Nov
2012

Chocolate Oreo Buttercream Cups

Tags: , ,

Desserts

I know I know, another Oreo Cookie recipe, lol!  I am an addict what can I say?

Let me give you some details here.  Think Reeses Peanut Butter Cup but with Oreos and homemade buttercream!  Did I convince you?

I found these cute little cups at Michaels in the baking section.  They are great to have in your pantry.

Ok, lets take a look at how simple these are to prepare :)

If I could make one recommedation it would be to get yourself a vanilla bean for the buttercream.  It makes the frosting absolutely to die for.  Pretty simple ingredients here other than the bean :)

Get your chocolate chips ready into a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted and smooth.  If you prefer doing this over a double boiler that is fine too.

Prepare your buttercream and have it ready.  See those fabulous vanilla bean seeds?!  Yum!

Here’s your melted chocolate ready for the cups.

You’ll spoon about 2 tablespoons into your cup.

Top with an Oreo Cookie and a spoon of buttercream.

Top with more melted chocolate.  Oh yah :)

The hardest part of the whole recipe is waiting for them to set up.  They are worth it though :)

Fun right?!

Chocolate Oreo Buttercream Cups

Chocolate Oreo Buttercream Cups 3 text Ingredients

• 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 4 Oreo Cookies
  • 1 stick/8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
  • 2-3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 whole vanilla bean

Directions

1. Place chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted, about 60-90 seconds. Spoon 2 tablespoon melted chocolate into cups then top with an Oreo cookie.
  2. To prepare buttercream, place butter into stand mixer and beat until creamy. Slowly add powdered sugar until nice and thick. Split vanilla bean down the middle and scrape out the seeds with the tip of your knife. Add the seeds to the frosting and mix to combine.
  3. Top each Oreo with a small spoonful of buttercream then top with more melted chocolate to cover Oreo and buttercream. Let chocolate set up for a good hour or so then serve.

Makes 4 Servings

Comments

Everything is better when chocolate and Oreos are involved! They look great, Jenny! And yes, real vanilla beans are pretty life-changing!

I want to live in your brain!

Yum! So simple yet so yummy!

Oh my Jenny! These look fabulous! What will you come up with next? :)

Caley says:

So cute! I love all your cross-section pictures with Oreos or whatever other goodness inside. ;)

Fanny says:

Your blog is a delight ! I’m a big fan since I discovered you through Instagram.
    I just ordered 2 books : one for my sister and one for me, we love the american way of cooking !
    Hope the book will arrive quick in France, can’t wait to read it !

My husband LOVES chocolate covered oreos…he would go crazy for these!!

Holy buttercream, Batman! I need these! They look gorgeous, Jenny.

i mean, who ISN’T an oreo addict?! these look crazy good!

Marie says:

Wow those look amazing. I love your step by step images, it just makes it all the more appealing!

Love your blog!

Tonya says:

These look amazing! I am now addicted to the Gingerbread Oreos. OMGoodness!

You are so brilliant! :) I can’t imagine anyone not loving Oreos

Just when I think you’ve come up with every possible way to use an Oreo…! This is such a great idea and better than just dipping an Oreo. Although that’s pretty good too.

Victoria says:

Only 4 servings? That would only be enough for me and a glass of milk. >:0)

Bethany says:

Jenny, you are a genius. A true genius. Oh dear. My diet.

This is the best thing I’ve seen in a long time! Thanks for the recipe :)

You truly are the Oreo queen!! Ever deep fried them?

Lynna says:

This looks crazyyy Jenny! I must try this out one day. I love Reese’s and I love oreos. You just made the filling an oreo. LOVE ♥

Those look stunning! I have been on a cookie bar kick. Thats all I seem to be baking and posting on the blog these days. So I know what you mean :) These little cookie cups are so fun and I love those liners too! So perfect!!

This looks easy and delicious and pretty ! Who can ask more ?? ;)

[...] RECIPE TAKEN FROM PICKY PALATE [...]

yum yum yum yum YUM!! that’s all :)

Alyssa Queen says:

Omg. Oreos!! 0.0
    Like I needed more of a reason to eat/want oreos… lol.

ALl my favorite things in one place. It’s like you can see into my soul.

Christian Rene Friborg says:

My sweet tooth is itching to give one of these a bite.

Faru says:

Love this One….. Going to make this tomorrow morning…..
    Can I ask u , should I let it set at room temp or in the refrigerator ?????

Allison says:

Where did you find those short liners? I’ve looked in several stores and can’t find them.

[...] From: http://picky-palate.com/2012/11/15/chocolate-oreo-buttercream-cups/ [...]