You know I wasn’t stopping with just basic magic shell right? I had so much fun whipping this up and wait until you try it! It’s the perfect addition to any bowl of ice cream. No worries, it’s just as easy to prepare as the original!! Get my homemade chocolate magic shell recipe HERE.
I used the mini Oreos, but use the original size if you’d like.
Place some white chocolate chips into a heat proof bowl and microwave until melty.
Stir until smooth then stir in vegetable oil.
You’ll get this gorgeous thin white chocolate.
Stir in a couple cookies and you are ready to drizzle!
Drizzle the cookies and cream magic shell over a bowl of ice cream. This one hardens almost immediately, so you can eat asap! How cute are these bowls?! Brooke from Sucre Shop on Etsy sells these and some adorable spoons too!
Ahhhh, almost too cute to eat…..almost 🙂
I am dying over the cuteness of the spoons and bowls. Love her products!
Little bits of cookies inside the magic shell are to die for!
Homemade Cookies and Cream Magic Shell
- 1 cup Nestle white chocolate chips (this is what I use and it melts great)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 original size Oreo Cookies or 6 mini size
- Place white chips into a heat proof dish and microwave until melty, about 60 seconds. White chips can be finicky so be careful to not over heat them. I started mine at 45 seconds, gave a little stir then heated another 15 seconds. Depending on your microwave, timing could be a bit different.
- Once melted and smooth when stirred with a spoon, stir in vegetable oil and crushed Oreo cookies. Stir to combine then drizzle over ice cream. This shell hardens quickly. Garnish bowl with additional Oreo Cookies and serve.
Makes a heaping cup full of magic shell
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.