Sharing my Make Ahead Country Burritos today!
This is one of our favorite burrito recipes that we keep in the refrigerator to grab anytime we feel like it. So perfect with your favorite hot sauce. Breakfast, lunch or dinner, you are in for a treat.
I make a sausage, rice, corn base that is seasoned with dry Ranch dressing seasoning. The rice is even great as a side dish. You’ll love this flavor packed dish!
You can go lighter on the rice so that the ratio of sausage is greater. Whatever your preference. I’ve also added diced tomatoes, green chilies and salsa to the mix. You can get creative with your family’s favorite ingredients.
I used burrito size tortillas but I also enjoy using Tortilla Land’s uncooked tortillas you heat up on a skillet. Top filling with cheese and roll up.
Cheddar, mozzarella, or even a pepper jack cheese would be great.
Fold em’ up and enjoy now or save in the refrigerator for later.
My boys love having these in the refrigerator for quick bites to eat during the day.
Make Ahead Country Burritos
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min
- 2 cups white or brown short grain rice, dry
- 1 pound ground sausage, mild
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 packet dry Ranch dressing seasoning
- 12-16 burrito size tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook rice according to package directions. Cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat until browned and crumbled. Add cooked rice, cream, corn and Ranch dressing seasoning. Stir to combine. Spoon sausage mixture into center of tortillas, top with cheese and fold burrito style. Either serve warm with your favorite hot sauce or wrap each burrito in foil and store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Makes 12-16 Servings
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.