Apr
2014

White Chocolate Lemon Poppyseed Blondies

Tags: , , , , ,

Desserts

My White Chocolate Lemon Poppyseed Blondies are perfect for Spring Time entertaining!

White Chocolate Lemon Poppyseed Blondies

Lemon poppyseed is one of my favorite combinations.  Seems to always be a sweet and delicious cake of some sort.  I decided to turn that combination into one delicious blondie if I might say so myself.  It’s dense, chewy and lemon poppyseed delicious.

Dust with a little powdered sugar and you’ve got yourself a beautiful dessert to serve to family and friends.

Enjoy!

White Chocolate Lemon Poppyseed Blondies-2

It’s always a pleasure teaming up with Gold Medal Flour.  I’ve used their flour for years and years.  Nothing better!  You should be able to find lemon curd in the jam section of your grocery store.  For those of you with Trader Joe’s, you can get it there too.  Other than that, pretty standard pantry and refrigerator items.

White Chocolate Lemon Poppyseed Blondies-1

Start by adding your white chips to some hot melted butter.

White Chocolate Lemon Poppyseed Blondies-3

Let it sit for a minute or so then give a little stir.

White Chocolate Lemon Poppyseed Blondies-4

Add your flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.

White Chocolate Lemon Poppyseed Blondies-5

2 lovely eggs.

White Chocolate Lemon Poppyseed Blondies-6

Poppyseeds please.

White Chocolate Lemon Poppyseed Blondies-8

Lemon curd and more white chips :)

White Chocolate Lemon Poppyseed Blondies-9

Give a nice stir to combine.

White Chocolate Lemon Poppyseed Blondies-10

Transfer to a parchment lined square baking dish.

White Chocolate Lemon Poppyseed Blondies-11

Spread evenly to corners then time to bake until golden and baked through!

White Chocolate Lemon Poppyseed Blondies

Let your bars cool completely then cut into squares.  Dust with a little powdered sugar and voila!  Gorgeous and delicious treats.  Enjoy!

White Chocolate Lemon Poppyseed Blondies

White Chocolate Lemon Poppyseed Blondies

White Chocolate Lemon Poppyseed BlondiesPrep time: 10 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 40 min

Ingredients

• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup prepared lemon curd
  • 2 tablespoons poppyseeds

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
  2. Place butter into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30-45 seconds until butter is melted and hot. Add 3/4 cup white chips and let sit for 1 minute. Stir until smooth, if needed place back in microwave for an additional 15-30 seconds to melt through.
  3. Place flour, sugar, chips, baking powder and salt into mixing bowl with melted chocolate. Stir to combine. Stir in eggs and lemon curd and poppyseeds. Stir until well combined. Transfer to prepared baking dish, spreading evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool completely then cut into squares. Serve warm, room temperature or chilled.

Makes 12 Servings

This is a sponsored post for Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are my own.

Comments

I love blondies! I have like about 15? different recipes but never with lemon! Great idea and with the white chocolate, mmm, so good Jenny! pinned

Medeja says:

Lemon poppyseed is also one of my favorite combinations! I must try these blondies!

You had me at white chocolate, but adding lemon and poppy seeds makes me drool!

These look perfectly lovely. My family’s always up for a new lemon poppyseed recipe!

I love lemon poppyseed! I never would have thought to put it in a blondie – great idea!

donna says:

I love and appreciate that this is a one-bowl recipe!

I am a total fool for blondies! Love the lemon poppyseed combo too! Classic, Jenny!

I am on a lemon kick! Love these!

These could not be more perfect for spring/summer. So fresh sounding!!

Seriously adore these blondies!! I love EVERYTHING in them – I kind of want to make it this weekend!

Amanda says:

Love everything about these! Great idea :) xoxo

Simply stunning! Perfect treat for a ski weekend!

These are to die for Jenny!! I absolutely love this recipe!!

Naomi says:

I love the addition of the white chocolate chips in this!

marla says:

These blondes look GREAT! Love the addition of poppy seeds too :)

Manuela says:

Can the white flour be substituted with another?

White chocolate with lemon? They have to be delicious! Fortunately for me I just stocked up on white chocolate.
    Have a beautiful Wednesday!
    P.S. Love your blog. :-)

Liz S. says:

What a fun blondie variety! Can’t beat the refreshing lemon-poppyseed combination.

I agree perfect for spring! Will it ever get here?

oh my gosh, they look soooo good!!!

This is such a gorgeous batch of blondies, and I love the lemon-poppy seed flavor! So summery!

White chocolate and lemon, and lemon and poppyseeds, are such good flavor combos! Love that you added them all up in a blondie. Looks like springtime! :)

Charlette says:

Oh my, two of my favorite things chocolate and lemon!!! I cannot wait to make these. Thanks so much for sharing this with us all.

maria says:

hey, these look amazing!!Is it possible to replace the lemon curd with just zest and juice? …i have no idea where to get lemon curd in germany (or how it’s called..).
    Thanks :)

Hi Maria, you can certainly try just adding zest and maybe 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice instead of the lemon curd. Let me know how it turns out!

Maria, just make it yourself it is very easy!! I’m from Germany too and just discovered lemon curd last year – it is very unique in flavor and totally worth trying!
      You basically just need lemon juice, eggs, butter and sugar. I have a recipe on my blog if you’re looking for one. :)

Erin says:

Just popped a batch in the oven with key lime curd instead of lemon as that was all I had on hand. Can’t wait to try it!

Oh I DEFINITELY need to make these! I have had lemon on the brain lately!

Kris Mc. says:

Love the combination of Lemon curd and white chocolate! Do you know if doubling the recipe would work well (baking it in a larger pan of course)? I’d love to take a large batch to school before Spring Break! They look so FRESH, my mouth is watering! Thanks!

Love, love, love this whole flavour combo, but I never would have thought to make blondies. You’re so creative, Jenny!

These are GORGEOUS Jenny! I love white chocolate and anything with poppyseeds – count me in! What a fun recipe. Pinned!

Tieghan says:

Love the lemon poppy seed combo! Blondies are a great idea and they look so good!

I love this idea for blondies!

WOW these look soooo lovely!!!
    I will have to try them very soon because they’re just what I was looking for. I have never done something with poppyseeds yet and wanted to try and I just happen to have some freshly homemade lemon curd in the fridge!
    Thanks for the idea!

These make me happy just looking at them! Yum! A must try for sure! Pinning!

SO perfect, and gorgeous to boot!!

sandy @ re says:

These look fantastic, Jenny! Love all your special treats over here at Picky Palate! xo

[…] importante de chocolate blanco en casa al que creo que voy a dar salida este fin de semana con esta receta que dice claramente: […]

Carrie says:

I need to try these, but where do you get lemon curd at? I have never heard of that before.

nancy k says:

These look great and I would love to try them but I seems to always have a problem when a recipe calls for melting white chocolate chips. They either never melt or they bind up into a hard mess. Do you have any tricks and/or a specific brand you use that will melt easily? Thanks so much!

Kimberly says:

These turned out fantastically! And, I don’t think mine were completely cooked all the way. I cooked them at 350 for 40 minutes, and they came out like a gooey brownie, which didn’t bother me, but also didn’t look like your picture. The best part was the bottom and edges of the squares, as they had turned into crunchy, chewy, lemony, pieces of perfection. Thanks for the recipe! I will definitely repeat it again, and this time I may even bake it until it looks much like your picture.

Gaby says:

I have been on such a lemon kick lately and these blondes look perfect!

I am dying for these Jenny! I love, love, LOVE lemon, especially blondies!

Precious says:

Thanks for finally writing about >White Chocolate Lemon Poppyseed Blondies –
    Picky Palate <Liked it!

leslie says:

I can’t believe I have never made anything with poppy seeds! Things need to change!

I love lemon and white chocolate together – such a great combination.

[…]  White chocolate lemon poppyseed blondies from Picky Palate. Lemon is such an awesome spring/summer […]

Lizzie says:

I made these last night. They were dense, beautiful, and delicious! Thanks!!

Patty says:

These were outstanding! I used Trader Joe’s lemon curd. Thanks!

Lemon poppy seed muffins are one of my favorite muffins, so I’m sure these bars and great!

Aria Howard says:

I searched for this title and discovered this, never thought
    i’d find the answer