Boy oh boy, why is it that every time I bake in a cast iron skillet I wanna just grab a fork and steal the whole thing to eat myself, lol!
This brownie should be outlawed. That is all.
Let’s start by melting your butter then stirring in your chocolate chips.
Stir until melted. It’s ok if it’s not 100% smooth.
Time for some dry ingredients.
Pinch of salt 🙂
Some brown sugar please.
Give a good mix.
Stir in some lovely eggs and a touch of oil.
Mix and it will look like this.
American Heritage Chocolate sent me some of their chocolate to sample and I used their block for these brownies. Umm….I could have eaten the whole block myself let’s put it that way 🙂
Stir in your chocolate chunks!
Pour half of batter into your cast iron skillet.
Ahhh, the peanut butter snickers. Love the square size.
Place them evenly over your brownie layer.
Spread remaining brownie layer over top of Snickers.
Bake and Voila’! Gorgeous. Dust with powdered sugar, makes it fancy 🙂
See, told ya.
Nom Nom Nom.
Peanut Butter Snickers Brownie Skillet
- 1 stick/8 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chocolate chunks, I used American Heritage Chocolate
- 10 snack size Peanut Butter Snickers squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9 inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Place butter into a large mixing bowl and microwave until melted and hot, about 45 seconds or so. Pour in chocolate chips and stir until mostly melted. It’s ok, if it’s not perfectly smooth. Add flour, salt and sugars. Mix a few times then add egg yolks and oil. Mix until well combined then add chocolate chunks.
- Transfer half of the batter to prepared skillet, spreading evenly. Top with Peanut Butter Snickers then top with remaining brownie batter. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until cooked through.
Makes 9-12 Servings
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.