Every time I make these waffles, everyone goes crazy! They’re so cute and they look EXACTLY like Mickey Mouse. Step up your waffle game with these adorable Mickey Mouse Waffles!
Making waffles for my family is one of my favorite things to do weekends mornings….actually any day of the week around here 🙂 You are going to love this recipe in the shape of Mickey Mouse! This Mickey Waffle Maker makes waffles that really looks like the mini Mickey Waffles you get at the Parks! So so adorable. You can also make my waffle recipe in any of your waffle irons you have at home.
Where Do I Buy A Mickey Mouse Waffle Maker?
Found this new Mickey Mouse Waffle Maker for his 90th Anniversary online at Shop Disney! It makes mini Mickey Waffles just like the ones you get at the Parks! You can also search Amazon for other varieties. I’ve had decent luck finding Disney Kitchen goodies at CVS Pharmacy as well, doesn’t hurt to check. This specific waffle maker I used today is from Shop Disney.
Pour in the milk to melted butter. Add the buttermilk, egg yolks and vanilla. Stir to combine.
Add the dry ingredients, stir to combine then gently fold in beaten egg whites. See recipe instructions below for details.
I can’t tell you enough how much I enjoyed using this Mickey waffle maker. They really do look like the mini Mickey Waffles you get around the Parks such as Goofy’s Kitchen, Storyteller’s Cafe and Plaza Inn for breakfast. So much fun!
Use a spoon to fill each bottom Mickey shape in the waffle maker up to the top because when you close the lid, the top portion has the same amount of space so it doesn’t overflow. This will give you a nice thick waffle. The waffle iron will let you know when the waffles are done by beeping. You can check doneness by lifting lid after a minute or so. I played around with the “light to dark” on the dial and preferred the dial set right in between both.
Here’s how they came out. If you want them even crispier, move the dial even closer to the “darker” side. They are really really cute.
In my opinion, the Mickey Waffle was worth the price on Shop Disney. I like the fact that it’s got the double flip to it. I think the shape and thickness is spot on. Use my recipe for an ever sweeter treat!
How To Make Mickey Mouse Waffles
- Mickey Mouse Waffle Maker
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs whites and yolks separated
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk I used skim
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Classic Buttermilk Syrup from the Picky Palate Cookbook
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl, stir to combine.
- Place egg whites into a medium mixing bowl, whisk continuously until stiff peaks form.
- Place buttermilk, milk, melted butter, vanilla and egg yolks into a large bowl, whisk to combine then slowly stir into dry ingredients. Once combined, fold in egg whites until just combined.
- Spoon batter into each Mickey shape filling close to top. Close lid and let cook until golden brown and crisp, about 1 1/2-2 minutes depending on the heat setting of your waffle iron. Remove hot waffles and place on cooling rack. Continue cooking waffles until all batter is used.
- To prepare buttermilk syrup, place butter, sugar and buttermilk into a small saucepan. Stir until melted and comes to a low boil. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla. Syrup will foam up. Let sit aside and stir occasionally until foam has gone down.
- To serve, place waffles onto serving plates, top with fruit of choice and drizzle with warm buttermilk syrup.
Pin Mickey Mouse Waffles