My Pesto Parmesan Crispy Chicken Penne makes the perfect weeknight dinner any night of the week! Packed with amazing flavor, the whole family enjoys.
You are in for quite the treat with my Pesto Parmesan Crispy Chicken Penne recipe.
This quick fix dinner recipe is one of my very favorites. So simple with so much flavor. Wait until you enjoy this crispy chicken. So good. Enjoy!
Can I Use Other Chicken Parts?
You can use other chicken parts if desired. I’ve used chicken breast and tenders for this recipe. You’ll need to adjust the time accordingly, especially for the breasts.
Start by cooking the pasta and browning/crisping the chicken thighs. Make sure your pan is nice and hot before adding chicken. This will ensure you get a nice crisp crust.
Add Cooked Pasta To Chicken
Once the chicken is cooked add the cooked pasta to the large skillet.
Stir In Pesto
Stir in a small jar of prepared pesto….and seriously that’s about it!
Top with fresh parmesan cheese and dinner is done!
You guys, that crispy chicken with the pesto pasta….on point. You’re going to love this one!
Tips For Pesto Parmesan Crispy Chicken Penne
*Make sure your pan is nice and hot before adding chicken to brown/crisp. A hot pan will give you the nice crust you are looking for.
*Get a nice Parmesan Cheese to top your pasta. You’ll notice many varieties. The shaved Parmesan is great for this dish.
*Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for no more than 3 days.
What Should I Serve This Penne With?
*Garlic bread always goes nicely with pasta.
*I almost always serve this meal with a simple green salad as well.
- 12 ounces dry penne noodles
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6.3 oz jar or 1 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup parmesan shaved or grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper then place into hot skillet to brown/crisp both sides. Cook until centers are no longer pink and outer edges are crisp. Add cooked pasta to skillet and stir in prepared pesto until warmed. Reduce heat to low and top with Parmesan cheese before serving.
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.