Sep
2013

Candy Bar Crusher Cookies

Tags:

Cookies

Candy Bar Crusher Cookies-16tt

Last Sunday night the boys and I got in the kitchen and decided we wanted to make cookies with some of our favorite candy bars crushed inside.  The result was a candy bar cookie–and it was a very good idea, lol!  Have some fun and crush your family favorite candy bars right inside your cookie dough.  Use my Candy Bar Crusher Cookie Dough recipe below for a great buttery outside and chewy center with great texture.

Fall is getting closer and closer–we all know it’s the best time of year for cooking and baking!  I am just getting warmed up. :)

Candy Bar Crusher Cookies-1

Let’s get started by creaming your butter and sugars.  I used my favorite mixing bowl for my cookies today, but feel free to use your stand mixer :)

Candy Bar Crusher Cookies-3

Brown sugar!

Candy Bar Crusher Cookies-5

Once creamed, add your egg and vanilla.

Candy Bar Crusher Cookies-7

Dry ingredients up next :)

Candy Bar Crusher Cookies-8

I added a few tablespoons of pudding mix for a lovely texture.  Give it a try!

Candy Bar Crusher Cookies-9

Chocolate chips please.

Candy Bar Crusher Cookies-10

Here are some of the candy bars we crushed for our dough.  Use your favorites!

Candy Bar Crusher Cookies-11

One Butterfinger Bar crushed, mmm!  Finely chop/crush the rest of the bars and add them to the dough.  See recipe for details.

Candy Bar Crusher Cookies-12

This dough is ridiculous in the best way possible.

Candy Bar Crusher Cookies-13

Time to bake!

Candy Bar Crusher Cookies-17t

Yes and Yes.  Enjoy friends :)

Candy Bar Crusher Cookies-20t

For other great cookie ideas, please check out the cookie archive here.

Candy Bar Crusher Cookies

• 1 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 1 regular size Butterfinger Bar, crushed
  • 1/2 Nestle Crunch Bar, finely chopped
  • 1/2 Kit Kat Bar, finely chopped
  • 1/2 PayDay, finely chopped

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
  2. Cream butter and sugars into a large bowl until well combined. Stir in egg and vanilla, mixing until well combined. Add flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt. Mix slightly until dough just starts to form then add chocolate chips and crushed/chopped candy bars. Mix until dough is combined.
  3. With a medium cookie scoop, place dough onto prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes until edges just start to turn golden. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve and enjoy!

Makes 2 dozen cookies

This post contains affiliate links.

Comments

I would polish off a batch of these so fast!

Orla says:

Love these!! Great idea! :)

Tieghan says:

Yeah, these would be gone in 60 seconds flat around here! Amazing!

Oh my goodness — these look WAY too fun! And Butterfinger is my favorite! :)

deeb says:

Oh my goodness the pictures of the cookies look soo mumm good. I will be making this receipe soon real soon.:)

I LOVE these! Such a fun way to use up the leftover candy in my pantry too!

Oh boy Jenny! these are just sinful!

Amanda says:

Oh heaven help me these look amazing. You rock!

These look fabulous!!!!!

Amazing it is like party in a cookie!

Beth Wold says:

This would be a great way to use up some Halloween candy!

marla says:

My kids want these after school. I am certain!

I love the name of this and I LOVE all that candy in there! Definitely perfect for the kids!

Give me some Kit-Kat inside a cookie and you have one happy girl! YUM!

Christina says:

These cookies are ridiculous! Ridiculously amazing I’m sure. This would be a great way to use up any Halloween candy.

Asma says:

They look irresistible :D I don’t have pudding mix in where I live,is there any substitution ?? Many thankd for sharing such a wonderful recipes.

Yum. These would make me very happy. I’ll take a dozen. :)

These are fabulous! Love the soft, chewy, looking centre!

Gaby says:

I am seriously loving cookies with jello packets in them! They make cookies so moist and soft! These would be amazing

naomi says:

Crazy awesome! Enough said.

OH yum. These seem like the perfect day-after-trick-or-treat cookie. I’m saving this recipe for sure!

I have a candy bar crush on these cookies! ;)

Open mouth… insert ALL OF THEM! :)

Ashley M. says:

These look so yummy and delicious for fall. Also a great way to use up all the kiddo’s halloween candy :)

you are totally right Jenny fall is the best time for baking and being in the kitchen. I know that my family will love these expecially if I make them with Butterfinger candy bars

Barb says:

They look so good! What does the pudding mix do to the cookie?

These sound fabulous! Saving for all the Halloween candy!

What a great way to use up Halloween candy!

Maegan @ The BakerMama says:

You had me the moment I read the recipe title! These look awesome! Fun cookies to bake with the kids!

I love that this is a hodgepodge of all sorts of candy bar goodness!

Helen says:

I made these last night, taste and smell wonderful. What a great way to get rid of leftover candies in the fridge but mine spread out so much even I put the dough in the fridge between batches. Is there a way to fix that? Thank you so much for a great recipe

I’m totally in love with these cookies. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Dockery says:

These are making my mouth water! I’ve never been able to get my cookies to look as perfect as yours are in this photo.

Lyss says:

Made these. This recipe is a keeper. I had someone tell me these were “sellable” (not a real word, I know). Not healthy, but definitely good.

These look DIVINE! I’m definitely going to have to try these out with a bunch of different candy bars.

Seems like such a fitting Halloween treat!

Melissa B in IL says:

These are a great use for the leftover candy I’m tired of staring at… but only have a bunch of mini butterfinger. How many cups of candy would you say the recipe uses?

[…] the year, the last two months have been even worse. For some, they see no problem bringing Candy Bar Cookies on a Tuesday morning (cough, Alex Boekelheide, cough) because they either ride their bike 30 miles […]

betsy says:

how many cups of chopped candy do you think this was? I’m wanting to use leftover Easter candy and it’s all mini candy bars.

Flee says:

How much Butter is a stick of Butter? We generally just get 500gm or 1kg bricks of butter.
    Would live to try these for the Man… Yummy Thanks