Feb
2012

Bruxie, Gourmet Waffle Sandwiches Orange, CA

Orange County, Where to Eat | Tags: ,

Last weekend, one of my favorite friends Amanda of Kevin and Amanda came to visit me in CA for a jam packed foodie weekend.  We had so much fun and ate until we couldn’t eat anymore :)

One of my favorite stops of our weekend was by far Bruxie Gourmet Waffle Sandwiches in Orange, CA.  There is little I can say that can tell you how amazing the food was, you literally have to try it yourself.  If you visit Southern California, PLEASE make time to visit Bruxie.  You’ll thank me later.

It’s located in Old Towne Orange that is completely charming and full of fun antique shops and restaurants.

There are dozens and dozens of menu options but Amanda and I chose to share the 4 that sounded best to us including this mouthwatering oozing S’mores Waffle Sandwich.  Sinful!

There were so many things we would have tried if we had the room in our stomachs, lol.  The shakes looked to die for not to mention the fun soda’s.

You walk right up to the counter and order your food.  See the cute t-shirts?  I should have bought one :)

This creme brulee waffle sandwich was life changing.  It had a thin layer of actual creme brulee with the crispy sugar topping and perfect strawberries.  This is a must order.

I had to have one savory waffle in our mix and this Eggs and Hash sandwich was incredible.  I would order this again in a heartbeat.

This peanut butter and jelly waffle sandwich was simply delicious.  Lathered with all natural peanut butter and strawberry jam.  My boys would absolutely love this one.  Tasted like the perfect toasted peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

My mouth is watering just thinking about this s’mores waffle.  It was warm, chocolate-y, marshmallow-y with a touch of graham cracker.  In a nutshell, perfect!

Here’s our fun table of waffle sammy’s :)  About a dozen outside tables available to sit at.  We even sat by a heater to keep us warm.

Keep in mind there will most likely be a line when you visit Bruxie.  There was a steady line the entire time Amanda and I were there.  I would say we stood in line for 10 minutes and got our food within 10 minutes.  Not too bad at all.  Amanda and I both agreed that everyone was so nice too.  They kept asking how we liked the food and made sure we didn’t need anything.  They were great.  Make sure you visit Bruxie if you get the chance!!

Bruxie Gourmet Waffle Sandwiches

Brea, CA 92821

714 255-1188

Hours:  Sunday-Wednesday 9am-9pm

Thursday-Saturday 9am-10pm

Comments

Abigail says:

Oh my goodness that looks amazing! That s’more waffle has me drooling all over myself. Wish I lived closer so I could check them out. Putting it on my list for the next time I’m in the area.

You make me wanna get in the car and drive an hour north just for pancakes and waffles…wow. Looks fabulous and when I saw your Instagram feed and Amanda’s too, I was so happy that the two of you were out having a blast and enjoying so much good food and time together :)

Kathryn says:

I must remember this for when I’m in California in the summer, definitely worth making a trip for!!

Carole Resnick says:

For those of us who do not live in CA, please develop a waffle sandwhich recipe

Thank you for the review … I have seen Bruxie and never stopped … next time I’m in Orange, I will make sure that I go!

Jennifer says:

WUUUUHWHOOOOOOO!!!! Our family is headed to Anaheim next week and it’s nice to see this Bruxie place is only 11 minutes away!!! We are checkin it out Monday when we get into town!!
    My mouth watered reading and looking at this whole blog post!!!
    Thank you for sharing….
    BTW I’m gonna need to get a hoodie from there! heheh
    xoxo
    Jen

Christine says:

Ohhh I love Bruxie! We’ve been a few times now when we’ve driven south for Disneyland. I have a friend that lives in Orange so she makes sure we get local food rather than just Disney fare. I love their creme brulee waffle. And their waffle fries? Incredible! Their milk shakes are also delicious. Great photos and review of the place!

Angelyn says:

The S’mores Waffle & PB&J Waffle look amazing!! :)

Sarah says:

Hey, my neck of the woods! I live about 2 minutes from Old Towne, yet somehow I haven’t tried Bruxie yet (the long line deters me :/). It’s at the top of my list now, though!

Amanda says:

Oh girl, I am still dreaming about Bruxie!! We totally have to go back ASAP. Absolutely loved our fun California weekend!! xoxo

Royal Holter says:

There are also a number of additions that can go into a grilled cheese sandwich, like ham, tomato, herbs and spices, or sauces like ketchup or mustard. Some of these will go between the slices of bread before the grilling takes place, and some are sprinkled on the top or used as a dip. Many Canadians enjoy dipping their sandwiches in ketchup or applesauce, while people in the United States tend to prefer their sandwiches with tomato soup or French fries on the side.,

Look into our very own online site as well
    <http://www.beautyfashiondigest.com/eye-makeup-for-blue-eyes/

Kristina L says:

my sister works at Wonderland Cupcakes they are the best! I would highly recommend to anyone in orange county to check them out in Newport, CA

carrie says:

There is also one in downtown HB on 5th street (near main)…they are growing fast it seems, I think they have 5 or 6 locations in SoCal now!

[…] There’s a new Bruxie opened in Huntington Beach.  My sister and I shared the Bacon, Cheddar and Egg Waffle Sandwich.  If you haven’t tried Bruxie, make sure you check it out when visiting Southern California.  See my full review of some of their best waffle sandwiches HERE. […]