Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Jul
2012

Homemade Cookies and Cream Magic Shell

Tags: , ,

Sauces

You know I wasn’t stopping with just basic magic shell right?  I had so much fun whipping this up and wait until you try it!  It’s the perfect addition to any bowl of ice cream.  No worries, it’s just as easy to prepare as the original!!  Get my homemade chocolate magic shell recipe HERE.

Enjoy!!

I used the mini Oreos, but use the original size if you’d like.

Place some white chocolate chips into a heat proof bowl and microwave until melty.

Stir until smooth then stir in vegetable oil.

You’ll get this gorgeous thin white chocolate.

Stir in a couple cookies and you are ready to drizzle!

Drizzle the cookies and cream magic shell over a bowl of ice cream.  This one hardens almost immediately, so you can eat asap!  How cute are these bowls?!  Brooke from Sucre Shop on Etsy sells these and some adorable spoons too!

Ahhhh, almost too cute to eat…..almost :)

I am dying over the cuteness of the spoons and bowls.  Love her products!

Little bits of cookies inside the magic shell are to die for!

Homemade Cookies and Cream Magic Shell

Homemade Cookies and Cream Magic Shell 1 text
Ingredients

• 1 cup Nestle white chocolate chips (this is what I use and it melts great)
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 original size Oreo Cookies or 6 mini size

Directions

1. Place white chips into a heat proof dish and microwave until melty, about 60 seconds. White chips can be finicky so be careful to not over heat them. I started mine at 45 seconds, gave a little stir then heated another 15 seconds. Depending on your microwave, timing could be a bit different.
  2. Once melted and smooth when stirred with a spoon, stir in vegetable oil and crushed Oreo cookies. Stir to combine then drizzle over ice cream. This shell hardens quickly. Garnish bowl with additional Oreo Cookies and serve.

Makes a heaping cup full of magic shell

Comments

You and the Magic Shell…can’t wait to see what other versions you come up with (Because I know you’re not done!) :)

Ambar says:

And here I thought that it could only be done with coconut oil!!!!!! Yaaayyyyyy!!!!!! Thanks for this post!!!

That is just beautiful!!! Reminds me of the Hershey Cookies and Cream bar…only better. Love that adorable little ice cream cup.

Madeleine says:

Fantastic! This would definitely make the plain vanilla ice cream in my freezer into a delicious treat.

Adorable! I love the ice cream cup!!

I’m such a sucker for anything cookies and cream. I love, love LOVE this. I want think it would be great on chocolate ice cream too!!

Such a fun and easy recipe!

My kids are going to go nuts for this!

This is SO COOL! I love magic shell but have never made my own. I think I have to now.

And I agree, those spoons and cup are so so cute!

Amanda says:

How fun is this homemade cookies and cream magic shell?! Those bowls and spoons are too cute!! :)

This looks so good! I have never seen cookies n cream magic shell. Love the little dishes :)

This post just made me smile. It did! From the magic shell to the adorbs cup and spoons. What a way to start a week – thanks, Jenny!!

Marian (Sweetopia) says:

Jenny, your recipe looks amazing!! Those containers are super cute too! (I’d love to make a cookie version of them!) xo

Lynna says:

You`re TOO GOOD. <3 loving this! ♥

JulieD says:

Adorable, Jenny! I love this…anything that is cookies and cream AND includes white chocolate…wow! I’m there! :)

Mmmmm this looks amazing too!!!! Love this

Erica Williams says:

My kids are going to flip for this one!

jenna says:

this is so cute love the spoons and bowl! my daughter will love this!

Jenn says:

Wow! This sounds amazing! I can’t wait to try this!

The spoons and ice cream cup are freakin’ adorable!

Susan says:

I know I am late to post, but I just found your site. Can this be stored? If so, how? I would love to try!

You need to be crowned the “Oreo Queen”

We are having a ice cream sundae bar for my daughters birthday this year. I am excited to add this recipe to our line up!

[…] Chocolate Magic Shell from The Novice Chef Peanut Butter Cup Magic Shell from Picky Palate Cookies and Cream Magic Shell from Picky Palate Chocolate Peanut Butter Magic Shell from Chocolate […]