Dec
2011

Chocolate Cake Reeses Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies

Tags: ,

Cookies

Let the cookie baking season begin!  Not like I needed the Holidays to bake cookies, but it seems a bit more fun during the Christmas season doesn’t it?

This is a simple, one bowl chocolate lovers cookie that is perfect for any Christmas plate.  Your friends and neighbors will LOVE you when these are given as gifts.

Hope you enjoy!  xoxo

Here is your 5 ingredient line up, can’t beat that!

In no particular order, place your ingredients into a large mixing bowl.

I started with the cake mix.

Pour in your melted butter.

Add your eggie.

Add your chocolate chips.  I chose the mini’s.

YUM!

Time for the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.

Place 25 of them in a ziplock bag and give them a good smash.

Once smashed, add them right to the bowl.

Scoop onto your cookie sheet.

With your fingers, press each cookie down about 1/2 inch.

Perfect little cookie if I don’t say so myself :)  Enjoy!

Chocolate Cake Reeses Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies

1 box devils food cake mix

1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted (if dough seems too dry, add 2 more Tbsp melted butter)

1 large egg

2 cups mini chocolate chips

25 mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silpat liner.

2. Place all ingredients into a large bowl mixing until combined. I find it easiest to mix with hands. If dough seems too dry, you can add 2 additional Tablespoons melted butter.  With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto baking sheet placed 1 inch apart. Bake for 13-15 minutes until cooked through. Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack.

Makes 3 dozen cookies

________________________

Have a great day!  Come back soon :)

Comments

Jenny these look so good and I’ve seen other recipes that just call for a box of cake mix to make cookies..and you proved that I MUST try this. And add all those Reese’s…YUM

They look rich, moist and perfect! :)

These sound divine! I bet they are really rich too, but that’s okay! I love chocolate and peanut butter, especially Reese’s cups.

Amanda says:

These look so good! Reese’s = heaven in a bite. I am also a HUGE fan of peanut butter and banana’s, so I wonder how this recipe would taste substituting a banana cake mix instead of the chocolate? I might have to test this out :)

I love the idea of cake mix cookies, so simple yet so smart! And of course you got me with peanut butter and chocolate:-)

Jessica says:

I’ve got to Pin this one. Thanks Jenny, I’ll add it to my Christmas baking list. :) Hope you are well in Cali. Are you still teaching Pilates? Take care. Jess

runningtobeskinny.com

Gloria says:

If I made these the dough wouldn’t even make it to the cookie sheet!

Had to read this title multiple times…because my head was spinning! LOVE IT!

These sound so yummy! I love the cake batter idea. Awesome.

This cookie looks so good! And made extra simple with boxed cake mix. Great recipe!

I love how easy the recipe is! The pictures of the raw dough make me positively swoon :)

PB and chocolate-always a good choice!

Erin says:

You make some of the best cookies! Love these.

Melanie says:

I am ALL over these! Yum!

Julie Chiou says:

ahh, love it! reese’s are my FAVORITE!!

Sheila R says:

YUM! I have it all on hand except the cake mix! Now I know what I’ll be making for Monday’s cookie exchange!

Wow! These look wonderful. I love Reese’s!

heather bell says:

Ok, now we’re talking!! bellesbazaar-heather.blogspot.com

Shelley B says:

Can you suggest a substition for the Peanut Butter Cups? Im just not a PB fan but would love to make a variation of these.

Savorique says:

The best place to get the Nestle chocolate chips is Costco, so cheap there!

These cookies look absolutely delicious! And I love the convenience of starting with a cake mix. Great recipe.

Kathy L. says:

Wow. These look so yummy (but I really didn’t need to see this post at breakfast time). Now all I want to do is eat chocolate. LOL

these are mouthwatering. I can’t wait to try this recipe!

Lauren says:

How easy are these? And they look absolutely perfect!!

i have seen several cookie recipes calling for cake mix but none look and beautiful as yours. Adding the chocolate bits and crushed peanut butter cups make these cookies absolutely irresistible!

Can I have these for lunch instead of what I brought to the office???

You have no idea how happy these cookies make me :) These cookies are calling my name.

Love cake cookies, It so great to be able to do so many varietys with the same base. and they’re pretty quick too. Really like the peanut butter and chocolate ones

mel tardy says:

just drooled on my keyboard….seriously

kim says:

oh how i hate you for posting this. i am about to have a chocolate attack and hurt somebody at my office if i don’t get some chocolate. hahah. yumm. love cake mix cookies!!! def going to make these!!!

I don’t dare make these or I will hide them from my family and eat them all! They look delicious. You just can’t go wrong with Reese’s.

ZOMG! Amazing! Anything Reeses and Im in :)

My husband would love these! His two favorite things chocolate and peanut butter.

Wow – those sound so good. If I had reeces on hand I would be making them right now – or maybe when the kids went to bed so I didn’t have to share. Can’t wait to try them! Thanks for the great recipes! Susan

Cassie says:

I love cookies made from cake mix. The texture is the best. This is a great combination!

Marty says:

Devil’s Food Cake mix cookies are the best. They stay so moist and lend themselves to so many additions. Love this recipe. I made a variation once with cream cheese mixed in and absolutely loved them. Thanks!

Katie says:

These are in my oven right now.. but my dough was really crumbly and Im afraid the cookies are just going to fall apart! Also you should add in the printed recipe that you need to press the cookies down on the pan – I forgot that step cause I was just looking at the printed version. :)

Xtine says:

I made them today, and my dough was really crumbly too. I added 2 T more butter and it held together much better. My 9 yr old taste tester declared them better than a Snickers, and that’s really high praise from her!

[...]  Cheese frosting and sprinkled with GRANDMA DONNA'S PEANUT BRITTLE crushed and sprinkled on top.Grandma Donna's Banana Cake 1 Banana Cake Mix (pudding in the mix is best) 4 eggs 1 ripe banana. mas…Cream  Cheese frosting and sprinkled with GRANDMA DONNA'S PEANUT BRITTLE crushed and sprinkled on [...]

My goodness… These look amazing! And so simple! Definitely part of my cookie box this year.

Gia says:

I must try these! They look so good! LOVE!

Such a time saver, using cake batter. Those cookies are so drool-worthy!!

Jessica Waters says:

does anyone have a recipe for the cookie part that’s not a mix? I have allergies, but I would love a moist chocolate cookie recipe for this. thanks!

Deborah says:

I always love your cookie creations!!

*adds mini Reese cups to grocery list*

Wow as always, these look glorious! You never seize to amaze me with goodness!

So gonna make these for my neighbor/friend Christmas plates this year. They just look way to good not to!!

MikeVFMK says:

You are the cookie queen. Dessert queen. Anything sweet guru. These look delicious, Jenny!

BBQ Bill says:

I love the milk bottle… I can’t find that style of bottle any more… i can barely rmember having a milkman and milk box as a a kid