Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Mar
2012

Girl Scout CookieThin Mint Gooey Cake Bars

Tags: , , ,

Desserts

When Amanda and I got together in my kitchen, we created two incredible Girl Scout Cookie Cake Bars you are going to LOVE!   I made mine with Thin Mint Cookies and Amanda made hers with the Peanut Butter Tagalongs.  Both sooooo good!  Take  a look!

Gooey Cake Bar ingredient line up!

Let’s start with the cake mix and buttah!

Amanda, my lovely egg cracking model at work :)

Mix it all up.  I always end up using my hands.  Much faster.

In pieces, add the dough to the bottom of your baking dish.

Press dough evenly, does not have to be perfect.

Add some chocolate chips.

Time for some Andes mint pieces.  You can always use the whole Andes mints and cut them up if you can’t find the pieces.

Pour over your cake dough.

Ahhhh, time for the Gooey part of the bars :)

Love this part.  Drizzle time.

Time for those fabulous Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies.  I broke mine into pieces.

Time to bake!  Here are both of our bars, mmmm!

Let these babies cool, cut into bars and enjoy!

Girl Scout Cookie Thin Mint Gooey Cake Bars

1 Yellow Cake Mix

1 stick softened butter

1 large egg

1 cup chocolate chips

1 cup Andes Mint pieces

1 small can Sweetened Condensed Milk

20 Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies, broken into pieces

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9×13 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.

2. Place cake mix, butter and egg into a large bowl, mix until dough forms. Using hands is easiest to mix together. Press dough into bottom of prepared baking dish. Top evenly with chocolate chips and Andes mints. Drizzle sweet milk over top and top with broken pieces of Thin Mint Cookies. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until baked through. Immediately after removing from oven, take a plastic knife around edges to loosen. Let cool completely. Cut into squares and serve.

Makes 12 bars

_____________________________

Have a great day!  Come back soon!

Comments

I just saw Amanda’s and between yours and hers, VERY hard call to pick a winner b/c hers have peanut butter…but yours have mint. Both are faves of mine! And Thin Mints, hello, need a whole tube of those for a sitting :)

I love that you guys did this tag-team synced up post. So fun!

I don’t even have words for this, and I have to agree with Avery! The two of your and your GS creations!!!!!

And apparently I need to get my hands on some Thin Mints immediately!

These look AMAZING! I just used up my thin mints for another fun treat, now I wish I had more to try this!

I like the minty flavor. The cool feeling when eating the cake makes it very delicious. =)

Oh my goodness, these look great! However, somehow I missed all the girl scouts and have none of their cookies?! I’m thinking Keebler Grasshopper cookies would also work, but I might have to hunt down Thin Mints!

These are perfect because I have exactly one sleeve of thin mints left. They will be meeting a gooey cake bar very soon ;)

Mindy says:

Yum! I did something similar last week – I think I linked your original gooey bars recipe. Thanks for the inspiration – seeing as how I have about 6 more boxes of TM’s this is a great idea too!

Thin mints are my favorite type of girl scout cookie. They’re addictive! These look delicious, I love the drizzled sweetened condensed milk, it really does make it gooey and yummy. This recipe will be bookmarked for sure!

omg these look lethally good. your boys are just the luckiest. i love anything with condensed milk.

Julie Chiou says:

wow, what a brilliant idea!!! looks amazing!! i still have yet to get my hands on some girl scout cookies!!!!

Oh my gosh, these look like perfection!! Perfect way to use some of these eleventy boxes of Girl Scout cookies I’ve stashed in the freezer.

I may have over bought. It’s a problem.

I am guilty of the same problem! Had my hubby buy out the girl scout that came to his work, lol! WE are totally stocked up for a while.

Seriously. I am hungry. Really hungry. But, these probably would not be a good thing to eat first thing in the morning. However, I will have to make them for the littles really, really soon.

I need to find some GS cookies! Yum!

Amy says:

I am feeling pretty lucky that I live with a Girl Scout right now :) These look so yummy!

oh my goodness! Jenny these look wonderful… and SO very easy w/ the cake mix. i have leftover andes mint chips from mint chocolate chip cookies i made last week, so i will most definitely be making this sometime soon.

Wow! Thin mints are my favorite. So these look delicious :)

Elaine says:

I am super glad I am a cookie mom! :) I will definitely have to buy another box to make these!! :) Only problem is having all the extra cookies may end up adding extra pounds to my hips!!

I seriously need to find some Girl Scouts. I need my cookies so I can make these! :D

these are straight up evil…and i love them!

Lauren says:

Ohhhh yesssss!! Thin mints are my favorite ever!!

[...] cake bars turned out pretty amazing as well. I made mine with the Peanut Butter Tagalongs, and Jenny made hers with Thin Mints. Just take a look below to see how they turned out. [...]

Liz says:

We just got a box of thin mints from my sister. I can’t wait to try this out!

Jessica J says:

Oh yum! Now I wish I had bought some girl scout cookies at the grocery store yesterday. Serious regret over here.

Cassie says:

I could not be more in love with these Jenny! Now to find another box of thin mints. This is brilliant!

These look scrumptious! My grandmother always used eagle brand milk (we call it that instead of sweetened condensed milk) in her desserts and they were always fantastic!

Amanda says:

I think our baking adventure was my favorite part of the weekend! :) Can’t wait for our next creation!! xoxo

I think i just gained ten pounds but I do not care. They look yummy!

Taylor says:

Hi Jenny!

These look great! Question: why did you top the bars with the cookies instead of putting them under the sweetened condensed milk (like you did with the Gooey Cookies & Cream Double Chocoalte Cake Bars)? By the ways, I’ve made those tons, and they are always a huge hit!

Thanks!

Taylor

Hi Taylor, I just wanted to be able to see the cookies on top for these, but you could certainly put them under the sweet milk if you’d rather :) Hope you enjoy!!

Sandra says:

Yes please, and thank you!

Sandle says:

I just ran three miles…this is not good… *sigh*

How am I supposed to get anything done, when I know this recipe is out there? I’m going to be dreaming about this all afternoon! YUM!

I honestly believe all of my baked goods come out better when I use my hands to mix! And it is such a time saver. Love the look of these, thin mints have always been my favorite GS cookie!

These are incredible! What a clever idea. You have given me reason to grab a box of thin mints now! I can’t wait to try these fantastic looking bars.

YUM! Went to Brewsters tonight and they were OUT of Mint Chocolate Chip! I believe i’d rather have these! :)

love thin mints! seriously our downfall ;)
    we saw these on instagram and could not wait to see the recipe! you are so creative!!! love it!

Yum! Great way to move through the BOXES of girl scout cookies we have in our kitchen.

Bakeaholic says:

What an easy and sinful cake bar! Love it.

Woah! These bars have so many good things happening in them. I’ve got to try them!

Can these please magically appear in my kitchen?!

That’s awesome! You’re so creative!

Gracious, these look like perfection on a plate!

Chocolate Mint Cookie Bars…

[...] to bottom of prepared baking dish. Top evenly with chocolate chips and Andes min [...]…

Laura says:

OMG do those look amazing!!!! We were drooling over them here at work. Can’t wait to make them.

Jannelle says:

So..I thought they sounded a little too sweet or minty or chocolatey ( can’t t believe I said too chocolatey) Boy was I wrong!! These are PERFECT!!!!! Thank you. Thank you Thank you.

Michelle says:

Thanks so much for the recipe – such a clever idea! I made these last night, but used a chocolate cake mix because that’s what I had, and I thought it would go great with Thin Mints. It was deliciously decadent!

Laura says:

What do you think? – Could these be made with devils food cake?

Nicole says:

Loving the mint and chocolate….indulgent and refreshing! So excited to give it a try!

These look fabulous! I *somehow* have a spare box of Thin Mints, so I will definitely give these a try. Thanks for sharing! :)

Oh wow, seriously WOW! These look incredible!