Peanutty Tagalong Brownies
My Peanutty Tagalong Brownies are the perfect sweet treat for any occasion. Use your Girl Scout Tagalong cookies to make this killer bakery style brownie!
Let’s be honest, how can you turn down the Girl Scouts selling cookies?! I can’t…ever. I’m all about the Tagalongs and Thin Mints no question. Chocolate and peanut butter have always been my weakness, but there’s something about those darn thin mints that make eating the whole sleeve no problem, lol!
I created this uber rich chocolatey thick brownie that will put a big smile on your face. Homemade and peanutty fabulous.
Hope you enjoy this fun Girl Scout cookie creation!
Kind of a good looking line up of ingredients 🙂
First things first, add your chocolate chips to your hot melted butter. Stir until mostly melted. You can add back to the microwave for 20-30 seconds if needed.
Dry ingredients in the bowl next.
Eggs and oil up next.
I used mini chocolate chips, but use your favorite. Chunks work great too.
Almost done 🙂
I quartered 12 Tagalong Girl Scout Cookies to add to the batter. Yippee!
Transfer that fabulous batter to an 8×8 inch baking dish lined with parchment paper.
Drizzle evenly with melted peanut butter.
Top with a layer of peanuts and time to bake!
I swear the hardest part about brownies is waiting for them to cool! Worth the wait though 🙂 Enjoy!
Peanutty Tagalong Brownies
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 45 min | Total time: 55 min
- 1 stick/8 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 12 Tagalong Girl Scout Cookies, quartered
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, melted
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place butter into a large mixing bowl and microwave until melted and hot, about 45 seconds or so. Pour in chocolate chips and stir until mostly melted. It’s ok, if it’s not perfectly smooth, you can add back to the microwave for 20-30 seconds to melt. Add flour, salt and sugars. Mix a few times then add egg yolks and oil. Mix until well combined then add chocolate chips and Tagalongs.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish, spreading evenly. Drizzle with melted peanut butter and peanuts. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool completely before cutting into squares. I cut 1/2 inch off all edges then cut into squares.
Makes 9-12 Servings
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.