Jul
2012

Blueberry Lime-Aid Slushy

Tags: , , ,

Drinks

I tend to forget how hot the rest of the country is right now when I live by the beach.  Trust me, I know hot.  I grew up and lived in AZ for 31 years and will never forget those dreadful summers!

If you are need of some cooling off, grab the kids and blender and whip up my Slushy Blueberry Lime-Aid.  It’s icy, cold and sparkly.  This one does not disappoint.

Enjoy friends and stay cool!

Simple line-up for ya.

You’ll need 2 lovely limes cut in half to squeeze into your blender.

Add those blueberries and lime juice to start.

Some honey and ice cubes follow!

Pour in your lemon-lime soda for that sparkly-ness :)

Alright, ready to blend.

Oh yah!  Pretty color right?

Refreshing and perfect for summer.

Blueberry Lime-Aid Slushy

Blueberry Lime-Aid Slushy 1 textIngredients

• 12 ounces frozen blueberries
  • 2 limes
  • 4 tablespoons honey
  • 2 cups ice
  • 2 cups lemon-lime soda

Directions

1. Place all ingredients into high powered blender of choice. Blend until well combined and slushy. Taste with a spoon and if it’s too tart for you, add a couple spoonfuls of granulated sugar to sweeten up. Pour into individual glasses and add lemon-lime soda over top.

Makes 6-8 servings

Comments

Jenny – such a pretty color and great flavor combo. I love blueberries :)

Miki Chelle says:

love love love!!!! XD

I just got a Ninja blender and can’t wait to make this! I have frozen mango and Fresca, so may try that combination…thanks for the inspiration :)

So fun! This sounds awesome!

RavieNomNoms says:

That looks awesome! I think I would use Fresca if ti were me. Would add a nice citrus flavor to it, but it sure does look amazing!

Cindy Ferguson says:

Perfect for this hot Texas weather :)

JulieD says:

I absolutely love these, Jenny!!! Obsessed with blueberries & these drinks look perfect for summer. Thank you!

Mmmm…what a refreshing drink! This would be espically great during this heat wave we have been suck in! :)

Not only am I dying for one of those slushies I am insanely jealous of that blender!

Jill says:

This looks perfect for summer. Light, refreshing, delish!

Madeleine says:

Love the ingredient line-up pic – the honey bear looks like he’s doing a hand stand! This looks tasty, and perfect for summer!

Deborah says:

Love these – and they are so pretty!!

Oh my goodness, they look so refreshing! I don’t know why I’ve never thought to put soda in a smoothie. This opens up a world of possibilities…..

Leslie says:

Making on for my husband and I now! Needed a new slushy recipe :)

Mmmm these look perfect for the hot weather!!! That is such a beautifully colorful drink! So yummy looking :)

I love the color – looks so enticing!!

We are rarely hot in Oregon but we still indulge in the icy drink! This looks perfect-o! We have lots of blueberries here from blueberry picking so this is a must treat.

Oh this is fantastic for summer! I have a bag of frozen raspberries in my freezer – I bet it would be fabulous with that switch too!!

Karly says:

Yes, please. This looks like the perfect summer drink.

Beautiful! These look so refreshing.

This one I am surely going to try out. Looks extremely refreshing!! With temps soaring sky high, nothing could be better.

Mmm there is nothing better than fresh blueberries. Plus lime? Awesome!

Love the flavors going on in these slushies! And those adorable little jars with the straws – what a fun summer treat. Thanks, Jenny!!

Char says:

Can you make this with champagne too, maybe?

marla says:

Soooo in love with this pretty summer drink!! Have a great weekend Jenny :)

MikeVFMK says:

So here’s the deal. I’m sitting here watching the Olympics and I’m thirsty. Really thirsty. And I come visit your beautiful site and this post jumps out. (Obvious reasons) So aside from the beautiful photos and the thirst quenching name, I read and jump to the recipe. And cross my fingers that I have the ingredients (I do, yay!) So I just made it. And winner. Not thirsty any more. Saving this for the next time!!

Melissa says:

Hi – I was wondering if you had tried fresh blueberries in this recipe. If you have, would I add the same amount?? My father-in-law is about to bring in all of his and I would love to make some of these as a treat for myself. :)
    Thanks! Your recipes are delish!

Hi Melissa,
      I haven’t tried fresh blueberries yet, but I would freeze them first because that’s what gives part of the slushy-ness :)

Cold beverages like this are essential for summer!

katy says:

Just made it and LOVED it! This will be a saved recipe. Highly recommended… blends perfectly!

Muy excelente publicación cuenta con mucha razón en lo que ah escrito espero que mas adeltante vuelvas a escribir un poco mas sobre esto mismo

Bobbi says:

I just have to say, I’ve made this three times and it has been a huge hit in all three crowds. Such a refreshing drink! Well done!

[...] Farmgirl’s Dabbles Rum Runner from Averie Cooks Spicy Grapefruit Margaritas from Eat Live Run Blueberry Lime-Aid Slushy from Picky Palate Carolina Peach Sangria from Recipe Girl Lemon-Berry Granita with Balsamic & [...]

Love this! Found you on Ashton’s list!