Sep
2011

Oreo and Peanut Butter Brownie Cakes

Tags: ,

Desserts

Well these naughty little treats are well….naughty but oh so necessary.  There are a bit like my Brownie Covered Oreo’s from last Christmas but enhanced with layers of peanut butter and a double decker stack of Oreos in each little brownie cake.  They are simply prepared in cupcake liners.

Hope you enjoy this ultra sweet little cake :)

Ok, I have to brag about this brownie mix from Trader Joes for a second.  I know not everyone has a Trader Joes near by, however if you do, get a load of their ready to pour baking mix.  I am in love!  Other than a brownie mix, you just need some of your favorite peanut butter and some Oreos.  You can even use the Trader Joe’s Jo Jo’s :)

Break out 24 Oreo Cookies.

Some of your favorite peanut butter.

Spread a teaspoon of peanut butter over Oreo #1.

Press a second Oreo right on top :)

One more teaspoon right on top.

Place the little stack right into a cupcake lined muffin cup.

Like so :)

Take your brownie mix….

…and spoon a couple tablespoons right over top, letting it run around the edges of the cookies.

Mmmm!  Time to bake!  350 degrees F. for 18-20 minutes.

Ahhhh, wait until you cut them in half.  Too fun!

Oreo and Peanut Butter Brownie Cakes

1 box brownie mix, 8×8 inch size

24 Oreo Cookies

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 12 muffin cup baker with paper liners.

2. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. For each cupcake cup spread 1 teaspoon of peanut butter over 2 Oreo cookies and stack them on top of each other. Spoon 2 Tablespoons of brownie batter over each stacked oreos and let it run down the sides of the cookies. If you have left over brownie batter, bake separately in a separate baker or muffin tin. Bake cookies and brownies for 18 to 20 minutes, until brownies are cooked through. Let cool completely then serve.

Makes 12 servings

___________________________________

Enjoy!  Come back soon :)

Comments

Jen says:

I can’t wait to try this!!

Lauren B says:

I made these tonight with my sorority sisters at school – everyone was in awe of how AMAZING they were!!!
    we’ll definitely be baking our fair share of your recipes in the year to come :)

momof3 says:

WOW!!!! These are sooo good! Really easy and delicious!

Oh my goodness… how do you come up with this stuff?!?!?! Amazing

[...] desserts are a recipe category that can sometimes send you straight to confession (check out these Oreo and Peanut Butter Brownie Cakes, for instance) but this week I have two sweet recipes that are pretty much [...]

Kim says:

I tried these over the weekend and they were quite a hit with everyone. While pulling out the brownie mixings, I thought to myself… hmmm… I wonder how this would taste with Nutella instead of peanut butter. I have to say that everyone who tried one really enjoyed it.

I just found your blog. I think I might love you :)

Except just today I vowed to be a bit healtier. Sigh.

Scott says:

I just made these and I do have to say….GENIUS. They are so good. I put my own twist on the second batch I made after the first. Instead of peanut butter, I made homemade strawberry puree and replaced that with the peanut butter. AMAZING. This is such a great recipe.

Jenna Leigh says:

I wonder if this would work with some pumpkin in place of the peanut butter. Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are my favorite and this could be an awesome riff on those. PS, love everything you do on here, and so do my co workers when I bring your recipes to work to test out on them.

Sarah says:

I’ve been using your recipe for this so many occasions lately! i love it! :)

Stacy says:

Does anybody have any good tips for thinning out a brownie batter? I have a great brownie recipe I make but it’s a bit on the thicker side. I’d rather use that than buy a mix if I can.

Holly says:

Made these yesterday. Delish! Easy! Amazing! The oreos remained crunchy. I was hoping for a softer oreo after being bake but I also think that I may have slightly overbaked them. Either way, will make again!

jenny says:

I want to make these for my sons’ double birthday party tomorrow (as those are all of their favorite things!) but no idea what icing to use. I know someone said above it would be too sweet but it’s not a cupcake without a little icing.
    Any suggestions on one that wouldn’t make these over the top sweet? Maybe peanut butter icing?

Diana B. says:

Oh my goodness, these look DELICIOUS!!! I can’t wait to try these!!

Bianca says:

I don’t live in a state that has Trader Joe’s…how can I still make these?! I desperately want to try…will I just have to mix together all the brownie ingredients of another brand on my own? Or is there something similar I can try?

Emma says:

I just put my second batch in the oven and taste-tested the first. It’s simple, cheap, and great for a college budget. One thing I would say is that they are VERY rich, so don’t let you eyes be too much bigger than your stomach. I put too much peanut butter in the first batch, so the sweet-salty ratio wasn’t right, but that was easily fixed and hopefully the next batch will taste even better. I used the cheapest brownie mix (fudge variety) and “Oreo”-type cookies I could find and had no problems with taste, texture, or thickness. I used 2 and 1/2 packs of cookies and a full box of brownie mix, which made 2 dozen.

Thanks for a great, guilty-pleasure treat!

Sarah Reaves says:

Made these last night for GNO/Bunco party. What a hit! Delish and EASY! I used the Reynolds baking cups and they peeled very nicely from the Brownie. I used the Pilsbury Chocolate Fudge box. DELISH!

Melissa says:

just put a batch in the oven. i accidentally got the TJ’s brownie mix that’s pour-and-bake, but hey, it makes the clean-up that much easier. i LOVE the idea of using pumpkin instead of peanut butter. i think i’ll try that next time. yum!

Catriona says:

Just this minute made these really for no reason other than curiosity! They are SCRUMMY!!! I just had one, fresh from the oven. However, in an effort to help my self-control, I only made 6 and am freezing the rest uncooked, with a view to defrosting them before baking at a later date. I really don’t need too many of these hanging around in the kitchen…!

Louanne says:

You are a genius! I just pulled these out of the oven and took my first bite. Now I am in chocolate, peanut butter heaven! Thanks for posting the recipe.

Evin Cooper says:

These look SO AMAZING. I’m baking for AustinBakes – a bake sale to raise funds for the recent Central Texas wildfires – and I’m making these! I blogged about it here: http://www.foodgoodlaundrybad.com/2011/09/austin-bakes-for-bastrop.html

I linked back to your recipe and your blog – so amazing! I borrowed an image, too, since I haven’t cooked these yet, but I gave plenty of credit and left your watermark. If you need me to take it down, I understand – email me and let me know!

Thanks for sharing such a great recipe!

[...] you’re having a dinner party or need to bake for a big group of people, this Oreo and peanut butter brownie cake recipe by Picky Palate is for you.  You don’t need many ingredients, the directions are super easy [...]

[...]     montec Moderator Wife showed me this figured I'd share Oreo and Peanut Butter Brownie Cakes | Picky Palate _____________________________________________ 1979 Monte Carlo with a 400hp+ 350ci. 1983 T10 [...]

Erin says:

Wow that looks rich! Yummy!

Sharon says:

There are no words. My head just exploded. I am so excited to try these!

Sherry says:

Would these be okay to mail? My daughter is in college and she would love these!!!

[...] mold in pre-heated oven. Bake according to recommended temperature on recipe.Price:$9.99Read MoreLittle brownie bites—just the right size for parties and snacks. One 8 x 8 in. size brownie mix ma…"nofollow" target="_blank">Little brownie bites—just the right size for parties and snacks. One 8 [...]

Anna says:

I just made these with Halloween Oreos for my party tomorrow night. Amazing! Thanks for the great recipe.

[...] Oreo and Peanut Butter Brownie Cakes from Picky Palate [...]

Tammy says:

OMG! I am making these tonight! I have a bag of oreo’s and a box of brownies that need to eatten. These look amazing. I am bring them to a pot luck lunch at work tomorrow. Everyone is going to die!!!

Amber, RD says:

I think I am in love with this recipe. So simple, but soooo yummy!

iceladypnsfl says:

Can I say yummy!! These have been the favorite so far this Christmas baking round. Had to bake a round 2 of these, since when I make them there are 14. We love Oreos!!

[...] take credit for the idea. The wheels in my brain started turning when I saw them over at Picky Palate. She always has the most clever bar and cookie recipes. Although, I will say that I put my own [...]

That looks both fun and delicious! I am trying that out for sure! Thank you for great idea.

Kathy says:

These look incredible! And thanks for the tip on the TJs premade mixes!

Sarah says:

These look FABULOUS!!! Have you ever tried them with Peanut Butter Oreos?

Sophia says:

OMG that looks awesome!! <3 sure I'm going to try them!!

Erin says:

Made them tonight for hubby and guests- very yummy!! I made these with just one double stuff Oreo and PB spread on top covered in the brownie batter. I think everyone loved them before they even tried them after I told them the main ingredients :)

meg says:

I can’t believe I haven’t thought of doing this. These are things we consume all the time. Why not put them together. This is a must try. Thanks for the post.

Stephanie says:

I made these with the organic ingredients I had on hand, the 365 brand of “Oreos”, Dr. Oetker’s brownie mix, and Earth’s Balance peanut butter. I added a little boiling water to the brownie mix to get the right consistency. My 8 and 5 year old girls who helped were so impressed with how these baked up and were licking their lips as they ate them. Each brownie weighed a ton, man. These were decadent!! I would be curious to see how a single Oreo and less brownie mix would bake up in a mini muffin pan. I will need to experiment! Also, wondered if anyone has substituted Nutella (or equivalent!) and if it worked as well as the peanut butter. Thanks for the fun recipe!!

MrPbros says:

So So…. I’m loving it… :))

These look so good and tasty! I will be making these very soon.

[...] from Picky Palate What you need: 1 box brownie mix and ingredients brownie mix calls for (I used Betty Crocker, 1.50 [...]

[...] I know not everyone has a Trader Joes near by, however if you do, get a load of their ready to pour baking mix. I am in love! Oreo and Peanut Butter Brownie Cakes | Picky Palate – StumbleUpon [...]

Nina R. says:

These were a hit today! Everyone at work loved them, I’m not a sweets person but I had one with ice cream and it was Delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

[...] Oreo and Peanut Butter Brownie Cakes | Picky Palate [...]

[...] Oreo and Peanut Butter Brownie Cakes | Picky Palate Other recipes you may enjoy… Enjoy! Come back soon [...]

Clair Boone says:

Fortunately for me I don’t do peanut butter and chocolate mixed BUT Hubby would love them and I’m soooo gonna break them out soon! Thanks girl :) Clair http://mummydeals.org/category/recipes/