Bakery Style Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Sharing our favorite oatmeal cookies today! These Bakery Style Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies are large perfectly crisp yet soft cookies that will bring a smile to everyones faces!
It’s another cookie recipe day! We all know those are my favorite days, lol! I could seriously create cookies everyday. One of my favorite things to do 🙂 I made these cookies extra large, but feel free to use a normal size cookie scoop if you’d like. If you choose to make a smaller cookie, adjust your baking time accordingly. These babies do NOT disappoint. Enjoy!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
For the love of chocolate chunks!! Is there anything better? I think not 🙂
Best Oatmeal Cookies
I used about a 3 tablespoon size cookie scoop. Leave a good 2 inches if you bake large cookies like this.
Crispy around the edges, soft and chocolate magic in the middle.
Hope you enjoy!!
Tips For Making The Best Cookies
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Do not ever grease your cookie sheets. Will make cookies spread and change texture.
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookies. Cookies will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before storing in containers. This will keep their crispness
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 heaping cup chocolate chunks
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla beating until well combined. Slowly add flour, oats, salt, baking soda and chocolate chunks until just combined. With a large cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 14-15 minutes, until golden brown around edges. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing. Serve warm or room temperature.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.