Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Appetizers and Sides
Jan
2015

Tags: , , ,

My Bean and Cheese Burrito Cups make the perfect game day appetizer or any day appetizer for that matter. With only 4 ingredients, they’ll be ready for your guests in no time!

Bean and Cheese Burrito Cups

So excited to share one of the recipes from my Cookbook with you today.  My four ingredient Bean and Cheese Burrito Cups are one of my boys favorite appetizers ever.  They are so simple to prepare it’s not even funny.

I simplified the recipe in my book to only 4 ingredients.  Can’t get better than that!

Hope you can enjoy these fun appetizers for game day or your upcoming parties!

Be sure to check out some other fun Superbowl Recipes HERE.

Enjoy!

Bean and Cheese Burrito Cups

Try to find this Simply Rustic French Bread from Pillsbury.  It’s my favorite.

Bean and Cheese Burrito Cups

Unroll from can and cut into 1 inch slices.

Bean and Cheese Burrito Cups

Once they are cut, press then out slightly to get ready for the cupcake pan.

Bean and Cheese Burrito Cups

Press into your cupcake cups and get ready for the filling.

Bean and Cheese Burrito Cups

Stir the refried beans to soften.

Bean and Cheese Burrito Cups

Mix your favorite salsa brand into the refried beans.  I love the Chipotle Salsa from Trader Joe’s.

Bean and Cheese Burrito Cups

Scoop about 2 tablespoons bean mixture into the dough cups.

Like so 🙂

Bean and Cheese Burrito Cups

Top each with a pinch of cheese and bake for about 15 minutes.  Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!!

Bean and Cheese Burrito Cups

Bean and Cheese Burrito CupsPrep time: 5 min | Cook time: 15 min | Total time: 20 min

Ingredients

• 15 ounces refried beans
  • 1/2 cup salsa (use your favorite)
  • 1 roll/can Pillsbury Simply French Bread Loaf
  • 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions

1. Place beans and salsa into a mixing bowl, mix to combine.
  2. Unroll French Bread loaf from can and cut into 1 inch pieces, about 10 or 11 slices. Press each slice into cupcake tin cups that have been sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Press dough into bottom and up sides of cups. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of bean mixture into cups. Top with pinches of shredded cheese. Bake for about 15 minutes, until bread is golden and cheese melted. Remove and let cool slightly before removing. Serve warm.

Makes 10-12 Servings

FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.

Comments

Liz says:

Clever little recipe. Thank you. Sounds really good.

Chels R. says:

This is a great recipe! I can’t wait to try this out!

Rachel says:

Yum!! These look so good and so easy!!!!

Yum what a cute and tasty idea! I love that you used the Pillsbury Simply bread, it’s so good!

These are a neato burrito snack!! Ahhh! YUM town!

Aggie says:

Oh Jenny these are so creative!! I love it! I would gobble quite a few up 🙂

Oh, I do love how simple and easy these are! My family would gobble them up in a heart beat!

Great great recipe. Very healthy too.

Perfect appetizer! YUM.

Gaby says:

These look delicious! I love easy, no stress appetizers!

Pam says:

What a great idea! These are going in my daughter’s lunch on Monday!

So simple yet creative! I can totally see this being a BIG hit!

perfect for this weekend! yum!!

These are adorable! They’re the perfect bite-sized snack!

Ahhh I used to make stuff like this all the time for Tablespoon! Now I want beans and cheese in my cups. All the cups.

LOVE this idea! =) my munchkin is going to go nuts over these! PINNED =)

marla says:

Such a creative way to serve up burritos for game day!

Julie says:

These are so good and we have made these with black beans too.

Cher says:

Am I wrong but I couldn’t find oven temp. to bake.
    Sounds so simple that I would love to try.

These are so cute!!! Absolutely LOVE refried beans, especially with cheese and salsa! The tube of bread looks so handy, don’t think we can get that in the UK!

Nicole says:

These look like the perfect little bites! I am a bit obsessed with making things {besides muffins} in my muffin tins. I’ll have to add this one to the list!

Sheryl Ghiloni says:

What temperature?

[…] Bean and Cheese Burrito Cups by Jenny – You could also use a whole wheat tortilla as the base – so cute and easy to eat! […]

Christina says:

I made these this morning — delicious!! Do you think they will freeze well?