Weeknight Chicken Noodle Soup
My Weeknight Chicken Noodle Soup makes the perfect dinner during these chilly months! Warm, quick to prepare and perfect for this time of year.
There’s something so nostalgic about preparing a giant pot of homemade chicken soup for the family. Easy dinner ideas are the best, especially when comfort food is involved! Not only is this great for weeknights, but it’s perfect for feeding a crowd too. This is an 5 quart dutch oven, you’re likely to have leftovers to share or enjoy later in the week.
How To Make Chicken Noodle Soup
I would like to recommend cutting your vegetables and cooking your chicken in advance. That’s the lengthiest part of making soup, so when you know you are going to prepare this recipe, cut your vegetables before hand. Using rotisserie chicken is a great option for the chicken. It’s flavorful and simple to add in. For more Picky Palate Dinner Recipes click HERE.
For the most part I used dried herbs for simplicity, however if you can get fresh parsley, it really adds such a freshness to your soup. You can also use whatever small pasta you’ve got in your pantry. I used Ditalini, however little shells or elbow or even broken up pieces of spaghetti noodles work great. Hope you enjoy this gorgeous chicken noodle soup recipe! My favorite!
What Do I Serve With Chicken Noodle Soup?
Chicken noodle soup is great on it’s own, but it’s also nice to serve it with a nice loaf of crusty bread and a green salad.
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming next to the blog!
- 1 pound small pasta dry (I used Ditalini)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken rotisserie works great
- 98 ounces reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's Garlic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic lemon seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dry basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce I used Cholula
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup freshly chopped parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions, 2 minutes less than package recommends. Drain and set aside.
- Place the olive oil into a large 8 quart dutch oven over medium heat. When hot, saute onions, carrots, cherry and garlic. Stir in chicken, chicken broth, salt, pepper, garlic salt, garlic lemon, basil, hot sauce and Dijon.
- When hot, reduce heat to simmer. Stir in cooked pasta and fresh parsley. Taste and add additional seasonings according to your liking. Simmer on low until ready to serve.
Pin Chicken Noodle Soup
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.