Sharing a favorite brownie recipe today! My Peanutty Tagalong Brownies are the perfect sweet treat for any occasion. Use your Girl Scout Tagalong cookies to make this killer bakery style brownie!
This brownie recipe is so good, can’t wait for you to make it! I created this uber rich chocolatey thick brownie that will put a big smile on your face. Homemade and peanutty fabulous. Let’s be honest, how can you turn down the Girl Scouts selling cookies?! I can’t…ever. I’m all about the Tagalongs and Thin Mints no question. Chocolate and peanut butter have always been my weakness, but there’s something about those darn thin mints that make eating the whole sleeve no problem, lol!
Try my One Bowl Chocolate Chunk Brownies too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Kind of a good looking line up of ingredients 🙂
First things first, add your chocolate chips to your hot melted butter. Stir until mostly melted. You can add back to the microwave for 20-30 seconds if needed.
Dry ingredients in the bowl next.
Eggs and oil up next.
I used mini chocolate chips, but use your favorite. Chunks work great too.
Almost done 🙂
I quartered 12 Tagalong Girl Scout Cookies to add to the batter. Yippee!
Transfer that fabulous batter to an 8×8 inch baking dish lined with parchment paper.
What’s The Best Type of Pan For Baking Brownies?
- Light colored aluminum pans are my favorite for baking brownies. They heat up quickly without overheating, and then cools down quickly once removed from the oven.
- Glass (such as Pyrex) and ceramic have poor heat conduction. I’ve used plenty of my pyrex pans for baking brownies, but I try to stick to my lighter aluminum non-stick pans.
- Dark colored aluminum pans are a very common material. It work just fine for baking brownies, but since dark colors absorb more heat than light colors, keep a close eye on your brownies to prevent over baking.
- Edge Brownie Pans have become very popular. It’s the pan that gives you an edge brownie piece with every square. It’s a light aluminum pan, so I’m a fan! Find them at most Walmart and Target stores. Amazon is also a great place to find them.
Drizzle evenly with melted peanut butter.
Top with a layer of peanuts and time to bake!
I swear the hardest part about brownies is waiting for them to cool! Worth the wait though 🙂 Enjoy!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Tagalong Brownies
- 1 stick/8 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 12 Tagalong Girl Scout Cookies quartered
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter melted
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place butter into a large mixing bowl and microwave until melted and hot, about 45 seconds or so. Pour in chocolate chips and stir until mostly melted. It’s ok, if it’s not perfectly smooth, you can add it back to the microwave for 20-30 seconds to melt. Add flour, salt, and both sugars. Mix a few times then add egg yolks and oil. Mix until well combined then add chocolate chips and Tagalongs.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish, spreading evenly. Drizzle with melted peanut butter and peanuts. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool completely before cutting into squares. I cut 1/2 inch off all edges then cut into squares.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board
Oh my gosh, these look like the most decadently delicious brownies ever! I am salivating!
I can never turn down the cookies. Not just for the cookies but the little girls in their uniforms. Too cute! One time they did a song and dance. I think I bought 10 boxes for that show. These look amazing!
These look so insanely delicious and you got me with all those crunchy peanuts you layered on top!! Yummy!
Tagalongs were always my favorite growing up. I get excited every time I see that red box. These brownies look fabulous!!
I’d love some of these right now! YUMMM.
waiting for them to cool is always SO hard! these sound amazing
I need to make two batches – one for me and one for everyone else. Yum!
Totally craving these now!! Love the nutty topping. xx
There’s something so nostalgic about Girl Scout cookies – what a fun treat and original brownie idea!
Amazing!!! Dream brownies. So tempting.
I have looked at your blog quite a bit, but don’t think I have ever commented. Your posts look so amazing. I don’t think I could use a whole lot of portion control with these. I think I would have to make them for someone else and make sure to leave a little piece for myself. Then I wouldn’t have leftovers staring me in the face and calling my name. They look amazing!
Mmm … anything with peanut butter, Jenny! Love this … love love tagalongs!
Um, these are fabulous. Holy cow! One serving is the whole pan, right? 😉
Ohhhh… I love tagalongs! Yum!!
Am I the only weirdo that loves to put my girl scout cookies in the fridge or even the freezer? It’s the best! Especially the thin mints.
I’m definitely gonna be making these. And probably putting them in the fridge….cuz that’s how I do.
Oh man oh man. I would be weak with a pan of these close by. I am going to have to make a pan of these.
It’s recipes like this that make me wish we had Girl Scouts selling cookies in Australia!
I’ve only recently fallen in love with peanut butter, but now I can’t seem to get enough of it! These brownies look delish!
I don’t know if I can part with my Tagalongs, but these brownies sure do look awesome!
omg, these look fabulous! LOVE!!
You had me at tagalong brownies. Wow, these look way too good. The topping is chock-full of the good stuff. 🙂 I’m getting my Tagalongs this weekend. I can’t wait.
I have never made homemade brownies, but these look incredible!!!
I could eat a whole batch of these brownies, they look so delicious!
totally amazing Jenny!!
Shut the oven door!! These look amazing and definitely making them this week!
oh yeah, are you kidding me? I can never say no to a girl scout. . especially when I can get my tagalong or thin mint fix! Be still my heart . . these are my fave. . LOVE these brownies!!
Yum! I would so devour an entire batch of these in less than a day!
These brownies are the perfect size for my face 🙂 They look so so good!