Sharing my Double Chocolate Junior Mint Cookies today! Nothing like a good chocolate cookies recipe! The perfect combination, chocolate and mint for your cookie baking!
This chocolate cookies recipe has got to be one of my favorite cookies to make for family and friends. These deep dark minty cookies are quite irresistible and chocolaty delicious. Perfect for Holiday baking or all year round!
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming next to the blog!
How To Make Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Start by creaming your butter and sugars.
2 eggs up next plus a splash of vanilla.
Dry ingredients up next.
Give a good mix. Fudgy!!
Mini chocolate chips please.
Time for a box of Junior Mints.
Give a good mix, smashing Junior Mints completely. I chilled my dough overnight. Scoop dough onto your baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Little bits of Junior Mints and chocolate chips throughout.
Double Chocolate Junior Mint Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder I used Hershey's 100% Dark Chocolate, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 4 ounce box Junior Mints
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla mixing to combine. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, mixing to combine. Stir in chocolate chips then smash in Junior Mints. All mints need to be completely smashed into the dough. Chill dough for a couple hours or overnight for best results.
- With medium cookie scoop, place dough 1 inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until baked through. Please note, if mints ooze out of cookies, use a plastic knife to form cookies back to round shape right out of the oven when hot. Let cool for 15 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Pin Double Chocolate Junior Mint Cookies