May
2013

Snickerdoodle-like Cinnamon and White Chip Cookies

Tags: , , , , ,

Cookies

Snickerdoodle-like Cinnamon and White Chip Cookies by Picky Palate

I could not for the life of me think of a clever name for these cookies.  They have a very “snickerdoodl-y” like taste, but I don’t use cream of tarter or roll them in cinnamon sugar like traditional snikerdoodles, so I was stumped!  After some back and forth, “Snickerdoodle-like Cinnamon and White Chip Cookies” were born, lol!

They have a lovely texture and knock your tastebuds out cinnamon white chocolate flavor.  My husband said they are one of his very favorites.

Hope you enjoy, have a great rest of your week!

Snickerdoodle-Like Cinnamon and White Chip Cookies 2

Cream your butter and sugars.

eggs and vanilla

Egg and vanilla.

Snickerdoodle-Like Cinnamon and White Chip Cookies 3

Dry ingredients please :)

vanilla pudding

For a great texture, I add a few tablespoons of vanilla instant pudding mix.  You can leave this out if you’d rather.

Snickerdoodle-Like Cinnamon and White Chip Cookies 3

Snickerdoodle-ish Cookies-8

Some beautiful white chips.

Snickerdoodle-Like Cinnamon and White Chip Cookies 4

I was jumping up and down at the grocery store when I found cinnamon chips.  I know it can be tricky to find them.  You can always find them on Amazon too.  They are great in cookies, brownies and about anything.

Snickerdoodle-Like Cinnamon and White Chip Cookies 5

Perfection.

Snickerdoodle-Like Cinnamon and White Chip Cookies 6

Ready for the oven.

Snickerdoodle-Like Cinnamon and White Chip Cookies 7

How pretty are they?!  Love this recipe.

Snickerdoodle-Like Cinnamon and White Chip Cookies by Picky Palate

Hope….

Snickerdoodle-Like Cinnamon and White Chip Cookies by Picky Palate

You….

Snickerdoodle-Like Cinnamon and White Chip Cookies by Picky Palate

Enjoy :)

Snickerdoodle-like Cinnamon and White Chip Cookies

Snickerdoodle-like Cinnamon and White Chip Cookies by Picky Palate Ingredients

• 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 3 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix (dry)
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup cinnamon chips
  • 1 cup white chips

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
  2. In a stand mixer, cream your butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla beating to combine. Slowly add your flour, pudding mix, salt baking soda and cinnamon. Add chips and mix until just combined.
  3. Using a medium cookie scoop, place dough onto prepared baking sheet, about 1 inch apart from each other. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until baked through. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve and enjoy.

Makes about 2 dozen cookies

Comments

They look wonderful! Last week I posted Snickerdoodle Cinnamon Chip cookies! I love cinnamon chips but had a hard time finding them til finally I found some at a random grocery store I never usually go to.

I love that you used white chocolate, too. And pudding mix. Makes them so soft! I just added some to a banana bread recipe. Love it for the soft texture!

Lisa Jones says:

Hi Jenny
    they look awesome, but the steps and quantity aren’t showing up, you may want to fix that ( :
    thanks!

Lisa Jones says:

Also, just to confirm, there is no baiking flour/soda in the recipe?

Thanks again!

Cookies look great, I could go for 6 of them right about now! :P

Anne says:

I was wondering if you could tell me the brand and size cookie scoop you use. I have tried many but most seem to break or are too difficult to use. Thanks!

Tieghan says:

These look so good!! I love using pudding mix in cookies!

These look great! So nice that they’re cinnamon but not snickerdoodles. Cinnamon chips are the best!

Deborah says:

These look just perfect!!

These look beautiful and I’m very jealous of both your lovely KitchenAid mixers :-)

I would have been jumping up and down at the cinnamon chips, too! My regular grocer never carries them!

Blake says:

Hey jenny
    Can you make these without cinnamon chips? cant seem to find them :)

I’ve seen cinnamon chips but haven’t used them yet! They look good. Love the photos

Those cookies look so good! The next time I visit the US I am so going to have to look for those cinnamon chips in some grocery stores!

Vera says:

I’m so lucky! I live near a terrific Mennonite bulk food store, and they always carry mini-cinnamon chips. The minis kind of spread the flavor out through whatever I use them in. They’re very good in oatmeal cookies!!!

I absolutely need more cookies in my life so this is perfect! Thanks for the craving :)

I need to source myself some cinnamon chips STAT!!!

sharon cocanour says:

I’m going to make these for the kids next door. They are always doing little things for me such as bringing me lemondade and M * M’s and just being great kids

hey that name works for me…not only was i oogling over the making of these cookies…but the beautiful green and pink kitchen aids being used. love those colors!

It has been way too long since I have made cookies. I need to get back to it, starting with these! I need the whole batch ;)

Crystal says:

Delicious!! My husband is a huge cinnamon and snickerdoodle fan. He is going to love these. I can’t wait to make them. Thanks for the recipe!

These look delicious! I love cinnamon chips, and order them from King Arthur Flour because it is so hard to find them in stores! PS love your mani!

Definitely digging these! Yum!!

Love the addition of the pudding! That is just a magical ingredient, isn’t it! These look divine!

Whatever the name be, I want this cookies in my life :D

JulieD says:

These look so good, Jenny! Can you bring some to Austin with you? ;)

Love these, Jenny! Wish I had one right now!

Tracy says:

I hate to sound like a dope but you call the chips “white chips” . . .I assume you mean white chocolate but they also do make vanilla chips . . . did you use something in particular?
    Again, I hate to sound dumb!!!!1

Cinnamon chips! Super dooper cool! These must have been heavenly!

Mmmm…Jenny, these look sooo good. They wouldn’t last long around my house!

Wow ! These look great, Jenny!

Glad I have 5 bags of cinnamon chips in our freezer:)

These are awesome!!! I love the idea of the snickerdoodle-esque cookie. Delicious and soo wonderful!

marla says:

Such fun cookies!!! Have a great weekend Jenny!

[...] their awkward name, Snickerdoodle-like Cinnamon and White Chip Cookies look elegant and dainty. Maybe they should have been called CinnaChip Cookies or SnickerChip [...]

Kevin says:

Hi Jenny! These are absolutely gorgeous! How about SnickerChip Cookies? or CinnaChip Cookies? Whatever you call them, they look delicious and I’ve shared them on my wordpress blog where I curate cookie recipes: http://kevinmorrice.wordpress.com

This cookies are so cute! I love how they are a variation of snickerdoodles, not the real thing

Erin says:

You can actually make your own cinnamon chips! Here’s the recipe I found. http://www.brighteyedbaker.com/2012/03/04/diy-cinnamon-chips/
    Super easy, makes the house smell absolutely heavenly, keeps in the pantry well, and they are actually made out of cinnamon (unlike many of the packaged cinnamon chips).

Melissa says:

I almost never reply to blogs, but I made these last night and they were wonderful. I didn’t think I would like them but thought my husband would, we both loved them and so did my girls. The only change I made was use dark brown sugar (because I ran out of regular) but stuck to your recipe and doubled it so I could use the entire bags of chips. They taste like a cinnamon roll in cookie form! Thank you for the recipe!

Jaime says:

Jenn,

Do you think I could use cook and serve pudding instead of instant? My SIL left some in my cabinet and I’m hoping to use them in a recipe soon. Thanks!

Carol H says:

I found the cinnamon chips at Walmart last week when I went into the States looking for baby shower stuff. I think they may have been in Wegman’s also. Looking forward to making these soon. Can I ask where you bought the little milk bottle that is in the picture with the cookies, they would be perfect for the shower. Thanks!

[...] Original recipe from the Picky Palate.  [...]

Marci C says:

I just made a batch of these cookies. I don’t care what you call them, they are DELICIOUS! I didn’t have the vanilla pudding mix so I substituted it with butterscotch instant pudding. Only regret… I didn’t DOUBLE the batch! These won’t last but a day in my house!! Thanks for sharing what might just be my family’s new favorite cookie recipe!!

Kim H says:

These look like the cookies I am looking for! I just picked up a bag of the new M&M pumpkin spice and thought they would taste better in a cookie than by themselves. Thanks so much for giving me a good cookie base that should taste great with them, though if you made them they would probably taste better :)

Jaime says:

I just made these today…They are so good!!! I don’t think they will last long in my house. Thanks for the recipe :)

Ann Whitside says:

I have two questions: I want to quadruple this recipe. Would it be best to do it in smaller batches? Also, I do not have a stand mixer, just a hand mixer. Do you think I will still get good results with a hand mixer?

DeeDee says:

Ok, so I was still swooning over your hot pink Kitchenaid when I opened the very next post to see you using this green one (with pink still in the background)!! My question is, exactly how many awesome- colored stand mixers do you have??? :) Loving your blog, btw. I’ve been baking 2 years now and a good stand mixer is all I’m still severely missing in my life! Oh, and a donut pan! Lol

[…] had a baby, this cookie would be that delicious little offspring. The original recipe is posted on Picky Palate, but this one uses a different type of pudding in the recipe. My mom made this tasty substitution […]

Ali says: