Pancetta & Sweet Pea Brown Butter Gnocchi Recipe
Tags: brown butter, dinner, pancetta, pasta, sweet peas
My Pancetta and Sweet Pea Brown Butter Gnocchi recipe is the perfect indulgence for your family and friends.
Ok, so your kids may not be over the moon about eating this for dinner, but can I just say you have got to try this all to yourself.
Have you ever had gnocchi? I just barely had my first gnocchi experience late last year and now I can’t get enough.
A few weeks ago, I ordered and devoured a brown butter gnocchi dish at a charming restaurant in Tulsa called Tavolo and can’t stop thinking about it. I decided to just make a version of my own so I could enjoy these again….so glad I did.
If you’ve never had gnocchi before you are in for such a treat. It’s a soft pillowy potato pasta dumpling….not even kidding like the best thing ever. You can find it by all of the other pasta in your grocery store. Delallo sells my favorite gnocchi. It literally cooks in boiling water for 3 minutes and DONE. How sweet is that?
Cook your diced pancetta in a little olive oil to get started.
Cook until nice and browned. Perfect!
Add your cooked gnocchi right to the skillet.
Drizzle in your browned butter. I know!!
Toss in some sweet peas, give a stir and you are ready to eat!
Not even kidding I could eat this everyday if calories were not an issue, lol!
Treat your friends to this simple and fabulous pasta dish next time you are entertaining….or treat yourself! Enjoy!
Pancetta and Sweet Pea Brown Butter Gnocchi
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 25 min Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 16 ounces gnocchi, I used Delallo
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces diced pancetta
- 1/2 cup sweet peas, I used canned and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in small saucepan until bubbly and browned. Takes about 5-10 minutes.
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Generally only takes 3-4 minutes in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- Add oil to large saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add diced pancetta. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes, until browned. Add cooked gnocchi, browned butter, sweet peas, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 5 minutes then serve.
Makes 4 Servings