Oh boy, this cake is a dream. I made it for my sweet Mom’s birthday while they were visiting this week…..and it’s safe to say we liked it
You’ll find eggless peanut butter cookie dough layered between 2 homemade chocolate cakes topped with my double chocolate frosting. Find a special occasion to make this cake ASAP!
Bake your cakes and let them cool.
While your cakes are cooling, make the peanut butter cookie dough layer. Start with some flour!
Add your peanut butter, butter, sugars, vanilla and milk.
Let’s start the frosting shall we?
You gotta try a lick.
Place your cooled cake onto your cake stand, top with a nice thick layer of peanut butter cookie dough and top with second cake.
Frost all sides of this baby!
Unwrap 20 or so of these little bites and top them on the center of your cake if desired.
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Layered Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup canola oil
Eggless Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
Double Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 20 mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray two 9 inch cake pans with cooking spray and the bottoms lined with parchment paper.
- Heat the milk in a microwave safe bowl until hot, about 45-60 seconds. Remove and add chocolate chips. Let sit for 1 minute then stir to melt.
- In a stand mixer, mix the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and baking soda to combine. Slowly add the eggs, sour cream, oil and melted chocolate mixture until combined. Divide batter between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until baked through. Remove and let cool. Remove cakes from pans.
- To prepare cookie dough, beat butter and peanut butter until creamy and smooth. Add sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, flour and milk mixing until thick and cookie dough consistency.
- To prepare frosting, beat butter until creamy. Slowly add powdered sugar and cocoa until thick. Beat in melted chocolate. Stack one cake on top of a cake plate and top with peanut butter cookie dough layer. Top with second cake and Frost entire cake. Top with halved Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.
Makes 10 Servings