Jun
2012

Cookie Crusted Peanut Butter Pretzel Pies

Desserts

I am in love with these simple peanut butter pies with cookie crusts!  I created this recipe as inspiration for the Cool Whip Fan Dessert of the Month Contest on Facebook.  Be sure to upload your own original dessert photograph by the end of this month to the Cool Whip Facebook Page for the chance to win $500.  There will be one ONE Grand winner each month till Dec 31,2012. Please note photos should be used for inspiration purposes only, don’t forget to use your own.  Visit facebbok.com/coolwhip for complete details outlined in the Official Rules.

Let’s take a look at the little pies I created :)

Here’s my line up of ingredients.  Nice and simple!

I used Snackwells Fudge Pretzels in my dessert.  Mmmm!

Start by baking 1/4 cup cookie dough into small pie plates or ramekins.

Take your Snackwells Fudge Pretzels and…..

….crush them into your pudding/Cool Whip mix.

Give it all a nice stir.

Place dollops of filling over cooled cookie crust.

Here you have adorable simple little pies!  Enjoy :)

Cookie Crusted Peanut Butter Pretzel Pies

1 cup pre-made cookie dough of your choice

1 small box Vanilla Instant Pudding mix

2 cups cold milk

1 1/2 cups Cool Whip

1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

2 packages of Snackwells Chocolate Covered Pretzels, crushed

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Divide cookie dough between 4 mini pie plates or small ramekins. Bake until baked through 12-15 minutes. Let cool completely.

2. Whisk together the pudding mix and cold milk until thick. Fold in Cool Whip and peanut butter. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Spoon filling over each cookie crust and top with a chocolate pretzel. Serve cold. Save remaining pie filling for another use.

Makes 4 pies

___________________________

Have a great day!  Come back soon :)

**Disclosure:  This is a sponsored post for COOL WHIP, but recipe and all thoughts are my own.

Comments

Great idea, Jenny! I am loving the Cool Whip desserts lately and this is such a smart idea. Those pretzels…and that pudding/mixture. YUM!

Lynna H. says:

Ohh, this is so neat!! :) i bet adding those Snackwells Chocolate Covered Pretzels made the whipped cream so much better!

I like this idea! Too bad we dont get cool whip here in south africa, but i would like to try these anyway, I love cookie crusts :) A simple dessert is always the best – and everyone enjoys it just as much as one you have spent hours on!

Oh bummer! Wish you could get your hands on some Cool Whip!!

• Lorraine says:

If you can get heavy whipping cream, you can make your own! I prefer it to cool whip when making sweet desserts. I simply whip it into whipped cream and omit all or most of the sugar. That way it cuts back on the overall sweetness.

Looks insane…. those pretzels alone look wonderful! ;)

Love this! It looks awesome!

Those Snackwells chocolate covered pretzels are laced with crack. So yummy!

Now I’m craving cool whip.

Amazing! So simple and yet so delicious!!

Paula says:

Yummy! Where did you get those adorable little pie plates?

Love the ease of these, Jenny! And I totally agree with Devon, there is definitely a little something-something in those pretzels!

Jennifer says:

Oh, my gosh. Lovely. Easy and delicious!

The fact that this Peanut butter Pretzel pie looks so delicious and is SO easy to make is a little bitter sweet … sweet that I’m going to want it all the time now ;) lol but bitter because its swimsuit season … hmmm looks like I’ll have to invest in a coverup ;)

Cassie says:

Very creative, Jenny. Love it!

Oh man! I need to make these soon! They really look amazing! I am a huge fan of chocolate covered pretzels! I will be searching for those Snackwells pretzels when I get back to the USA. I cant wait! I absolutely love all the dessert combos you come up with! :)

You come up with the best desserts that easy and delicious! Love how their is cookie dough in the bottom of these.

I LOVE those little white dishes! I’m going to look for some and then I’m going to make this fabulous looking dessert!

What a FANTASTIC idea! I JUST bought little ramekins so I will have to try this, and soon. I love the salty/sweet combo :)

I have to make these!!! With those photographs of yours, you are making me go for it instant. Looks so AMAZING!!!

Yum! I love the sweet and salty flavor combo of chocolate covered pretzels so I would love this!

That’s totally crazy and messed up, and I want me some!

Keep writing…

Anna says:

I can’t wait to make these!!! And so perfect for just hubby and I!