Mar
2013

Cadbury Egg Cookie Cake Bars

Tags: , ,

Cookies

Cadbury Egg Cookie Cake Bars 5t

You know those Cadbury Eggs you pass down the Easter isle of your grocery store and they seem to be calling your name? Well this happened to me last week, lol!

These simple cookie cake bars are absolutely sinful and perfect to perk up anyone’s day. Chopped Cadbury Eggs and mini chips throughout buttery cookie cake bars. It’s a win win if you ask me!

Enjoy friends!

Cadbury Eggs

It’s a lovely sight, isn’t it? I don’t know if these remind me of being a kid or what, but I love them!

cake mix

Simple simple….add your cake mix and very softened butter to a large bowl.

IMG_0186

Add an egg.

IMG_0191

I had such pretty light this day. Love this shot :)

IMG_0195

Add a few tablespoons of canola oil.

IMG_0209

Some mini chocolate chips!

Cadbury Eggs

Now the fun part. Slice open those Cadbury Eggs! I remember asking my mom as a little girl if these were real live chocolate eggs :)

IMG_0246

Seriously.

Dough

Transfer your dough to a 9×13 inch baking dish.

IMG_0265

Make sure you don’t mix your Cadbury Eggs too much. You want the ooey gooey centers just barely mixed in like this.

Cadbury Egg Cookie Cake Bars by Picky Palate

The hardest part of the recipe is waiting the 30 minutes to cut them into squares!

Cadbury Egg Cookie Cake Bars by Picky Palate

The gooey Cadbury centers give the bars an almost marshmallow-y consistency. You’ll love these.

Cadbury Egg Cookie Cake Bars by Picky Palate

Cadbury Egg Cookie Cake Bars

Cadbury Egg Cookie Cake Bars by PIcky Palate www.picky-palate.com Ingredients

• 1 stick/1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1 large egg
  • 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
  • 1 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 5 Cadbury Eggs, chopped

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9×13 inch baking dish with foil that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
  2. Place butter, cake mix, egg, oil and chocolate chips into a large mixing bowl, stirring to combine into dough. Gently stir in chopped Cadbury Eggs to combine. Transfer dough to prepared baking dish and press evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes until baked through. Let cool for 30 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve and enjoy!

Makes 12-16 bars

Comments

Oh, wow. These would be a huge hit in our house! I actually just picked up some of those Cadbury Eggs at Target yesterday. They’re impossible to walk past!

Ella says:

Looks yummy but I would never use canola oil.

Best use ever of those Cadbury eggs! I love the mini choc chips too!

OOOH these look fantastic!

I’ve honestly never seen a recipe using cadburuy creme eggs before. These look so good and maybe a bit dangerous! I’m afraid I wouldn’t be able to stop myself from eating them all up!

Jessica says:

I might pop the eggs in the fridge for a while to solidify the centers. I saw that trick with a “Deviled Cadbury Egg” recipe before (basically half the egg topped with yellow frosting and red sprinkles to look like a deviled egg :-)). Adding to my “do eventually” list!

Tieghan says:

Wow, do those sound and look awesome! I need these in my life!

Such a great idea!!! These sound wonderful!

What a fun bar treat!

I never though to use the cream filled eggs in baking! These bars sound so good!

Claire says:

Sorry for sounding thick but what is yellow cake mix?

Amanda says:

I am not even kidding, I would pay big, big money for these. You seriously just created what I imagine would be my favorite dessert OF ALL TIME.

Stacey I says:

They look divine!! Could I use salted butter instead of unsalted? Would it make much of a difference?

Megly says:

The end product will taste a bit saltier. I like salty/sweet desserts, so it wouldn’t bother me, but it’s something to consider.

Brianna says:

Yum! I haven’t had one of those Easter Chocolate eggs since I was a kid! There’s something about food that brings back childhood memories…all the more delish :).

Dana N says:

Oh. My. Goodness! I loooooove Cadbury Creme Eggs – I so need to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing!

Danger danger! These look almost too scrumptious. My will power fails me with desserts like this.

Oh dear Lordy, these are calling my name!

Grace says:

I can describe this is one word for you. “LIFE”!! Lol! I want these sooooo bad!

I NEED to make these. Seriously, they look absolutely amazing. Easter candy has been calling me for weeks now!

wow, oh wow! what a brilliant idea to use those luscious cadbury eggs for a cookie bar! they look wonderful, Jenny!!

What a FUN idea! I’ll probably be making these AFTER Easter with all the Cadbury eggs the Easter bunny brings. :)

I’ve never been too fond of those Cadbury Creme Eggs, but all mushed up in that delicious batter would be an entirely different story! Those look scrumptious!

Brooke says:

Do you think you could do the ones with carmel in them? Or does it just need to be the orginal ones for this recipe?

Thanks

Sues says:

Yes, yes, and yes!! These look so amazing.

Kim F says:

Cannot wait to make them! They look awesome!

Robyn says:

I tried there.. very difficult to cut. The gooey creme eggs make it a mess. However- wonderfully delicious!!

Teresa Young says:

oooooh these look delicious!

No my God! Ha. These look so adorable and delish!

Liz says:

My very favourite – cream eggs – oh goodness. Thank you.

Kristen says:

What?? Love these – what a great idea.

Dana says:

The bars look yummy, but I love your cake stand! Such a pretty blue…

chris says:

Oh Jenny, these cookie cake bars look amazing! I’ve never used a Cadbury egg in a recipe – guess they don’t last that long.

Gaby says:

HELL YES. I love these!

marla says:

LOVE Cadbury Eggs ~ Such a fun Easter treat Jenny!

Amanda says:

I love this Jenny! I’m not stopping at imagining the taste of these, they have to be made! :)

Bakearama says:

How absolutely amazing! Didn’t you just want to eat the cookie dough??

now this is the way I would eat cadbury eggs…these look so perfect delicous.

Wow! I love these eggs and feel the urge to make a trip to Cost Plus for some swag. I should introduce my kids to them and carry on our tradition :)Genius.

Wow! What a perfect idea! Love it!

Cookie, cake AND Cadbury Eggs all in one dessert? Yes, please!

Taylor says:

I made these for my youth group this weekend for Sunday School, and they were a big hit. Thanks!!!

Bonnie says:

Just made this! My daughters will love it after school!

[...] were absolutely delicious!  I’ve run out of steam in posting recipes so head on over to Picky Palate for the recipe and just substitute in your favourite gluten free cake mix (525 grams worth). I [...]

[...] I ran into a few small snags with this recipe – I would have omitted the chocolate chips in favour of more creme egg, I didn’t feel that the creme egg distribution was even.  But otherwise, a great, easy, and really neat recipe to try.  Doesn’t take very long, and tastes great.  You can find the original Picky Palate recipe here. [...]

Jenn says:

I’m unclear how much butter to use by the way its written!

[...] went home: French toast casserole (recipe below), bacon, bacon gravy, and biscuits. I had also made Cadbury cream egg cookie bars the day before. Many were eaten and many were sent home with my in-laws and our friends! They were [...]

kim says:

YUMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have beeen follwing u forever picky pallette!! this is the first time I comment but let me say I love ur cookie recipes u are amazing! Made this one last night but subsituted the eggs with rollos chocolates. amazing!! xoxox

David Taal says:

OMG – the only thing better than this is if you could spear the cake batter over your tits and upload the photos