May
2012

Fudgy Brownie Peanut Butter

Tags: ,

Appetizers and Sides

Remember when I made THIS peanut butter last year?  Well…..I wanted to take it one step further and make my own peanut butter (which was so much fun) AND add brownies to it.

Yes, I said brownies.  Crumbled fudgy fabulous brownies.  Might I say this is best eaten from the spoon .  Please go grab some peanuts and bake up some brownies because trust me, you are going to want to eat this….all day long, lol!

Enjoy :)

Go pick up a can of salted peanuts.

Pour your peanuts into a high powered blender such as the Blendtec.

Add a little sugar and…..

Pulverize those babies!

Once crushed nicely, drizzle in a touch of vegetable oil.  Blend until nearly smooth.

Transfer to a medium mixing bowl.

Brownie time!  Basically, bake your favorite brownie recipe, let them cool and crumble 1 cup right into the peanut butter.

Mix and….taste.  Mama mia.

Find any small glass jar and transfer peanut butter.

Ahhhh, cute.

Fudgy Brownie Peanut Butter

2 cups salted peanuts

1/4 cup granulated sugar

1/4 cup vegetable oil

1 cup crumbled cooked brownies

1. Place peanuts and sugar into a high powered blender or food processor. Blend until well pulverized. Add oil and blend until nearly smooth. Pour into a large bowl and stir in crumbled brownies. Store in a small mason jar for 2 weeks room temperature.

Makes 3 cups peanut butter

Comments

You can’t go wrong with this…the peanut butter OR the brownies. I’m drooling :)

I am a HUGE brownie fan!! And with this homemade peanut butter…..my hubby would totally be in heaven. What an amazing combination. Hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend!!

Whoa. This sounds sooo awesome!

This would be out of control dangerous around me!

This is just about the BEST idea I think I have EVER seen! Thank you soooo much for this recipe. You are always creating the most interesting and delicious things!

You slay me. You must be growing one happy baby :)

Woah, woah, woah. Can I just eat this by the spoonful???? It’s protein, right?!?

marla says:

Jenny this is such a FUN way to make PB ~ the ultimate dessert with a spoon!

And eat it by the spoonful, right? Yum!

You are SO bad!!! And that’s why I like you! ;)

I’m in love with the picture of the peanuts FLYING in the blender!!! Awesome shot!

Jenny – I am IN LOVE with this peanut butter recipe!! I love finding new and creative nut butter recipes and this one looks absolutely sinful.. in the best way possible. I would spread it on juicy apples or even a warm toasted bagel for a breakfast treat. Or maybe waffles! Haha I must be hungry.

Lauren says:

Yup. Totally would eat this whooooole thing with a spoon!

Alyssa says:

Yummo! What a perfect combo!

Oh. my. goodness. This sounds AMAZING!

oh dear Lord – i wouldn’t be able to resist this now! if you’d given me a jar when i was pregnant i would have died and gone to heaven :)

so creative! Hope you had a great weekend Jenny! Miss you xoxo

Janetha says:

This would be sooo good on top of vanilla bean ice cream! yum!

Jennifer says:

Oh wow, this looks amazing! Absolutely amazing! I printed the recipe, and I plan to make this ASAP!

Cassie says:

Oh my goodness, Jenny, this is super creative. I love making homemade peanut butter. I’ll probably be adding brownies next time, and then will most-like proceed to eat the whole jar with a spoon!

Amanda says:

Oh my gosh, those bouncing peanuts are the cutest thing ever!! Such a great photo :) And your brownie peanut butter looks amazing!

You are so creative!

Keep writing…

Oh my! This looks like it would be my very favorite peanut butter ever! :) Love this, Jenny!

Oh no! I think I’m in trouble here…just the name of this makes my mouth water!

You don’t know how bad I want to lick my screen right now!

Stephanie says:

And I thought peanut butter couldn’t get any better!

Erin says:

Holy crap! Amazing-ness

Yum Yum Yum! Peanut butter with brownie, marvelous!

Oh my goodness gracious!! This would be sooo dangerous around me! So wonderfully dangerous!

I have been ALL ABOUT making my own peanut butter lately & this looks fantastic!

Lynna H says:

holy moly… this IS CRAZY!!

What brownie recipe is that?? They look sooooo good!!

I reallllly wish I didn’t see this. Now I’m going to have to go make it ASAP. So much for my bikini…YUM!

Oh good lord, this looks INCREDIBLE! Brownies and peanut butter combined in one? I’m in heaven.

Casey says:

Oh my goodness, YUM!! This is totally up my alley :) I like my peanut butter on the thicker side so I probably wouldn’t add as much sugar and oil, LOVE this idea!!

Two of my favorite things in the world combine into one amazing thing. And I’ve never thought of making my own PB in my Blendtec – love it!

Hillary says:

Which brownie recipe is that?

Caley says:

Maybe you should make peanut butter cookies with your brownie peanut butter! ;)

oh my..this is brilliant. i would not spread this on bread..i’d eat this by the spoonful, Jenny!!

fer! says:

OH MYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!! cant believe it….

Wow! How easy is that?? Great recipe!

Oh my heavens – this looks crazy delicious. Love making homemade peanut butter. And LOVE brownies!!

Between recipes like this and cookie butter, I may never fit into my jeans again! Brilliant idea!

This looks AMAZING!!! OMG; need to make this pronto. Fabulous recipe; excited to see you next week in Seattle!

Kristen says:

I think you may have just discovered peanut butter nirvana!

Okay, this has got to be the baby talking! ;)

We discovered our common fondness of fries in Disney World, now I am confessing to you that brownies is another addiction of mine. :) And, it seems I’ll have to make this very soon!

danielle says:

Yum! I wanted to let you know that I featured this today in my “What I Bookmarked This Week” post – stop by and see if you have a minute.

[...] could we NOT take a second look at this recipe for Fudgy Brownie Peanut Butter from Picky Palate. I’m not sure how you could use this except just to greedily eat it [...]