Sharing a favorite brownie recipe today! My Peanutty Tagalong Brownies are the perfect sweet treat for any occasion. Use your Girl Scout Tagalong cookies to make this killer bakery style brownie!
This brownie recipe is so good, can’t wait for you to make it! I created this uber rich chocolatey thick brownie that will put a big smile on your face. Homemade and peanutty fabulous. Let’s be honest, how can you turn down the Girl Scouts selling cookies?! I can’t…ever. I’m all about the Tagalongs and Thin Mints no question. Chocolate and peanut butter have always been my weakness, but there’s something about those darn thin mints that make eating the whole sleeve no problem, lol!
Kind of a good looking line up of ingredients 🙂
First things first, add your chocolate chips to your hot melted butter. Stir until mostly melted. You can add back to the microwave for 20-30 seconds if needed.
Dry ingredients in the bowl next.
Eggs and oil up next.
I used mini chocolate chips, but use your favorite. Chunks work great too.
Almost done 🙂
I quartered 12 Tagalong Girl Scout Cookies to add to the batter. Yippee!
Transfer that fabulous batter to an 8×8 inch baking dish lined with parchment paper.
What’s The Best Type of Pan For Baking Brownies?
- Light colored aluminum pans are my favorite for baking brownies. They heat up quickly without overheating, and then cools down quickly once removed from the oven.
- Glass (such as Pyrex) and ceramic have poor heat conduction. I’ve used plenty of my pyrex pans for baking brownies, but I try to stick to my lighter aluminum non-stick pans.
- Dark colored aluminum pans are a very common material. It work just fine for baking brownies, but since dark colors absorb more heat than light colors, keep a close eye on your brownies to prevent over baking.
- Edge Brownie Pans have become very popular. It’s the pan that gives you an edge brownie piece with every square. It’s a light aluminum pan, so I’m a fan! Find them at most Walmart and Target stores. Amazon is also a great place to find them.
Drizzle evenly with melted peanut butter.
Top with a layer of peanuts and time to bake!
I swear the hardest part about brownies is waiting for them to cool! Worth the wait though 🙂 Enjoy!
Peanutty Tagalong Brownies
- 1 stick/8 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 12 Tagalong Girl Scout Cookies quartered
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter melted
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place butter into a large mixing bowl and microwave until melted and hot, about 45 seconds or so. Pour in chocolate chips and stir until mostly melted. It’s ok, if it’s not perfectly smooth, you can add back to the microwave for 20-30 seconds to melt. Add flour, salt and sugars. Mix a few times then add egg yolks and oil. Mix until well combined then add chocolate chips and Tagalongs.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish, spreading evenly. Drizzle with melted peanut butter and peanuts. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool completely before cutting into squares. I cut 1/2 inch off all edges then cut into squares.