Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo

Tags: , ,

My Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo takes a whole 10 minutes from start to finish. Treat yourself today!

Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo

I love making soup in the winter…well actually all year long :)  My soup is ready from start to finish in about 10 minutes.

The ultimate creamy tomato soup without the guilt.  I used Greek Yogurt today for a light and fabulous soup.  I topped each bowl of soup with a scoop of a simple cheesy orzo (don’t worry, it’s just a touch of cheese).  Adds great texture to the soup.

Enjoy friends!

Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo-1

Pretty simple line-up for you today.  I didn’t add the seasonings here, but I figure you have those in the pantry :)

Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo-2

Break out your favorite blender and pour in your Fire Roasted Tomatoes.

Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo-4

Greek Yogurt, salt and pepper up next.

Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo collage

Just a touch of Lawry’s Garlic Salt.

Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo-6

Let’s get the 1/2 cup dry orzo ready.

Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo-7

You cook it just like any other pasta you are used to.  Boil until al dente then drain :)

Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo-9

Transfer your cooked orzo to a bowl.

Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo-10

A touch of salt and pepper please.

Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo-11

Last but not least, a couple tablespoons of shredded cheese.  Now, you can leave the cheese out, but….please don’t :)

Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo

Creamy, dreamy and pretty darn healthy :)

Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo

Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo

Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo

Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy OrzoPrep time: 5 min | Cook time: 5 min | Total time: 10 min

• 15 ounce can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s Garlic Salt
  • 1/2 cup dry orzo
  • 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese

1. Place tomatoes, yogurt, salt, pepper and garlic salt into a high powered blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
  2. Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in salt, pepper and cheese until melted.
  3. Pour soup into bowls and top with cheesy orzo.

Makes 2-4 Servings

LOVE the recipe! greek yogurt is genius for making creamy tomato soup!

Liz says:

Nice and easy. Thank you and Happy Wednesday.

marla says:

Ohhhhh. I love that this tomato soup is skinny!

Such a fun twist on a classic! Tomato soup brings back childhood memories because it’s my moms favorite.

Naomi says:

Love how easy this is and —in a blender? Even easier!

We make this soup all of the time! A favorite at our house!

This soup sounds delicious!

Love the idea of using orzo as a soup topping!

Marti says:

This looks and sounds great! Especially when it’s cold outside or better yet when you’re feeling under the weather! My allergies are not liking the weather today, this would be perfect!

Jaime says:

The recipe looks great, can’t wait to try it! I have to ask though – what’s up with your nail polish?

I love soup year round too!

Amanda says:

Ok, I’m craving some tomato soup now! So yum! :)

YES YES YES! Creamy tomato soup is my ultimate favorite and something cheesy is a must :) Just curious: the yogurt doesn’t separate funny when you heat it up, does it? I haven’t used it in a lot of hot applications because I’m scared of ruining a good meal with a weird look/texture.

Love that it takes no time to make this comforting soup!

Karen says:

Looks yummy, easy, and perfect for this very cold weather we are having. Love the addition of the orzo. As for you nails, I just thought it was the way your manicure was supposed to be. Just thought you had a nice red design there….no worries.

Tieghan says:

Love that you used greek yogurt!! This soup looks perfect!

I love the combo of the soup with the orzo!

Skinny Soup…I am in! Soup is such comforting meal!

Tomato soup is my absolute FAVORITE!! So excited about this recipe :)

Beth says:

I keep plain non-fat greek yogurt on hand, always,. Can I use that or do I need regular greek yogurt?

Gaby says:

10 minute soup is brilliant and I love the orzo!!

[…] Simple tomato soup with cheesy orzo. […]

Orzo is one of my favorite pastas, sounds divine in this soup! And greek yogurt soup?! Amaze!

Winnie says:

Looks delicious. I adore orzo and tomato soup. I may have to substitute sour cream for the yogurt as so far, I don’t care for it. So mine won’t be “skinny”. Thanks for sharing!

donna says:

I just had a light dinner party and decided to make this soup. UNBELIEVABLE – it was so delicious and so damn easy to make. My guests were shocked at how simple it was as the taste was complex and wonderful. thank you !

What a great idea for a quick meal. Thanks!

You had me at cheesy orzo, my ultimate weakness!

I am now hungry for tomato soup! I need a big bowl of this delicious soup!

[…] Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo Recipe source: Picky Palate […]

Cristy says:

Any idea on the calories per serving?

Meg says:

I just made this for dinner. I have to say I can’t believe how quick it was to put together and amazed at the depth of flavor!! This will be on my rotation! Thank you for sharing!!

Eugenia says:

Thanks for sharing your info. I truly appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your next post thanks
    once again.

This looks scrumptious! Any idea about how large 1 serving is? 1 cup, 1/5 cups, etc? Thanks!

Cindy says:

Is it possible to estimate calorie count? Thanks!

[…] Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo and Grilled Cheese […]

Simpson ties says:

Thanks for finally writing about >Skinny Tomato Soup
    witth Cheeesy Orzo – Picky Palate <Loved it!

[…] Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo […]

Lindsay says:

I made this yesterday and it was FANTASTIC!!! I had to triple the recipe because my brother is a bottomless pit. I will definitely be making this again and again :)

[…] Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo […]

domain says:

Thanks to my father who stated to me regarding this
    website, this web site is genuinely awesome.

[…] up, Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo from Picky […]