Dec
2011

Cinnamon M&M Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tags: , ,

Cookies

Over Christmas break last week, I was shopping with my mom and I spotted these fabulous Cinnamon M&M’s.  I knew right away I had to bake a fun cookie with them!  My first thought before I tried the M&M’s was that they were going to be spicy, but they are very mild.  It’s the normal milk chocolate center with a hint of cinnamon.  I really enjoyed them.

As my mom and I were making these cookies, I posted about them on Instagram (my obsession) and come to find out my good friend Maria of Two Peas and Their Pod   made about the same cookies over Christmas break too :)  It’s no secret that Maria and I LOVE baking cookies and it seems we have the same great taste in cookies :)  We decided to post our Cinnamon M&M Cookies on the same day….today!  Make sure to check out Maria’s cookie too on her fabulous blog:)

Hope you can pick up a bag of Cinnamon M&M’s, my mom and I found ours at Target.  I need to stock up on a few more bags to take home!

Now…..let’s talk cookies.

Here are those yummy M&M’s.  I am assuming they are out for the Holidays, so if you can’t find them, traditional M&M’s work great too:)

Nothing crazy here, start by creaming your butter and sugar.

Add your granulated sugar too :)

So fun having my mom help me, I got these fun egg shots :)

Add your vanilla.

Time for your dry ingredients.

Cinnamon!

I added oatmeal too.  LOVE :)

Chocolate chips.

I used milk chocolate for these cookies, but use whatever your family enjoys!

The dough was to die for, you gotta try a little!

I like to add my M&M’s right on top of the cookies rather than add them to the dough, but whatever you prefer is fine.

Press em’ right on top and they are ready for the oven!

How fun do these look?!  Love!

Hope you enjoy!  xoxo

Cinnamon M&M Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks softened unsalted butter

3/4 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup packed light brown sugar

2 eggs

1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract

3 cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 cup rolled oats

10 ounce bag chocolate chips

1 9.90 ounce bag Cinnamon M&M’s

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.

2. In a stand or electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla mixing until well combined.

3. Place flour, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl, mix to combine then add slowly to mixing bowl, mixing on low speed. Add cinnamon, rolled oats and chocolate chips. Mix until just combined. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. Press cookies down about 1/2 inch to flaten slightly. Press 5 cinnamon M&M’s onto each cookie. Bake for 9-12 minutes, until baked to your liking. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack. Now…time to eat :) Enjoy!

Makes 3 dozen cookies

______________________________

Have a great day!  Come back soon!

Comments

Those M&M’s sound yummy! I didn’t see them- the only new flavor of M&M’s I found, were cherry cordial M&M’s. I love M&M’s and will snatch up new flavors every time!!
    Hmmm, the internet says they are exclusive to Target…so I think I will be making a trip this week- hopefully they will still have some.

Normunds says:

Hi! Very nice recipe and I shall try it these holidays.

Ha, I just got so confused! I literally JUST read Maria’s post… great cookies, ladies!

Sibylle says:

They look cute! Very nice for children!

Great minds think alike (you and Maria) and I was just on her blog, too, and both of your cookies make me wanna start baking!

so bright and festive! love these :)

You and Maria are so cute! I’ve been wanting to try these Cinnamon M&Ms!

cookies look perfect! love the addition of cinnamon to those cookies :) I love cinnamon on anything!

Megan says:

Yes, the M&Ms are Target exclusive! I got a bag for a stocking stuffer before Christmas, but maybe I should go back and get a few more…

We saw those M&M’s and we’re sure about them but this recipe makes me think I should see if there are a few floating around at after Christmas sales!

Anything with cinnamon and chocolate are bound to be delicious! How fun to bake with your mom– it’s one of my favorite things too!

I love this idea! I just saw these new M&Ms at Walmart..I should have bought them!

I bet those are great in an oatmeal cookie! I tried those M&Ms in a apple butter cookie a little bit ago too.

What??? Cinnamon M&M’s don’t exist in France or England!!!

AmyRuth says:

I like the way you start the new year….. cookies and more cookies
    AmyRuth

Deborah says:

I love that you two made similar cookies – and they look so much alike! Now I just need to decide which to make first! Or maybe I should just make a batch of both :)

I totally need to find these M&M’s!

Yay for cookies! I love that we made similar cookie recipes. Now you just need to come visit so we can actually bake together! Love ya girl!

I know! When we get together to bake one of these days, we will be cookie baking maniacs! I can’t wait :) So glad we made the same cookies, it was fun posting together today :) xoxox

Ha – I was literally JUST reading Maria’s blog and then came here – I was so confused! I had the cinnamon M&M’s and didn’t love them, but at the end of the day they’re still M&M’s, so you know. :) Really hoping they come out with some more fun flavors to get us through winter!

These sound fabulous!! I make a coffee cake that calls for chocolate and cinnamon…it’s a really great combo!!

Sue says:

So many great flavors in one cookie! They look so pretty too:)

Janelle says:

I saw these at Target, too, and grabbed a bag to try. I was a little disappointed. I was hoping for a little more spice. My mom looooooooves cinnamon, and I told her about them. She looked all over but couldn’t find them anywhere. I found them for her at another Target (I live in Ohio, she lives in Connecticut, and I found the second bag in California while visiting family). I wonder if Target is the only place you can find them.

I’ve never seen cinnimon M&M’s……what a great idea for oatmeal cookies…..sounds delicious!

you guys get all the good products! can’t find the cinnamon ones! booo

Cassie says:

I couldn’t wait to see the recipe after seeing your instragram picture. They sound incredible, and right up my alley!

Seeing these twice in one day (on Maria’s blog too) is kind of torturous ;) Especially since I was trying to detox off sugar for a few days! haha
    M&M’s are my weakenss and these look delicious!

Pat says:

I agree with Janelle- I was disappointed in them… they tasted like plain milk chocolate M&Ms to me. But your recipe with the extra cinnamon and oatmeal sounds yummy! I do have to say the Cinnamon M&Ms would make a pretty Valentine cookie with the different shades of red!

Love the details that you photograph in your posts! Thanks for sharing the recipe !

A Southern Bee Diary

Lauren says:

Your cookies look picture perfect! Now that I’m living in Portland, there’s a Target 10 minutes away! Score! Gotta get me a bag before I can’t find them until next year!

Angela says:

I have my third pan of cookies in the oven right now… They are delicious! The M&Ms are yummy on their own, but I bought a couple bags (50% off at Target right now!). Thanks for another great recipe! :)

beti says:

they look incredibly good, so soft and perfect! the whole combination is great I love your blog!

These look great Jenny! I need to find cinnamon M&Ms near me!

Happy New Year 2012!!! Paix, amour, bonheur et santé!!! (Peace, love, happiness, health) to you and your family. Long life to your blog! And thank you for the recipes (Darn it, I’m French and I’m learning from an American! ;))

Sparkle

Marty says:

These cinnamon m&m’s are on super-sale at Target right now! I am gonna give them a try.

Alyssa says:

These cookies look delish! I am now regretting not getting these m&m’s when I saw them!

[...] been DYING to make cookies for days now, ever since he saw me checking out these amazing looking Cinnamon M&M Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. Our cookies were decidedly less fancy, but I did have all the ingredients in my pantry, so this is [...]

[...] and thought they’d be great in some cookies. I took to the Web, and not surprisingly, Picky Palate already had an oatmeal cookie recipe using these things, and she had a similar story with her [...]

Katie says:

These were awesome! The cookie can actually hold the weight of the M&Ms, which I have found to be a problem with some other recipes. We really enjoyed them :)

Ashley says:

These were awesome! I made them today and will be blogging about them at healthyfoodiequest.blogspot.com :)

[...] Is there anyone who doesn’t like M&M chocolate? I think the answer is no. Absolutely, we love both its polychrome colors and various tastes. Though you love them very much, affirmatively you’ve never mix chocolate chips, oatmeal and cookies together. Feel free to add as much M&M chocolate as you like, you will be amazed at the wonderful taste and crispy texture of this cookie. Cinnamon M&M Oatmeal Chocolate is exclusive and will make this cookie a great combo! I’m sure you couldn’t wait to see the recipe after seeing the delightful picture, so click it! At picky-palate.com [...]

Samantha says:

Where’s the liquids at? I followed everything and the mixture was just like powder. I had to add 3/4 cups of water and 2 cups of butter before it became more of a dough. And there’s too much cinnamon in my opinion which kinda makes it dry. I would put 3/4 cup of cinnamon.