Mar
2014

Pancetta & Sweet Pea Brown Butter Gnocchi Recipe

Tags: , , , ,

Dinner

My Pancetta and Sweet Pea Brown Butter Gnocchi recipe is the perfect indulgence for your family and friends.

Pancetta and Sweet Pea Brown Butter Gnocchi

Ok, so your kids may not be over the moon about eating this for dinner, but can I just say you have got to try this all to yourself. :)

Have you ever had gnocchi?  I just barely had my first gnocchi experience late last year and now I can’t get enough.

A few weeks ago, I ordered and devoured a brown butter gnocchi dish at a charming restaurant in Tulsa called Tavolo and can’t stop thinking about it.  I decided to just make a version of my own so I could enjoy these again….so glad I did.

Pancetta and Sweet Pea Brown Butter Gnocchi-2

If you’ve never had gnocchi before you are in for such a treat.  It’s a soft pillowy potato pasta dumpling….not even kidding like the best thing ever.  You can find it by all of the other pasta in your grocery store.  Delallo sells my favorite gnocchi.  It literally cooks in boiling water for 3 minutes and DONE.  How sweet is that?

Pancetta and Sweet Pea Brown Butter Gnocchi-1

Cook  your diced pancetta in a little olive oil to get started.

Pancetta and Sweet Pea Brown Butter Gnocchi-3

Cook until nice and browned.  Perfect!

Pancetta and Sweet Pea Brown Butter Gnocchi-4

Add your cooked gnocchi right to the skillet.

Pancetta and Sweet Pea Brown Butter Gnocchi-5

Drizzle in your browned butter.  I know!!

Pancetta and Sweet Pea Brown Butter Gnocchi-6

Toss in some sweet peas, give a stir and you are ready to eat!

Pancetta and Sweet Pea Brown Butter Gnocchi

Not even kidding I could eat this everyday if calories were not an issue, lol!

Pancetta and Sweet Pea Brown Butter Gnocchi

Treat your friends to this simple and fabulous pasta dish next time you are entertaining….or treat yourself!  Enjoy!

Pancetta and Sweet Pea Brown Butter Gnocchi

Pancetta and Sweet Pea Brown Butter Gnocchi

Pancetta and Sweet Pea Brown Butter GnocchiPrep time: 15 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 25 min Ingredients

• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 16 ounces gnocchi, I used Delallo
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 4 ounces diced pancetta
  • 1/2 cup sweet peas, I used canned and drained
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions

1. Melt butter in small saucepan until bubbly and browned. Takes about 5-10 minutes.
  2. Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Generally only takes 3-4 minutes in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
  3. Add oil to large saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add diced pancetta. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes, until browned. Add cooked gnocchi, browned butter, sweet peas, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 5 minutes then serve.

Makes 4 Servings

Comments

I’ve actually never had gnocchi..but I just bought a package and had no idea what to do with it…until now! Brown butter and pancetta?! YES!
    Pinned

Tina Muir says:

Ahhhh I LOVE Gnocchi! Havent cooked with it for so long! This would be so perfect during this phase in my training. With the high mileage I need to keep my carbs up, but I am getting a bit sick of pasta dishes, this would be a great fueling meal that I could enjoy before a long run to help me reach my goal of 1:13 in the half marathon soon! Thanks for the recipe!

I have this new love for gnocchi and the simplicity of it. I’m definitely keeping this recipe.

So nice and simple and tasty!

Tieghan says:

Gnocchi is this best. I love your spring version, it looks delicious!

I am still dreaming of that gnocchi too! We recreated it too:) Love your recipe!

I am happy to get the gnocchi recommendation- I have never bought it before! The pancetta and peas look like a wonderful addition!

Sylvia Ellie says:

I love gnocchi. Have you ever tried to make it? I did a few months ago. It was a sweet potato gnocchi. Although it turned out great and tasted fantastic, I think I’ll opt for store bought next time. Ha! Too much prep time before dinner. Well, I might do it on the weekend and just freeze till I’m ready for it because it was nice to have homemade. I’ll have to try your pea and pancetta gnocchi. The brown butter sounds fantastic.

I saw this on Twitter and had to come check it out, because gnocchi is one of my top lifetime fave foods. So comforting, and I love the brown butter + peas + pancetta.
    PS. Doesn’t Tulsa just have the cutest little gems? My sis went to school there and it was always so much fun visiting her!

Anything with brown butter is a winner in my book! Looks fab, Jenny!

naomi says:

I’m a huge gnocchi fan, pair it with brown butter and I’m all over it! Love this.

Umm anything with brown butter and pancetta makes me swoon!

Elizabeth says:

Thanks for a quick, easy dinner idea! I LOVE gnocchi and usually buy it from Trader Joe’s; so comforting and delicious!

MaryEllen says:

Is this fresh refrigerated gnocci, or is it a dried product?

marla says:

This is such an elegant meal ~ that my kids would actually love!!

Gaby says:

This looks like a fabulous and comforting dish!

Ari says:

Ok, so I’ve always wanted to buy Gnocchi at the grocery store but I wasn’t sure if it would taste as good if you were to get it at a restaurant. But I’m glad you shared that it taste amazing!
    And this might be weird but peas are my absolute favorite vegetable haha! So I know I would love this recipe :)!

Amanda says:

Love gnocchi! Could eat it all the time :)

I have to try gnocchi sometime soon. This looks amazing.

I need you to hold me right now.

Misa Khan says: