Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Dec
2012

Peanut Butter Snickers Brownie Skillet

Tags: , ,

Desserts

Boy oh boy, why is it that every time I bake in a cast iron skillet I wanna just grab a fork and steal the whole thing to eat myself, lol!

This brownie should be outlawed.  That is all.

Enjoy friends!

Let’s start by melting your butter then stirring in your chocolate chips.

Stir until melted.  It’s ok if it’s not 100% smooth.

Time for some dry ingredients.

Pinch of salt :)

Sugar!

Some brown sugar please.

Give a good mix.

Stir in some lovely eggs and a touch of oil.

Mix and it will look like this.

American Heritage Chocolate sent me some of their chocolate to sample and I used their block for these brownies.  Umm….I could have eaten the whole block myself let’s put it that way :)

Yes Please!

Stir in your chocolate chunks!

Pour half of batter into your cast iron skillet.

Spread evenly.

Ahhh, the peanut butter snickers.  Love the square size.

Place them evenly over your brownie layer.

Spread remaining brownie layer over top of Snickers.

Bake and Voila’!  Gorgeous.  Dust with powdered sugar, makes it fancy :)

See, told ya.

• 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 cups chocolate chunks, I used American Heritage Chocolate
  • 10 snack size Peanut Butter Snickers squares

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9 inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray.
  2. Place butter into a large mixing bowl and microwave until melted and hot, about 45 seconds or so. Pour in chocolate chips and stir until mostly melted. It’s ok, if it’s not perfectly smooth. Add flour, salt and sugars. Mix a few times then add egg yolks and oil. Mix until well combined then add chocolate chunks.
  3. Transfer half of the batter to prepared skillet, spreading evenly. Top with Peanut Butter Snickers then top with remaining brownie batter. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until cooked through.

Makes 9-12 Servings

Disclosure:  This is a sponsored post for Gold Medal Flour but thoughts are my own.

Comments

Michelle says:

Hmmmm you’re killing a pregnant mom here! I’m pinning this for later! I’d love if you’d link it up to our weekly linky here http://michellesfavoritethings.blogspot.com/p/tuesdays-tasting-party.html

The fact that you made a brownie rather than cookie in the skillet is awesome. I love skillet cookies & even though I’ve never had a skillet brownie, I bet it’s even better. And PB snickers, oh yes!

Amanda says:

AMAZING!! :) Seriously swooning over your photos girl! :)

Outlawed recipes are usually the best!

When I worked at a rib place (what feels like ages ago) we made our brownie desserts in skillets, topped them off with huge balls of ice cream and whipped cream, chocolate shavings, the whole thing. There were days after an incredibly long shift that the only thing I could get in the mood for was making myself one of those skillets and drowning myself in it for an hour or so. Gosh, good memories!

Where do you come up with these ideas!?

Oh my good god. This is fantastical.

marla says:

Looks great Jenny ~ love that you made it in a skillet!

Wenderly says:

Oh heavens does that EVER LOOK DIVINE!!!!

Oh. My. Word. YESSSSS.

You’ve opened a whole new world to me. I just started cooking with a cast iron skillet. Now I shall bake ridiculous brownies, too!!

Good GRAVY! I’m glad you posted this BEFORE January 1st! Hmm… I wonder if I could make this, throw my face into the pan, clean up the mess, and cover the facial burns…all before my boyfriend gets home from work?! Think I might take a chance! :)

Duey23 says:

Dayyyyum. Now I have to go buy a 9″ cast iron skillet. That is amazing and of course, you can use any type of candy. I’m imagining Fannie Mae Mint Meltaways in the middle of that as well.

delish– even better that it’s made in a skillet!

JulieD says:

This looks amazing, Jenny!! Sigh :D Hope you have a happy Christmas with you and your family!!

Toni says:

Ooh! I’m so excited! I’ve been waiting for this one. Thank you for posting it!

Ed says:

Put coconut on top instead of powered sugar and it tastes great

Jenny! You’ve gone and done it now. YUM! Enjoy AZ!

[...] Read the rest of Peanut Butter Snickers Brownie Skillet [...]

I have never cooked a brownie in a skillet before!

Lauren says:

Saw you on television the other day and was stoked! Can’t remember if it was Food Network or Cooking Channel but what a treat. You were a natural! Would love to see you fly solo on this:) Happy Holidays xo.

ADR says:

Made this for my my coworkers. They loved them!! Thanks so much.

[...] OHMIGOD. Maybe we can postpone the start of healthy eating SLIGHTLY, you need to make THIS peanut butter snickers brownie cake [...]

Cherie says:

Left my skillet behind when I moved, and don’t have room for more kitchen gadgets. Can this be baked in a pan of some sort? Thanks!

Sa-weet mamma jamma these look phenomenal. And I love that it only takes one bowl!

Sugar Baby says:

This looks INSANELY good! I’m adding it to my (long) list of baking projects…thanks for sharing. :-)

Jana says:

This looks Sooo good!! My hubby loves snickers squared so I would love to make this for him.. Only problem is that I don’t own a skillet. Can I make it in something else or would it not turn out the same?