This Sweet N’ Creamy Lemon Pie makes the perfect dessert for Pi Day and Spring!
Lemon desserts are hands down some of our favorite desserts to enjoy as a family. I’ll never forget seeing my boys face when they came home from school and saw this vibrant pie sitting on the kitchen counter. We all grabbed a fork and cut some slices to enjoy together. There’s nothing more I love than baking for my family. I just know they’ll love these fun memories in the kitchen we have and share it with their children someday. I always make it a point to bake a little extra and it always results in cherishing these priceless memories.
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Karo® Syrup to bring you dessert recipes great for any occasion. I was inspired by Karo’s Lemon Dream Pie recipe and added my own spin on it.
The texture Karo® Syrup brings to your baking is like no other. You’ll always find it stocked in my pantry for all of my baking needs throughout the year and you’ll find that it is a key ingredient to have around whenever you’re baking. Again, I love surprising my family with delicious desserts to see the smiles on their faces. I think I might bake this up again for Pi Day because they just loved it so much! I encourage you to bake up this sweet surprise for friends and family with Pi Day right around the corner. I definitely will be baking a little extra to show my loved ones I am thinking about them!
To start the lemon filling add granulated sugar to a medium mixing bowl.
Add your eggs.
Your Karo® Syrup.
The lemon zest really makes the flavor pop!
Pour your lemon layer into the bottom of an unbaked pie crust.
For the cream layer add sour cream and sugar to another medium mixing bowl.
Add an egg and mix until combined.
Pour the cream layer over the lemon layer and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
We’re ready for the oven!
Bake until filling is set and crust is golden.
Let cool completely, slice and serve with homemade whipped cream. Enjoy!
Sweet N’ Creamy Lemon Pie
Prep time: 20 min | Cook time: 50-55 min | Total time: 1 hour 15 min
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 3/4 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Argo® Corn Starch
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat 1/4 cup sugar, 2 eggs, corn syrup, lemon juice, butter, corn starch and lemon zest until well blended. Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- In same bowl, whisk sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 egg, until smooth. Pour over top of lemon layer and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup sugar evenly over filling.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until filling is puffed and set. Cool on wire rack. To serve, top with whipped cream.
Makes 8 Servings
Recipe inspired from Karo’s Lemon Dream Pie
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Karo® Syrup. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.