Sharing one of my favorite pasta recipes today! This Bacon Parmesan Summer Pasta is perfect for a quick fix dinner any night of the week! Packed with all of your favorite summer ingredients!
We make pasta recipes every week. This simple pasta dish is colorful and could not be more simple to prepare. Use your favorite vegetables that you have in the refrigerator. Just about any of your favorites will do! Love these simple dinner recipes! Hope you enjoy!
Try my Chicken Caprese Pasta Recipe too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
I LOVE baby heirloom tomatoes. Roast them in the oven with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. They turn out incredible!!
If you can’t find these tomatoes, feel free to use baby cherry tomatoes in their place.
Easy Dinner Ideas
Look at this giant bowl of pasta! Gulp.
How To Cook Perfect Pasta
- Boil water in a large pot
To make sure pasta doesn’t stick together, use a good 4 quarts of water for every pound of noodles.
- Salt the water with at least a tablespoon of kosher salt
The salt adds flavor to the pasta.
- Add pasta
Pour pasta into boiling water. Don’t break the pasta; it will start cooking/soften up within 30 seconds and fit into the pot.
- Stir the pasta
As the pasta starts to cook, stir it well so the noodles don’t stick to each other.
- Test the pasta by tasting it
Follow the cooking time on the package, but it’s a good idea to taste the pasta before draining to make sure the texture is right. Pasta cooked properly should be al dente—a little chewy.
- Drain the pasta
Drain cooked pasta well in a colander.
Beautiful. Enjoy friends!
Bacon Parmesan Summer Pasta
- 1 pound bacon
- 3 cups baby heirloom tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound thin spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup finely diced white onion
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 1/2 cups asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook bacon in large Dutch oven or pot until crisped and brown. Transfer cooked bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain oil. Once cooled, crumble into small pieces. Reserve bacon drippings. Place heirloom tomatoes onto a medium baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until juices start flowing and skin splits.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and run under cold water to stop cooking. Set aside.
- Place 2 tablespoons bacon drippings into a large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook stirring until tender, about 5 minutes. Add corn and asparagus, cooking and stirring for 5 minutes. Add cooked pasta, bacon, tomatoes and Parmesan Cheese. Toss gently. Drizzle in 2 additional tablespoons of bacon drippings. Season according to your liking with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve warm.