Sep
2012

Chocolate Banana and Peanut Butter Milk

Tags: , ,

Drinks

A month or so ago, we had some friends over for a silly “Blend Off” competition between my husband and his buddy.  They were making smoothies all night for a bunch of us and we’d say who’s we liked better.

My friend Jenna whipped up an amazing chocolate milk blend using dark chocolate almond milk at the end of the night and it was by far my favorite!  I created her drink and just switched it up a little.  Wait until you try this….to die for!!  Good work Jenna :)

Here’s your line-up.  Simple simple!  You can also add a handful of spinach.  Jenna added spinach and it was great!

Alright, let’s measure out the chocolate almond milk.  1 cup please.

Perfect!

Pour your milk into your blender of choice.

Add 2 tablespoons of quick oats.

1 ripe banana

1-2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter.

That’s it!  Blend her up!

It’ll blend for about 40 seconds.

Ahhh, nice and thick and creamy.

Love!

Chocolate Banana and Peanut Butter Milk

Chocolate Banana and Peanut Butter Milk 2 textIngredients

• 1 cup dark chocolate almond milk
  • 2 tablespoons quick oats
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1-2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter

Directions

1. 1. Place all ingredients into a high powered blender such as the Blendtec or Vitamix and blend until creamy and smooth, between 30-45 seconds. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy! I also enjoy pouring this blend over ice.

Makes about 12 ounces

Comments

You’ve got all my faves in one, Jenny! Looks perfect!

Rachel Cooks says:

Yum! This looks perfect!!!

PS: How’s your little man doing?

Ooh yeah, that looks wonderful! I don’t think I’ve had the dark chocolate almond milk, so this is a good excuse to try it!

(Just a side note, Trader Joe’s just recalled that peanut butter for salmonella. I know you’re not telling people to buy that particular brand but in case anyone goes out looking for it specifically, it’s been pulled from shelves right now. I can’t wait until they get it back, it’s my favorite!)

Yum! I’m not normally a milk drinker, but I’m pretty sure I would adore a glass full of this! Love the ingredient combo!! :)

I’m not a big milk drinker, but this looks so stinking good!!!

Amy says:

YUM! I’m thinking I need to try this one with spinach for the kids in hopes they don’t detect the spinach.

carrian says:

YUMMMM!! My husband and kiddos are obsessed with chocolate milk, and this is exactly how he makes his protein shakes. So delicious!

Deborah says:

I know I would love this, but my kids would go absolutely crazy over it!!

Stephanie says:

Bet you guys will be having another ‘Blend Off’ competition soon to try some more concoctions, eh? heheh Love the combination, even with the spinach!

What a great snack. I’m such a big fan of almond milk, can’t wait to try this!

Love the idea of a Blend Off…I’m obsessed with my Blendtec.

Rebecca says:

They just recalled Valencia Peanut butter from Trader Joe’s. Just an fyi.

That looks really delish! And I just love the added healthiness to it too.

Love almond milk and this incorporates all my favorite flavors! Thanks for the idea!

Recipe as I like : simple, easy and seems soooooo good !

Becky says:

The peanut butter you show in your picture was recalled yesterday in case you haven’t heard.

Kimberly says:

That peanut butter was recalled for Samonelia. I saw it on TV yesterday. I don’t want your family to possibly get sick.

Jenny,
    Looks divine! Im going to make this for the kiddos in the morning… Just am FYI.. I found out that the valencia peanut butter from trader joes was recalled today…

Linda says:

Oh, never thought of adding oats to it. Great idea and definitely a must try recipe.

Super yummy, but if you want an even better version, cut your banana into chunks and freeze it. It makes it just like a milkshake!

Sarah says:

I love the idea of using chocolate almond milk for this! I make my little guy smoothies all the time, but I freeze my bananas first. It’s a great way to use up your browning bananas when you don’t have time to make banana bread. My favorite smoothie is peanut butter, banana, milk, and honey. I’m definitely going to give this one a try though!

Excellent recipe. Simple and delicious recipes

Alyssa says:

I make something similar to this but I use almond butter and freeze the bananas and add ice-cubes to make it a little thicker!

Girlygirl says:

I am trying this..so tempting.
    Also saw news yesterday about peanut butter recall from Trader Joes.I am sure you must have checked it out.

marla says:

Hi Jenny! hope you guys are doing great! This is the perfect afternoon snack :) XO

It’s actually a cool and useful piece of info. I am glad that you shared this useful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

Lily says:

Looks yummy! And very easy to make.. yumyum

Mohammed Melberg says:

With so many more people developing allergies and sensitivities to dairy products, finding tasty and cheap alternatives to milk can be a challenge. One tasty alternative that can be used in cooking and everyday use is almond milk. But honestly, almond milk can get pricey. Instead try making your own almond milk for a quick and easy project that is fun to do with the kids.*

Our new internet page