Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Desserts
Feb
2015

Tags: , , , , ,

My Peanutty Tagalong Brownies are the perfect sweet treat for any occasion. Use your Girl Scout Tagalong cookies to make this killer bakery style brownie!

Peanutty Tagalong Brownies

Let’s be honest, how can you turn down the Girl Scouts selling cookies?!  I can’t…ever.  I’m all about the Tagalongs and Thin Mints no question.  Chocolate and peanut butter have always been my weakness, but there’s something about those darn thin mints that make eating the whole sleeve no problem, lol!

I created this uber rich chocolatey thick brownie that will put a big smile on your face.  Homemade and peanutty fabulous.

Hope you enjoy this fun Girl Scout cookie creation!

Peanutty Tagalong Brownies

Kind of a good looking line up of ingredients 🙂

Peanutty Tagalong Brownies

First things first, add your chocolate chips to your hot melted butter.  Stir until mostly melted.  You can add back to the  microwave for 20-30 seconds if needed.

Peanutty Tagalong Brownies

Dry ingredients in the bowl next.

Sugar 🙂

Eggs and oil up next.

Peanutty Tagalong Brownies

I used mini chocolate chips, but use your favorite.  Chunks work great too.

Almost done 🙂

Peanutty Tagalong Brownies

I quartered 12 Tagalong Girl Scout Cookies to add to the batter.  Yippee!

Peanutty Tagalong Brownies

Transfer that fabulous batter to an 8×8 inch baking dish lined with parchment paper.

Peanutty Tagalong Brownies

Drizzle evenly with melted peanut butter.

Peanutty Tagalong Brownies

Top with a layer of peanuts and time to bake!

Peanutty Tagalong Brownies

I swear the hardest part about brownies is waiting for them to cool!  Worth the wait though 🙂  Enjoy!

Peanutty Tagalong Brownies

Peanutty Tagalong BrowniesPrep time: 10 min | Cook time: 45 min | Total time: 55 min

Ingredients

• 1 stick/8 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
  • 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup all-purpose Flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 cups mini chocolate chips
  • 12 Tagalong Girl Scout Cookies, quartered
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup roasted peanuts

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
  2. Place butter into a large mixing bowl and microwave until melted and hot, about 45 seconds or so. Pour in chocolate chips and stir until mostly melted. It’s ok, if it’s not perfectly smooth, you can add back to the microwave for 20-30 seconds to melt. Add flour, salt and sugars. Mix a few times then add egg yolks and oil. Mix until well combined then add chocolate chips and Tagalongs.
  3. Transfer batter to prepared baking dish, spreading evenly. Drizzle with melted peanut butter and peanuts. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool completely before cutting into squares. I cut 1/2 inch off all edges then cut into squares.

Makes 9-12 Servings

FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.

Comments

These brownies are the perfect size for my face 🙂 They look so so good!

Yum! I would so devour an entire batch of these in less than a day!

oh yeah, are you kidding me? I can never say no to a girl scout. . especially when I can get my tagalong or thin mint fix! Be still my heart . . these are my fave. . LOVE these brownies!!

Shut the oven door!! These look amazing and definitely making them this week!

totally amazing Jenny!!

Gaby says:

I could eat a whole batch of these brownies, they look so delicious!

Rachel says:

I have never made homemade brownies, but these look incredible!!!

You had me at tagalong brownies. Wow, these look way too good. The topping is chock-full of the good stuff. 🙂 I’m getting my Tagalongs this weekend. I can’t wait.

omg, these look fabulous! LOVE!!

I don’t know if I can part with my Tagalongs, but these brownies sure do look awesome!

Matea says:

I’ve only recently fallen in love with peanut butter, but now I can’t seem to get enough of it! These brownies look delish!

Jess says:

It’s recipes like this that make me wish we had Girl Scouts selling cookies in Australia!

Oh man oh man. I would be weak with a pan of these close by. I am going to have to make a pan of these.

Amanda Finks says:

Am I the only weirdo that loves to put my girl scout cookies in the fridge or even the freezer? It’s the best! Especially the thin mints.
    I’m definitely gonna be making these. And probably putting them in the fridge….cuz that’s how I do.

Ohhhh… I love tagalongs! Yum!!

Um, these are fabulous. Holy cow! One serving is the whole pan, right? 😉

Mmm … anything with peanut butter, Jenny! Love this … love love tagalongs!

Trisha says:

I have looked at your blog quite a bit, but don’t think I have ever commented. Your posts look so amazing. I don’t think I could use a whole lot of portion control with these. I think I would have to make them for someone else and make sure to leave a little piece for myself. Then I wouldn’t have leftovers staring me in the face and calling my name. They look amazing!

Amazing!!! Dream brownies. So tempting.

There’s something so nostalgic about Girl Scout cookies – what a fun treat and original brownie idea!

You had me at Tagalong. I can’t say no to those ones ever!!!

marla says:

Totally craving these now!! Love the nutty topping. xx

Marly says:

I need to make two batches – one for me and one for everyone else. Yum!

waiting for them to cool is always SO hard! these sound amazing

I’d love some of these right now! YUMMM.

Anne says:

Tagalongs were always my favorite growing up. I get excited every time I see that red box. These brownies look fabulous!!

These look so insanely delicious and you got me with all those crunchy peanuts you layered on top!! Yummy!

I can never turn down the cookies. Not just for the cookies but the little girls in their uniforms. Too cute! One time they did a song and dance. I think I bought 10 boxes for that show. These look amazing!

Melissa says:

Oh my gosh, these look like the most decadently delicious brownies ever! I am salivating!