Sep
2011

Bacon Parmesan Spaghetti with Asparagus, Corn and Heirloom Tomatoes

Tags: , , , , ,

Dinner

This colorful flavor packed pasta is my new best friend.  I have been enjoying it’s company all weekend long.  Excited to share it with you.

Here is your simple line up of ingredients.  Nice and easy!

I like to start with the bacon, get it nice and crisp.  Set it aside to cool.

I LOVE baby heirloom tomatoes.  Roast them in the oven with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.  They turn out incredible!!

If you can’t find these tomatoes, feel free to use baby cherry tomatoes in their place.

Lovely!!

Time to cook the pasta.  You can actually cook the pasta way ahead of time to save yourself a little extra time in the kitchen.

Chop and saute some nice onions.

Add 1 ear of fresh corn kernels.

I am kinda in love with asparagus.  Chop it up into 1 inch pieces and add it to the pot.

Now, add your cooked pasta, bacon, the cooked tomatoes and Parmesan cheese!

Give it all a nice toss with a few pinches of salt and pepper.

Ahhhh, time to enjoy!!

Bacon Parmesan Spaghetti with Asparagus, Corn and Heirloom Tomatoes

1 pound bacon

3 cups baby heirloom tomatoes

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 pound thin spaghetti noodles

1 cup finely diced white onion

1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels

2 1/2 cups asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces

1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Cook bacon in large Dutch oven or pot until crisped and brown. Transfer cooked bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain oil. Once cooled, crumble into small pieces. Reserve bacon drippings. Place heirloom tomatoes onto a medium baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until juices start flowing and skin splits.

3. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and run under cold water to stop cooking. Set aside.

4. Place 2 tablespoons bacon drippings into a large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook stirring until tender, about 5 minutes. Add corn and asparagus, cooking and stirring for 5 minutes. Add cooked pasta, bacon, tomatoes and Parmesan Cheese. Toss gently. Drizzle in 2 additional tablespoons of bacon drippings. Season according to your liking with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve warm.

Makes 8 servings

_____________________________________

Have a great new week!  Come back soon!

Comments

I love all the veggies. Corn, asparagus, the tomatoes. I LOVE heirlooms and baby heirlooms are just even cuter :)

Great lighting on the plate, too.

Your photography is always so beautiful, Jenny!

Kathryn says:

This looks absolutely delicious! I love using roast tomatoes in pasta dishes and this looks so tasty.

now this is my kind of pasta!

Mmmm this sounds awesome! So colourful and healthy looking.

What a beautiful meal! Bacon just seems to make dishes better, right? :)

such cute little heirloom tomatoes! sounds like a perfect dish of pasta to me :)

This looks delicious! I love pasta dishes that are jam-packed with veggies…and BACON! Yum!

Look at all this deliciousness packed into this dish! I love it. The bacon of course seals the deal.

This is one pretty looking pasta!

Bev Weidner says:

Yep. I have just died and gone to bacon parmesan spaghetti with asparagus, corn and heirloom tomatoes heaven.

They have cable here!

Deborah says:

I love it when you post savory dishes – this one looks fantastic! Those tomatoes have my mouth watering. I need to try this one asap!!

Oh wow, this dish is so gorgeous–I have no problem believing it’ll be equally delicious! I love pastas that are combined with a bunch of fresh and flavorful veggies. Definitely a dinner that’s in my future. :)

It’s like an end of summer pasta! Delicious!

My kind of recipe! yUMMY!

What a lovely recipe for an end of summer dinner!

This looks divine! I wonder if you could sub green beans for the asparagus since asparagus is no longer in season around here?

Connie says:

This colorful dish looks so delicious! I love that it is simple, with the focus on the fresh flavors and colors of the fresh produce.

VickiT says:

Oh my gosh! This just made me REALLY hungry. What a great looking recipe. Yum.

Crystal says:

This looks AMAZING!! I can’t wait to try this on the fam this week!

OMG!!!! This looks crazy delicious. I can’t wait to put it together in my own kitchen – I have those baby heirloom tomatoes already waiting on my counter and I think I am going to substitute the bacon for turkey bacon. yummyy

Amye Kelly says:

I was at the grocery when I first saw your post, so I picked up the ingredients and made it for dinner tonight. DELICIOUS!! My husband said it tasked like Bravos and my kids had two helpings. Thanks!!

Sounds interesting…I’d like to try it.

SmithRatliff says:

Yum—all of our favorite things! We’ve used corn and heirloom tomatoes a lot recently too.

Gail B says:

yup. gonna taste this soon! looks so pretty :)

Gail B says:

Just tried it! Loved it! So glad it makes a lot! Next time I think I’ll throw in a couple of pinches of red chilli pepper seeds for an added kick but otherwise YUMMY!

Steve says:

I want a bowl of this! Totally looks like something I would make for my family.

This recipe looks scrumptious! And I have all the ingredients on hand!

Love this pasta dish!

So simple and so vibrant! I love how your step-by-step photos are even more art than they are helpful! Really stunning dish and site, as usual!

I could happily eat this pasta all day. A little taste of bacon always makes an otherwise-light pasta dish taste so decadent without going overboard.

Marla says:

Jenny I love this quick & easy…filled with flavor family dinner :)

[...] Roasted Chicken and Parmesan and Lemon peas Cucumber and Orzo pasta Cauliflower Gratin and salad + leftover chicken Enchilada Casserole Beef Stew Chicken and Broccoli Casserole Bacon, tomato and parmesan pasta [...]

Sabrina Murphy says:

this looks amazing…I would love to know the nutritional value of this delicious meal… MMMM My daughter just introduced me to your blog…I have more than one recipe I want to make… YUMMY!

[...] and I had a delicious dinner last night.  I found this recipe a few weeks back on Picky Palate’s blog and was saving it until Tim got home.  It has a [...]

[...] Bacon Parmesan Spaghetti with Asparagus, Corn and Heirloom Tomatoes by Picky Palate [...]

[...] Pasta from Pinch of Yum Artichoke with Sun Dried Tomato Goat Cheese Pasta from Spoon Fork Bacon Bacon Parmesan Spaghetti with Asparagus, Corn and Heirloom Tomatoes from Picky [...]