room temperature. Treats get very hard when put in the refrigerator.
Try More Krispie Treats Recipe!
Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 Cups rice krispie cereal
- 1 large bag mini marshmallows
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 2 Cups creamy peanut butter
- 50 mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups quartered
- 1 1/2 Cups melted chocolate to drizzle
- Place cereal into a large mixing bowl, set aside.
- Place marshmallows and butter into a large bowl and microwave until puffed up, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the marshmallow mixture from the microwave and pour into cereal. Mix to combine, then pour into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish and press to make even.
- Melt peanut butter until nice and runny, about 45 seconds. Pour in quartered peanut butter cups, stir gently then pour over treats.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over top and refrigerate to harden. When set, cut into squares and serve!