Sharing our favorite oatmeal cookies today! These Bakery Style Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies are large perfectly crisp yet soft cookies that will bring a smile to everyones faces!
It’s another cookie recipe day! We all know those are my favorite days, lol! I could seriously create cookies everyday. One of my favorite things to do 🙂 I made these cookies extra large, but feel free to use a normal size cookie scoop if you’d like. If you choose to make a smaller cookie, adjust your baking time accordingly. These babies do NOT disappoint. Enjoy!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
For the love of chocolate chunks!! Is there anything better? I think not 🙂
Best Oatmeal Cookies
I used about a 3 tablespoon size cookie scoop. Leave a good 2 inches if you bake large cookies like this.
Crispy around the edges, soft and chocolate magic in the middle.
Hope you enjoy!!
Tips For Making The Best Cookies
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Do not ever grease your cookie sheets. Will make cookies spread and change texture.
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookies. Cookies will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before storing in containers. This will keep their crispness
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
Bakery Style Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 heaping cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla beating until well combined. Slowly add flour, oats, salt, baking soda and chocolate chunks until just combined. With a large cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 14-15 minutes, until golden brown around edges. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing. Serve warm or room temperature.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board